Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

ThemeParkTraveller

Golden Castle

Disney released new concept art for the MK castle makeover also happening this year. Aside from the gold accents, it looks like the two castles are just swapping color schemes.

bcc92834982402984029834.jpg

SplashJacket

To my knowledge capacity has not been discussed nor has a blueprint of the ride been released for the Beauty and the Beast ride being added to Tokyo Disneyland. However, I have not been following this thread for very long so I would not be surprised if I am wrong.

The ride vehicles seat 10 people each. The preview of the ride showed groups of 3 vehicles, thus, 30 people per batch of vehicles.

My baseline will be Ratatouille. The Rat vehicles seat 6 people each and release in batches of 3 vehicles and thus have batches of 18 people. The ride has a capacity of around 2200 an hour. With simple math, you can see the dispatch of Ratatouille is one batch every 30 seconds. This dispatch is possible due to 6 separate load and unloads platforms.

It is hard to know how fast the ride will dispatch with such little information, especially without a blueprint that contains the number of load and unload platforms. However, the preview of the ballroom scene in Beauty and the Beast shows a total of 6 ride vehicles. To accomplish this, I would expect a loading and unloading system similar to Rat.

If the dispatch rate is 30 seconds each vehicle would spend 1 minute in the ballroom scene, which makes perfect sense. If the dispatch rate is a batch every 60 seconds each vehicle would spend 2 minutes in the ballroom scene. I believe the most logical thing is one batch being dispatched every 30 seconds, a figure completely feasible with two separate loads that mirror Ratatouille.

If one batch of vehicles (30 people) dispatches every 30 seconds the ride will have a monster THC of 3,600 an hour.

If one batch of vehicles dispatches every 45 seconds it will have a respectable THC of 2,700.

I really hope the THC is the 3,600 figure as it would be a huge win for the park.

Time for @marni1971 to crush my dreams with a 1,800 THC... :)

HKDLer

If one batch of vehicles (30 people) dispatches every 30 seconds the ride will have a monster THC of 3,600 an hour.

If one batch of vehicles dispatches every 45 seconds it will have a respectable THC of 2,700.

I really hope the THC is the 3,600 figure as it would be a huge win for the park.

Extra information:
Mystic Manor has a dispatch interval of 50s, giving the maximum THRC of 1,728 if all four vehicles are fully loaded with 6 persons. In reality, the no. of guests carried is usually around 1,200 in an hour.

Since BatB features single rider and individual restraint (minimising awkwardness when seated with strangers), I'm sure they can send fully loaded vehicles at higher rates.

Magic Feather

To my knowledge capacity has not been discussed nor has a blueprint of the ride been released for the Beauty and the Beast ride being added to Tokyo Disneyland. However, I have not been following this thread for very long so I would not be surprised if I am wrong.

The ride vehicles seat 10 people each. The preview of the ride showed groups of 3 vehicles, thus, 30 people per batch of vehicles.

My baseline will be Ratatouille. The Rat vehicles seat 6 people each and release in batches of 3 vehicles and thus have batches of 18 people. The ride has a capacity of around 2200 an hour. With simple math, you can see the dispatch of Ratatouille is one batch every 30 seconds. This dispatch is possible due to 6 separate load and unloads platforms.

It is hard to know how fast the ride will dispatch with such little information, especially without a blueprint that contains the number of load and unload platforms. However, the preview of the ballroom scene in Beauty and the Beast shows a total of 6 ride vehicles. To accomplish this, I would expect a loading and unloading system similar to Rat.

If the dispatch rate is 30 seconds each vehicle would spend 1 minute in the ballroom scene, which makes perfect sense. If the dispatch rate is a batch every 60 seconds each vehicle would spend 2 minutes in the ballroom scene. I believe the most logical thing is one batch being dispatched every 30 seconds, a figure completely feasible with two separate loads that mirror Ratatouille.

Extra information:
Mystic Manor has a dispatch interval of 50s, giving the maximum THRC of 1,728 if all four vehicles are fully loaded with 6 persons. In reality, the no. of guests carried is usually around 1,200 in an hour.

Since BatB features single rider and individual restraint (minimising awkwardness when seated with strangers), I'm sure they can send fully loaded vehicles at higher rates.
BatB's dispatches are closer to Mystic's than Rat's. The 10 person vehicles were more out of necessity for capacity reasons, IIRC. Also, I may have it wrong, but where did you see 3 vehicles per dispatch? (I have 4 per in my notes)

fradz

Assuming one dispatch every 45sec , i.e. every 0.75min with 30 people per dispatch I have = 80 dispatches * 30 people = 2400PPH.
If we have 4 vehicles at once, that's a nice 3200PPH. In any cases it should be above RotR 😂

SplashJacket

BatB's dispatches are closer to Mystic's than Rat's. The 10 person vehicles were more out of necessity for capacity reasons, IIRC. Also, I may have it wrong, but where did you see 3 vehicles per dispatch? (I have 4 per in my notes)

The ballroom scene had 6 vehicles dancing in the ballroom so I made the assumption that it would be half of the vehicles per dispatch.

It can be seen at the 2:50 mark.
At 2:17 there are also only 3 vehicles included in the scene.

Now that I watch it again there is a scene where there are 4 vehicles. Something I did not notice the first watch-through.

I made assumed everything I said in the post from the teaser video. I would trust your information, even if it, unfortunately, has a lower capacity.

SweetDuffy101

The rumblings of Tokyo Disney Resort closing is inevitable now, That dine in shows are starting to cancel reservations and C-Virus is spreading fast here in Japan, And there has been a case near urayasu City. Although there are no official announcement from olc The government is asking extra precautions, To avoid on going to public places and always use alcohol wear mask all the time. Again This is just one rumor.

ThemeParkTraveller

The rumblings of Tokyo Disney Resort closing is inevitable now, That dine in shows are starting to cancel reservations and C-Virus is spreading fast here in Japan, And there has been a case near urayasu City. Although there are no official announcement from olc The government is asking extra precautions, To avoid on going to public places and always use alcohol wear mask all the time. Again This is just one rumor.

Thanks for the update. I'll be watching the news closely as I have a trip planned for later this year and am wondering if I should cancel. Do you know if there are similar rumors about Universal Studios Japan closing as well?

cheezbat

Major bummer...had my honeymoon planned for Japan as well as China...and if Japan is in this mess too, it’s all down the drain.

SplashJacket

I'm really starting to worry for Japan as a country. A bit of tourism had already slowed pre-corona as the lull before the wave of Olympic tourists that they would then ride out for a few years. If the Olympics get cancelled, it could be very bad.

My guess is it would be delayed or postponed until the next year, not outright canceled. There's just way too much that goes into it.

SweetDuffy101

There’s so much hearsay going on right now,
BUT the International Olympic Comittee states, That the event is taking place according to schedule ,
The final Decision is set to be announced Last week of May. They can’t cancel on this one Japan Has spent a Whopping 25$ Billion Dollars just for the games.

there are multiple options being considered
1. Move the games a year from schedule
2. Do the games Via Live Telecast with no spectators.
3. Do the games as planned.

Update regarding Tokyo Disney Resort closure,

OLC stated that they are not closing the park for the time being.

Instead, They would take a close look about the situation.

and they’ve put out warnings when going to the resort.

jrhwdw

BUT the International Olympic Comittee states, That the event is taking place according to schedule ,
The final Decision is set to be announced Last week of May. They can’t cancel on this one Japan Has spent a Whopping 25$ Billion Dollars just for the games.

Option 2: How do they protect the athletes then???

I've had Option 1 in my head for a few days now....

What was the net loss of the canceled games in the 1940's because of WWII? Or was no money spent becaeuse we were in a war already?

I hope that's not offensive to anybody!!

mharrington

At this point, I'm not sure if the games will be canceled, according to at least one official. Here's what the current NYT article says:

[A]s the virus has begun to spread through the country, officials in Japan have played down suggestions that plans for the Games could be altered or even canceled. At a news briefing on Wednesday, the chief cabinet secretary, Yoshihide Suga, said that preparations for the Games were proceeding “as planned,” adding that the Olympic torch would begin its journey to Japan in March according to schedule. The I.O.C. has also declined to entertain the possibility that the Games might not take place exactly as planned.

Anything can happen between now and then, of course, but I hope they go on, as they are planning to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom