To Croc or not to Croc?

redfive13

Ok, 37 days until the super hot August trip. Always trying to find comfy shoes to wear (hate flips, won't wear them), really on the fence about the Crocs. I consider myself a rather "on-trend" 39 year old Dad and I'm well aware that Crocs aren't really trendy in the least bit. But they look so dang comfy, breathable, waterproof, etc...

Can anyone talk me into these shoes? Are they really that comfy? Are they really that convenient?

YankeeMouse

Thanks for the tip on the Caymans. I have mostly Beach and Mary Janes.

By the way, to the questioning poster, I am female and my husband would not even try on Crocs, so more power to you as a guy if you do it.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

Crocs are seriously ugly and clownish looking, that being said they are the only shoes that do not give me blisters at Disney World, and the best ones are the horrible ugly caymans, the flip flop type can give you blisters between your toes. Whatever you do don't wear tennis shoes, running shoes or anything like that they have been horrible for me and every member of my family, when it rains, and it will rain, they not only cause blisters but make your whole foot almost raw., crocs you can dry off in seconds. My Dad is diabetic and they are the only shoes he can make it in without getting blisters.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

Yes - Croc!!

Yes! Do Croc! The people who talk about how ugly they are have no idea how many styles Crocs have now. You should definitely check out their website to see how many styles they carry now, even ones that look like Converse sneakers.

I discovered Crocs on our second family vacation. No back, knee or feet aches at the end of the day. On our third trip I bought them for everyone in my family. On our next trip we are each taking two pairs with us for our vacation in Sept. I did get blisters but I got those when I wore sneakers too. The Crocs were very comfortable, cooler and it didn't matter if they got wet.

I wear Crocs on a daily basis at home - flat, ballerina sling back style. I have them in black and brown. I plan on getting my son the Converse style as his new school shoes.

And finally I read an article about people wearing flat flip-flops or shoes that don't support to WDW and they come away with foot, ankle, shin and/or knee problems. The article went on to say that Crocs were a good shoe to wear for all the walking done at Disney. They only said what I already knew and I always suggest to people trying them because I'm such a fan.

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

Yes they're ugly but I will continue to wear mine and sacrifice fashion for comfort. They truly are amazing. We like to take long trips and in the past when I wore runners or any other type of shoe I'd get horrible blisters and my feet would hurt so bad I could hardly walk by the end of the trip. With crocs even when the rest of my body starts to ache from all the walking, my feet are always resilient. They've increased my enjoyment of Disney.

Upvote 0

righttrack

Switching at your mid-day break to crocs or something else, is very helpful. I start out in well-supporting running shoes, and go into a boat shoe and/or croc the 2nd half of the day.

Upvote 0

Goofy6294

I have a pair of caymans that I wear around the house, as well as a very good pair of New Balance running shoes. I do bring my crocs for trips to the pool or a short walk to the lobby/food court, but other than that I wear my running shoes. A few considerations:

First, if you wear crocs in the parks, your feet will get filthy. Maybe you're OK with that, but that's not my cup of tea.

Second, I think you need to consider your walking style. For instance, I place a lot of weight on my heels when I walk. If I were to wear my crocs for an entire day around my house, much less touring WDW, my back would be screaming.

Third, whatever decision you make, make it early enough so that you're bringing a broken-in pair of shoes to the parks and not a brand new pair. That's just asking for blisters.

Upvote 0

tink65

I wore tennis shoes for years and years to Disney and then bought some Clarks flip flops. I broke them in really well and took them to WDW with me that year. I brought my sneaks just in case but wore them one day to the park and never looked back. They have a good arch support and I was comfortable all day. I've since moved on to Birkenstock sandals and they are the best thing I've found for walking around all day. No hot sweaty feet, no blisters and no worn our feet and legs!!!! Love my Birkies!!!

Upvote 0

Txrayado

ok i just have to say if you do buy crocks this is my tip... get them in yellow, where a pillow under your white t-shirt and make a lil duck bill... you look like donald duck... dont care how comfy you say they are... i will keep to my running shoes, sperrys, or flip flops

Upvote 0

ILDisneyFan

DO NOT WEAR CROCS! They're ugly, out of style and they're not as comfortable as they look! Trust me. I usually wear Puma flip flops and they have to be the kind with the cloth that goes over your feet and in between your toe. I walked all day long in those last time we went and didn't get one blister and my feet didn't hurt at all. They're the most comfortable flip flops ever! Either that or wear running shoes. I for sure DO NOT think you should wear Crocs! Sorry!

Upvote 0

Lil.Sweet.Heart

If you've never worn crocs before for an extended period of time, like you would need to for walking around the parks then you better try it first. Otherwise, just stick to what you know is comfortable. Crocs are better for just around the resort if anything at all.

Upvote 0

xoJuicyyStarr71

I've worn crocs many times on trips, and i think they're very comfortable! When i'm walking around in the parks, I don't care if i look cute, I care about comfort. However, if you've never worn them before, I suggest wearing them a lot before you leave to break them in!

Upvote 0

forbidden donut

This is what I wear...

136650482.jpg

Very comfortable indeed!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I say wear the Crocks as well.

I personally began wearing them a few years ago. I can't wear todays sneakers. The arches in them cause me severe pain within minuets of wearing anything with an arch.

So I had purchased some walking shoes that were made for people with this kind of problem. By my second day in WDW, I was hobbling around. My ankle was so bad, I actually ended up in the hotel for a day just letting my feet recoup.

I bought the original Crocks, and it was a complete change. While I still had aches and pains, I could walk again, and my feet did not tire our from standing.

Since then I've bout two other types from them. A sandal type and a work shoe. I usually wear the sandal now in WDW, but I wear the work shoe everyday now. I use to have the same waling issue are work when I traveled (airports, to customers, etc), but since I got the work shoe model, no more pain.

They actually don't make either of them any more, but this one is the closest to the work shoe I have:

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-amaretto/10446,default,pd.html?cid=060&cgid=men-footwear-work

I've only had one issue with them, and it's the sandal I have. Since it is very well ventilated, I've found my feet drying out in the Florida sun and then my soles of my feet were cracking. I made sure I put on some Body Butter on my feet in the morning, and at night to keep my feet skin "hydrated", and the problem went away.

Good luck, having a feet problem is the worst at WDW. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

forbidden donut

I say wear the Crocks as well.

I personally began wearing them a few years ago. I can't wear todays sneakers. The arches in them cause me severe pain within minuets of wearing anything with an arch.

So I had purchased some walking shoes that were made for people with this kind of problem. By my second day in WDW, I was hobbling around. My ankle was so bad, I actually ended up in the hotel for a day just letting my feet recoup.

I bought the original Crocks, and it was a complete change. While I still had aches and pains, I could walk again, and my feet did not tire our from standing.

Since then I've bout two other types from them. A sandal type and a work shoe. I usually wear the sandal now in WDW, but I wear the work shoe everyday now. I use to have the same waling issue are work when I traveled (airports, to customers, etc), but since I got the work shoe model, no more pain.

They actually don't make either of them any more, but this one is the closest to the work shoe I have:

136663528.jpg

I wear these Crocs at work, they have really lessened the pain from my heal spurs.

Upvote 0

Lexi

I personally would never wear crocs..I am a reef flip flop girl all the way :D..but on a serious note there are actually quite a few hospitals in New York and nursing programs that have banned their employees from wearing crocs..doctors such as Bob Baravarian, MD, chief of foot and ankle surgery at Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center, have been quoted saying "..they are not made for marathon wear either...It's a good shoe for going to the beach, kicking around the house, going to the corner market, but they're not made to be worn at Disneyland all day long." (PS: I only know this information thanks to quite a few friends in nursing school.)

Upvote 0

marcriss

I had broken my toe (big one) a couple of years ago, three weeks before 10 days at Disney. I wore my sneakers on the plane that I had been wearing around at home with no problems. Between swelling from the flight and the first day walking around I was in agony. I bought a pair of the black mickey crocs and I was good to go. 9 days, tons of walking, broken toe and I was perfectly comfortable. I have to say that it was December so it was not hot, and I have virtually no arch. Factor those items in as you see fit. My suggestion is bring a comfortable pair of shoes and a pair of crocs (I have a nice pair of crocs sandals that I bring now). You can always switch off mid-day. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom