Tokyo Disney Resort 40th Anniversary “Dream-Go-Round”

SweetDuffy101

Someone tell me who are the different groups on the other side of the parade route being filmed and such. Soooo many questions?!?!
Celebrities its press media week and all of the major tv networks shows will be doing a mass documentary of Tokyo Disney Resort 40th anniversary which is a very big event. And Given how popular Tokyo disney is in the locals its already a culture when disney does this big celebration.

Tokyo disney has already done major tv promotions leading to 40th anniversary celebrations.

TTA94

Japan region users can, I don’t believe anywhere else. I know I get it on Apple Music here.

We can get Tokyo music on Apple Music in the US? I do not use Apple Music just iTunes, for the reason that I don’t want to lose everything if I ever decided to not continue the Apple Music subscription. But if you can get the Tokyo soundtracks then I might consider it lol.

SweetDuffy101

We can get Tokyo music on Apple Music in the US? I do not use Apple Music just iTunes, for the reason that I don’t want to lose everything if I ever decided to not continue the Apple Music subscription. But if you can get the Tokyo soundtracks then I might consider it lol.
actually you can search the catalog on Spotify for free. If it's available there. Theres a high chance that it will be on other streaming services as well like apple music.

TTA94

I just had the opportunity to watch a video of the whole parade. Definitely a fun soundtrack. My opinion overall is it almost looks and sounds more like a street party than a parade. Dare I saw something I could easily see at one of the US parks in terms of quality. Not that it’s bad quality but just not on par with prior Tokyo parades in my opinion. I do still like it though.

tanc

Thoughts on the castle? Honestly wish WDW did this instead. Although not sure how I feel about the banners.
TDR40Castle_11.jpeg
TDR40Castle_2.jpeg
TDR40Castle_4.jpeg
TDR40Castle_1.jpeg
TDR40Castle_3.jpeg

SweetDuffy101

Thoughts on the castle? Honestly wish WDW did this instead. Although not sure how I feel about the banners.View attachment 709756View attachment 709757View attachment 709758View attachment 709759View attachment 709760
There was an ongoing theory that the banner theme was a last minute decision by olc, In recent anniversary theme , The main theme was supposed to match the new parade in which case a Pinwheel.

Major factor that played with the decision is that COVID played a major role since the restrictions was just eased recently. And they had a restricted deadline and budget since attendance was still very limited and profit wasnt good until last year.

Even time to shine event at Tokyo DisneySea wasnt planned to be that boring at all. Like Universal Studios Japan 20th anniversary celebrations both parks were planning big celebrations and budget cuts had to be made or offerings need to be delayed.

tanc

There was an ongoing theory that the banner theme was a last minute decision by olc, In recent anniversary theme , The main theme was supposed to match the new parade in which case a Pinwheel.

Major factor that played with the decision is that COVID played a major role since the restrictions was just eased recently. And they had a restricted deadline and budget since attendance was still very limited and profit wasnt good until last year.

Even time to shine event at Tokyo DisneySea wasnt planned to be that boring at all. Like Universal Studios Japan 20th anniversary celebrations both parks were planning big celebrations and budget cuts had to be made or offerings need to be delayed.
I mean the banners just look a bit off. Definitely seems like a last minute decision to me, I don't mind the 40th plaque though.

TsWade2

Sorry, I haven't been to this forum lately, and I got to see Disney Harmony in Color Parade, and I had to say, it's brilliant! It's beautiful and very colorful! And the music was fantastic! Much better than Dreaming Up Parade's music. I love Dreaming Up Parade even though the pandemic ruined it two years later. I'm glad they include some classic characters even though there's only one classic film got it's own float, but at least they're included. Great parade!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Here's some footage of the 40th Anniversary fireworks show, "Sky Full of Colors":

It's fine, but you'd think that given their fireworks limitations, TDR would go all in on projections like DLP...

Last edited:

wtyy21

Here's some footage of the 40th Anniversary fireworks show, "Sky Full of Colors":

It's fine, but you'd think that given their fireworks limitations, TDR would go all in on projections like DLP...

The voiceover look different there. Usually, we seen a female Japanese and a male (Kurt Common) CA alternately doing park announcement. Now, this is like former TDS announcement, where both Japanese and English CA's are male.

Soleurs

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The voiceover look different there. Usually, we seen a female Japanese and a male (Kurt Common) CA alternately doing park announcement. Now, this is like former TDS announcement, where both Japanese and English CA's are male.
Kurt seems to have been retired since early last year, you only hear him now in Mickey's Magical Music World and a couple other places. Too bad, he was the voice of Tokyo Disneyland for more than 25 years.
Do you happen to know what the track list will be for the albums? Hopeing they include a re release of Dreamlights.
It doesn't. Here's the list for both albums.

On a separate note, if anyone wanted to hear the audio for Harmony in Color, someone very intrepid on YouTube has taken a great mic to a speaker, it's good enough to tide us over until the CD comes I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom