To Croc, or not to Croc?

melflip8

How many Croc's fans do we have out there for skipping around the World?

I just bought 2 pair of fairly feminine ones, not the clogs...as my size 10 feet make me feel like I have to walk backward, flipper fins style in them, haha.

I cannot rock my sneakers in the summer as my feet feel too constrained, and flip flops as of late have been SUPER cramping my calves.

Are Crocs my only hope?

bmarkelon

Ha! I was just talking about this recently with someone. The only place I ever wear my Crocs is Disney, and they are not cute...they are the Mickey Mouse ones! But they come in handy when my aching feet need a break from sneakers and just want to breathe. It's also a place more than anywhere else in the world where I do not care about the fashion choices I'm making. I even wore them with socks one day when I had an extremely painful blister on one of my feet. :eek:

Upvote 0

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I've had days at the end of the trip (usually Animal Kingdom day) when the only thing I could put on my feet were Crocs with socks but they aren't my go-to footwear choice. I have Nike's for that, both sneakers and strap runners. My thought...wear what you know to be most comfortable for you! Your feet will thank you!

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

I absolutely LOVE my Crocs! Over the years I expanded from me with one pair to everyone wearing them to everyone having 2-3 pairs to choose from on our trips. They are the only shoes and flip flops we bring on our Disney vacations! Plus they have so many styles to choose from now there's no reason to worry about being arrested by the fashion police.

Upvote 0

ishmael0316

My DW just bought a new pair of Crocs for our trip (in 9 days). She opted for the "Mary Jane" style, which are kinda cute. She LOVES the Crocs for walking around the park. I cannot bear to look at them usually; luckily, as I said, she got some cute ones. I have no doubt that I will be covering them in princess pins though. :)

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

CROC!!!!! Don't listen to the haters! LOL! :)

In all seriousness, I switched to Crocs over sneakers a few years ago for our park trips. Both me and my DH always thought they were just silly and couldn't possibly be all they were cracked up to be. I gave in and got a pair one trip when I was having some foot pain and just needed to get my foot out of the restrictive sneaker. After telling my DH over and over again how my feet weren't dying at the end of the day (an issue I'd always had) he finally gave in and got a pair and hasn't gone back. Since we only really wear them for our trips and not anything else, we opted for the lovely themed Mickey Crocs of course. :)

I still prefer sneakers for when I'm exercising but the thing with Crocs is they support your feet even when you're standing still. That was what killed me every time. Walking is one thing but when you add in the time you spend in lines just standing around, moving very little, Crocs make a huge difference... or at least they did for us. :D

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I haven't worn them in park, but have a pair for walking the dog in the rain. My biggest concern is that on some wet surfaces they are extremely slippery. Not a problem at home as I tromp through corn fields and the woods, but WDW with its varying surfaces worries me.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

Here is my take on ANY shoe choice. Because keeping your feet intact (no blisters, etc.) and comfortable are key to a successful WDW vacation, it shouldn't matter to anyone but you what you decide to wear as long as it can keep you comfortable for the entire vacation. Use them for a couple weeks before your trip to be sure you can make it thru a day without issue in them and go for it whatever it is. The right shoes have made a world of difference for me at WDW. Good luck!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Here is my take on ANY shoe choice. Because keeping your feet intact (no blisters, etc.) and comfortable are key to a successful WDW vacation, it shouldn't matter to anyone but you what you decide to wear as long as it can keep you comfortable for the entire vacation. Use them for a couple weeks before your trip to be sure you can make it thru a day without issue in them and go for it whatever it is. The right shoes have made a world of difference for me at WDW. Good luck!
I just can't wear crocs and not because they aren't comfortable. A friend of mine a few years ago, wore them ALL the time, swore by them. One day we decided to hit the pool and when she took her crocs off, I just happened to glance down, the top of her feet were *spotted* I kid you not, SPOTTED, like a leopard from wearing them so much. I cracked up and now we lovingly refer to her as Crocodile feet LOL

Upvote 0

6laurac

Croc's are great for regular to wide feet like my DD. I have narrow feet so I wear either Keen's or feminine Birkenstock sandals. Looking forward to getting her some Disney ones soon. She loves her 'black shoe shoes"

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

I live in flip flops, but in the cold months I prefer something like an athletic flat to a sneaker. Those might work for you since they're thinner and breathe easily. I've had pairs from Nike and Calvin Klein that I loved, and I just ordered these this morning.

Upvote 0

melflip8

Original Poster
I still prefer sneakers for when I'm exercising but the thing with Crocs is they support your feet even when you're standing still. That was what killed me every time. Walking is one thing but when you add in the time you spend in lines just standing around, moving very little, Crocs make a huge difference... or at least they did for us. :D

Yes, yes, yes! I get major calf and lower back pain normally now. So, either its the shoes, or I have to give into the fact that I am getting old. Mother of Black Pearl. :cool:

I am not Croc people. I wear my Reef flip flops every day at WDW.

My flip flops have started to really hurt my calves, I think I truck it too fast across the park!! haha My reefs will still me making the trip with me just in case!

I absolutely LOVE my Crocs! Over the years I expanded from me with one pair to everyone wearing them to everyone having 2-3 pairs to choose from on our trips. They are the only shoes and flip flops we bring on our Disney vacations! Plus they have so many styles to choose from now there's no reason to worry about being arrested by the fashion police.

Yeah, I bought 2 pairs that look more stylish that I have seen Crocs look before. I'd like to say that I don't care what I look like, or what I have on my feet...but I am a girl, and I do. Lol. To each his own though!

I live in flip flops, but in the cold months I prefer something like an athletic flat to a sneaker. Those might work for you since they're thinner and breathe easily. I've had pairs from Nike and Calvin Klein that I loved, and I just ordered these this morning.

Caaaauuuuutttee. Maybe that is the next step if these end up being...well, a Croc of... :p

Upvote 0

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Crocs all the way! Wear them all the time at home too (even though they are the Disney crocs with Mickey cutouts!). I even have the nicer loafer type that I can wear into work or out on the town as needed. Most comfortable shoes in the world for me. When I used to wear sneakers, my feet would ache at the end of every day in the world. Now with Crocs, I have not had a single sore foot since!!!

Upvote 0

flipadeeflop

I never loved the look of the clog crocs, but I also don't mind them much. I would buy a pair if I felt my shoes weren't adequate and if I knew those were the best things I could do for my feet. I actually DO like the mary jane versions of crocs, and would get them if I were getting a pair! Are those the ones you have, or did you get the ones that look more like ballet flats?
I definitely might be wrong about the following, but it sounds like most people who are against crocs are because of how they look. Right? Well, personally, at the end of the day are you going to be more upset that you are uncomfortable about how your footwear looks, or how your feet ache? Plus, they are relatively plain looking.
I don't know how comfortable they actually are since I've never worn them, though I have heard wonderful things about their comfort! I do, however, wonder how they are if they get wet...
I say: TO croc.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
How many Croc's fans do we have out there for skipping around the World?

I just bought 2 pair of fairly feminine ones, not the clogs...as my size 10 feet make me feel like I have to walk backward, flipper fins style in them, haha.

I cannot rock my sneakers in the summer as my feet feel too constrained, and flip flops as of late have been SUPER cramping my calves.

Are Crocs my only hope?

Instead of crocs - try these! http://www.oka-b.com/ they are WAY cuter then crocs! Amazingly comfy and when you need to wash - put them in the top shelf of your dishwasher!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom