To mutch missing from spaceship earth

vintageepcot

Original Poster
I was comparing the 2 spaceship earths. I like the new one and think it was a genius as the first one but the second one I think was more intresting with the fiberoptics and I think demonstrated comunication a little better with the fiberoptic radiowaves the conversations from one side to another and the fiberoptics going over the city. That was realey detailed I think they need to show that again. I also dont get how they just end with that guy on the computer I was a little thrown off.

EPCOTPluto

I guess SSE07 is to process a new meaning of communication that now IMHO reflects computers, especially the newer scenes. (That's Steve Woz in his garage, though he always seem to sleep whenever I'm on the ride.) And I love the go-go dancer/scientist chick! :lol:

I agree that they should've done more with the fiber optics. Of course, making & watching your video seems to be more of the crowd pleaser than a promising future city scene & hopes for a better future. :rolleyes: And don't forget the starry view the first half of the descent.

I never would've believed back in 2007 it would've been like his, had an Imagineer told me the plans...I guess it wasn't the Horizons-esque feeling I believed was going to happen from the videos of Horizons, with creating your tomorrow & such.

Funny is that I now just press random buttons for "my future" and pay more attention at the inky blackness of the descent. I also like that it's sent home if you do that e-mail thing, so I will watch it home rather there. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

If you mean the descent, I doubt it. I haven't seen any work on it in a long time, save for those triangles.

I think that it is truly finished. :cry::cry::cry:

We had been told, about a month ago, that work had stopped for the time being. It's going to resume when sponsorship picks up the tab at the begining of the new fiscal year.:wave:

EPCOTPluto

We had been told, about a month ago, that work had stopped for the time being. It's going to resume when sponsorship picks up the tab at the beginning of the new fiscal year.:wave:
:eek: Well, then, thanks for renewing my hope for SSE! :sohappy:

Who let that out anyway? Sounds like 2010 would be another good year...

Cmdr_Crimson

It's also possible that it was used for the model in the EPCOT 25 exhibit..I could be wrong tho since they had the original from OMD there and then had a second one made since they returned it..Also I think it was a bit bigger and it had no legs....it was just the geosphere.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
Oh no the new vershion is very good and the one that is stuck in the head is always the favorite I just think they took away to mutch. I notice some horizons czrzcteristics in the music and the ending. Long to explain but the same vibe feom the space center part to the screens. i jsut was wondering about other opinions about the fiberoptics and the sity disapearing.

Pseybert

The imagineers are laughing their heads off when people refer to the new SSE as "genius." My 15 year old sister could have written a better script. The ride has no heart, but most of you couldn't care less about that, because it takes funny pictures at the end!

Rogue21

Red pen alert!

Typos notwithstanding . . . "Mutch", "vershion", "realey", "czrzcteristics" and "sity"?

As I often tell my text happy nieces, spelling counts. And, yes, grammar is important too. Truly, writing without the aid of an electronic device, or even in general, seems to be a lost art. :shrug:

Of course, maybe I'm just a bit too particular. :rolleyes:

Apologies, back to the SSE topic at hand . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom