Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

Announcements this Week
1) Hotel Renovations for Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and Disney’s Ambassador Hotel

2) Park tickets will have a price hike effective on April 1, 2020.

3) Tokyo DisneySea’s 8th port Fantasy Springs has been delayed a year later than expected.

So it now appears that 8th port would set to open around sometime Tokyo Disneyland 40th anniversary celebrations.

Robbiem

Maybe they are saving it until after the Olympic boost wares off as an incentive to get people to return. Osaka is hosting expo 2025 so that could also be a factor - giving the resort a big push to compete?

ThemeParkTraveller

Based on further study and review, the expansion project of this eighth Tokyo DisneySea themed port will be fully in operation in fiscal year 2023. There is no revision of other items that have been announced to date.

Note: The scheduled timing of the start of operations for the large-scale expansion project was announced as fiscal year 2022 in the press release of June 14, 2018.

The Oriental Land Co., Ltd. fiscal year starts on April 1 and ends on March 31.

So, the previous range for opening was April 2022-March 2023. Now, it's April 2023-March 2024. Hopefully it's in the first half of that time frame.

83144249_3205518612795103_6354329652583989248_o.jpg

Is this concept art new?

ThemeParkTraveller

The reason of the delay might have something to do with one of the Facilities(New hotel or Frozen)

I guess it's a bigger project than expected. TDL 2020 expansion started construction in 2017, so this taking an extra year isn't too surprising. Maybe they will have another update later this year, hopefully with new concept art.

BrianLo

So, the previous range for opening was April 2022-March 2023. Now, it's April 2023-March 2024. Hopefully it's in the first half of that time frame.

I always get very confused with how they word things based around their "fiscal years"... but I think the previous range was April 2021-March 2022 (Fiscal year 2022). Now, it's April 2022-March 2023 (fiscal year 2023).

It doesn't necessarily mean it is delayed a full year, but I imagine they thought they could open it under the wire of Jan-March 2022 and that is no longer happening.

BrianLo

Its actually from April 01,2023 through March 31, 2024 by fiscal year 2023

My confusion with that stems from every report always referring to the fiscal years as ‘fiscal year ending March XXXX).

^Would be nice if you're right, as I had (incorrectly?) thought the pre-delay date meant a Spring/Summer 2022 opening.

I was surprised to see the Peter Pan showbuilding had already gone vertical: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPgCcjUU0AEFrEn?format=jpg

I thought so too. 30 months for first vertical steel to opening date for the New Fantasyland as a comparator. Which would mean there’s an outside shot at Fall 2022.

I realize it’s a larger project in some way... but at the very latest Spring 2023 would be taking their sweet time. This isn’t a 2024 project unless they are giving the construction crews a vacation.

ThemeParkTraveller

I realize it’s a larger project in some way... but at the very latest Spring 2023 would be taking their sweet time. This isn’t a 2024 project unless they are giving the construction crews a vacation.

I think for sure OLC would want it open mid-2023 at the latest to sync with the 40th Anniversary event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom