Tokyo Disney Resort 35th Anniversary: Happiest Celebration

SweetDuffy101

This should be interesting! A Test for the 35th events perhaps?
Gifts Of Christmas soft opened last night (this morning our time):

Do I hear new voices in that? Are we getting new voices for the 35th?

If you’re talking about new voices for Characters, The most noticeable one Is the Japanese Minnie Mouse Voice which has been changed since last year due to the former voice actor passing away.

This maybe a mix of WOC and season of lights in a. way but the soundtrack really makes this show amazing, Specially after the show the forecourt turns into an aurora effect with snowfall.

jrhwdw

Well, TDR's first livestream was just about perfect!:

Only thing they should have done was touch on TDEP Dreamlights Xmas and Christmas Wishes at TDS

SweetDuffy101

I hope so, since Tokyo is still the only one with old heads.
im starting To feel next year is the year for the new heads, They’re retiring all regular shows starting march next year except BBB and One mans dream.

and if you’re planning to go next year Tokyo disneyland Just annouced a 2 year Main entrance Overhaul, with half the ticket booth will be close so expect more Construction walls until 2019.
Of course during the construction of the main entrance ongoing, A new rope drop has been announced. and will be effective April 16, 2018.

And new Regular shows will start on July 2018.

Attachments

• 513D4D13-35EA-40C0-95DB-D442889B9EC1.jpeg
    513D4D13-35EA-40C0-95DB-D442889B9EC1.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 8EBE3F11-F27D-41BB-A95A-E339C28521E6.jpeg
    8EBE3F11-F27D-41BB-A95A-E339C28521E6.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 261

jrhwdw

im starting To feel next year is the year for the new heads, They’re retiring all regular shows starting march next year except BBB and One mans dream.

and if you’re planning to go next year Tokyo disneyland Just annouced a 2 year Main entrance Overhaul, with half the ticket booth will be close so expect more Construction walls until 2019.
Of course during the construction of the main entrance ongoing, A new rope drop has been announced. and will be effective April 16, 2018.

And new Regular shows will start on July 2018.
I'm confused here, are they redoing Central Plaza/hub as well??? If so, how is that going to work with Dreaming Up and Dreamlights?
Also before the 35th, I read that 2018 is the final year for Frozen Fantasy So who knows what Winter 2020 will look like. Winter 2019 is the 35th Grand Finale remember .

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm confused here, are they redoing Central Plaza/hub as well??? If so, how is that going to work with Dreaming Up and Dreamlights?
Also before the 35th, I read that 2018 is the final year for Frozen Fantasy So who knows what Winter 2020 will look like. Winter 2019 is the 35th Grand Finale remember .

The park's main entrance, as in outside the gates, not the hub.

SweetDuffy101

one quick update as of today. Small World Facade has been taken down and will be rebuilt and reopen on Spring 2018.

Attachments

• 14E5FD43-7C28-425D-B42F-64BB8ADEC03D.jpeg
    14E5FD43-7C28-425D-B42F-64BB8ADEC03D.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 262

Stevie Amsterdam

I'm a little confused. I will be visiting TDR from March 13 - 15 and as far as I know only IASW and HM should be down for refurbishment? Will most of the shows be cancelled by then and, worse, will there be lots of construction walls?

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm a little confused. I will be visiting TDR from March 13 - 15 and as far as I know only IASW and HM should be down for refurbishment? Will most of the shows be cancelled by then and, worse, will there be lots of construction walls?

The official site is very thorough, listing refurb and even show closing dates here:

http://info.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/schedule/stop/stop_list.html

Minnie Oh Minnie and Steps to Shine close March 18. Construction walls will only be up at construction sites - Soarin' in TDS, Fantasyland expansion in TDL and any closed refurbing attractions.

VJ

When Davison is on, he's on. But long gone are the days when everything he created was unique and different. Happiness is Here and Festival of Fantasy are indeed some of my favorite parades, but this is also the man who's most recent works are Disney Illuminations and Ignite the Dream. I don't have high expectations.
Honestly, have to agree. In his prime his work was amazing, but recently he's relied more on the same tropes, movies, and music; every nighttime spectacular he's produced since 2010 has been essentially World of Color, slightly remixed every time. He's done a bit better on parades but I feel like Mark Hammond is resting on his laurels as of late.

I am a truly big fan of Steve Davison but you can't ignore the lack of creativity lately. It's subtle, and probably not something most regular fans will pick up on, but it's there. And it honestly makes me sad because he produced amazing shows like Remember... Dreams Come True.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom