To go or not to go

12in12

I have a luxury problem I just can't seem to solve.
I have a 12 night family trip planned for beginning of December. I have been happily planning it all but it feels so far away. I have nearly 3 weeks holiday end of August beginning of September and after looking at my finances I realised I could go for a 10 night trip then as well.
On the one hand I am telling myself I should be responsible and add the money to my savings or over pay the mortgage but on the other hand I would love to have a solo trip and enjoy the world without having to please anyone. I am a bit worried that going so close together I might suffer from World overload.
So should I stay or should I go?

Weather_Lady

I'll go ahead and be the voice of "reason"...

...save the money! Look forward to your upcoming trip and it will be that much more fun when you finally get there! It also won't be hot as blazes. In the meantime, rest easy knowing that if your car konks out, the basement floods or a family member has a crisis, you have some savings in the bank, and won't need to compromise your upcoming trip to pay for it.

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

If your finances permit it, then go for it! You can experience so many different things just based on going during 2 different seasons, so both trips could be really different. Technically, all vacation money could be spent on extra mortgage payments and what not, but the memories just won't be the same.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

I'm going in Sept and Dec of this year, so I understand the feeling. Unless you are coming from very far away, I would go for only 5 days in Sept to save some money and time for other things.

I like this idea.... Only go for half the time that you were planning. Sounds like a win/win to me!

Upvote 0

amaley01

wow, what a nice problem to have! o_O
Although my first reaction is "yes, yes, yes, go it's Disney", a compromise as suggested earlier would be a win-win both for your pocket book and personal down time.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Wellllll.... the responsible side of me says :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:..... Save the money or put it towards the bills. You never know what calamities are around the corner and if you blow the money youll regret it. This will be the one time something major breaks down. Play it safe and comfortable.
But the Disney fanatic side of me says :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:.... Go have fun, you only live once, after all its for a trip to Disney. You can never get enough, do enough, enjoy enough. Going twice in a year is a blast, something you may not get to do again. Going solo gives you a different experience and feel for Disney. Of course you wont overload on Disney... Youll have a fantastic time.
So weighing both sides of me... my Disney side wins out.

Its a risk, but only you know whether youre the kind of person willing to jump at it and be able to live with that decision with no regrets. Bottom line.... If it was me, I'd go... DW on the other hand would probably play it safe and not go.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Save the money for Xmas gifts instead. Or plan something special while on vacation that costs extra, like a dinner show or a fireworks boat excursion!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom