To ban or not to ban....

Kelsybelle

Do any of you have certain family members that you have banned from joining you on your trips to WDW?
We are starting to plan our trip and I'm faced with just this. To ban or not to ban...and it's a pretty heavy, touchy subject because the people I'm banning are my IL's. But let me jump in and say they are great people, super good to us, I'm close to them and love them, I just don't think they travel well. The trip we took with them in 2009 was as close to a disaster as a Disney trip could get (makes my heart hurt). We had flooding rains (not their fault), the stomach bug for our trip home (also not their fault) and such a FIGHT in the middle of the MK on our last night there (their fault) that a Cast member at a kiosk near the Dumbo ride who saw the whole thing, hugged me when I went behind it to cry. Their goal was to get on the Dumbo ride with my DD. The line was 45 min long, so my DH went to get something to drink, I sat down to relax and wait. I decided to call my sister (also a complete Disney nut) so she could hear the music all around me and update her on our trip. During the phone call my DD wanted me, my IL's had a break down, not knowing what to do. They were next on the ride, and they left the line. (Instead of one staying in the line with my DD and one coming to get me). My MIL came running over to me, put her finger in my face and was SCREAMING at me because I was on the phone. "Why were you on the phone, you spoke with your family yesterday"! My sister on the other end "What??" Me...."I called my sister". DD "I want to ride Dumbo"! Happy Husband walking up to us with an ear to ear Disney hazed grin which turned into a look of panic as my MIL continued to SCREAM at me saying the most insanely horrible things. I had to get up and walk away from her and that's when I shielded myself behind the kiosk. The rest of that night got worse, I got sick, my DD got sick, my DH got sick....we had to fly home the next morning. Niether of my Il's were speaking to me...or would even look at me for that matter. We were stuck in the airport for almost 10 hrs because of storms and delays from weather from Boston (home) all the way to Orlando...it was pure hell. Once we were home, and my DH was back to work by MIL called me scream at me some more, and then wouldn't talk to me for a little over a month...and even then it was really forced. Time has healed this ill fated trip, but it has never been discussed and not even a picture is taken out to reminisce with them. So here I'am starting to plan our trip. I think it should be just the 3 of us...
This post will self destruct in fear that said IL's should happen to see it...:eek:

Lucky

My MIL came running over to me, put her finger in my face and was SCREAMING at me because I was on the phone. "Why were you on the phone, you spoke with your family yesterday"! My sister on the other end "What??" Me...."I called my sister". DD "I want to ride Dumbo"! Happy Husband walking up to us with an ear to ear Disney hazed grin which turned into a look of panic as my MIL continued to SCREAM at me saying the most insanely horrible things. :eek:
I wouldn't ban her after that experience. I would take her up 400 feet on "Characters in Flight" at DTD and push her out.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Wow Kelsybelle, what a horrible experience. I don't think I'd talk to her again if that happened to me.

One year we road tripped down to the World and if we had gone straight down to Disney our stay would have overlapped my SIL's trip by like 4 days! And we would have had to have done something with them. So instead I planned our trip so we would go to St. Augustine, Cocoa Beach & NASA first and then arrived they day they left. My hubby wanted to avoid her too! I think I would rather undergo a surgery without any painkillers than spend my vacation time with the in-laws.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom