titanic

TheBig2er

I sure did, my September 11 remake, the only difference is I realize its stupid. Are you really that dumb that you can't realize that a ride about the death of 1500 people is not even something you think of let alone bring up? Real life Tragedy as a ride? That is stupid. And the fact you still havent realized it this far into the thread is ridiculous. Words can not describe your stupidity.

brich

TheBig2er said:
I sure did, my September 11 remake, the only difference is I realize its stupid. Are you really that dumb that you can't realize that a ride about the death of 1500 people is not even something you think of let alone bring up?
But you did.... :rolleyes:

TheBig2er said:
Real life Tragedy as a ride? That is stupid. And the fact you still havent realized it this far into the thread is ridiculous. Words can not describe your stupidity.
Nor your intelligence. Why continue to bash and incite. Drop it and move on with meaningful posts. Your degrading use of the words ridiculous, dumb and stupidity are nauseating... :D

TheBig2er

brich said:
But you did.... :rolleyes:

Nor your intelligence. Why continue to bash and incite. Drop it and move on with meaningful posts. Your degrading use of the words ridiculous, dumb and stupidity are nauseating... :D

And your brilliance in sticking up for the guy shows how great you are. Maybe you two should go back to breastfeeding because you obviously shouldn't be out putting knives and forks in your mouths by yourselves. Anyone who would defend a titanic ride idea is an even bigger tool that masonp.

lebeau

I remember when the movie was still in production. Many questioned the tastefulness of a romantic special effects epic based on a real-life tragic event. It didn't hurt the movie's box office appeal obviously, so I don't know that an attraction which is clearly based on a movie based on a tragic event would be all that controversial if it was done right.

The problem that I see is that there is no real way to do it right and even if you could there's virtually no chance a rival studio would allow it. Also, James Cameron has a relationship with Universal. So I suspect any attractions based on his movies would probably go there.

Gucci65

TheBig2er said:
I sure did, my September 11 remake, the only difference is I realize its stupid. Are you really that dumb that you can't realize that a ride about the death of 1500 people is not even something you think of let alone bring up? Real life Tragedy as a ride? That is stupid. And the fact you still havent realized it this far into the thread is ridiculous. Words can not describe your stupidity.

Uhhh, the 9/11 was my idea of another bad ride.

Dear TheBig2er try not to be so mean. You keep calling MasonP stupid, dumb, moron, etc. It's not very nice. There are better ways of trying to say you don't agree with someones ideas.

Oh and since your new too, Welcome to the boards!! :wave: (but be nice).

lebeau

TheBig2er said:
And your brilliance in sticking up for the guy shows how great you are. Maybe you two should go back to breastfeeding because you obviously shouldn't be out putting knives and forks in your mouths by yourselves. Anyone who would defend a titanic ride idea is an even bigger tool that masonp.

Big 2 - you're being awfully abrassive. You may want to tone it down a notch. We all got it that you don't like the idea. I see you're new here. If you keep attacking people so vehemently, you may find that people aren't too welcoming.

dizknee

hcswingfield said:
She likes you. She always says nice things about you!

I highly doubt it. I once met her and gave her a chocolate lollipop made of dentures. That is the equivalent of giving Michael Jackson a Chocolate nose.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
TheBig2er said:

Can I ask that you read the rules of posting here on WDWMAGIC http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51376
Your comments are not useful, and are not in the spirit of the community here.

slappy magoo

Gucci65 said:
My personal opinion that that there should NEVER be a ride in any amusement park where you get to re-live a horrible tradegy.

But doesn't the backstage tour at the Studios have a segment where they show off a special effects sequence from Pearl Harbor? And then they include volunteers to act as if they are in the movie and incorporate movie footage with footage of the volunteers flailing around like idiots?

On the one hand, masonp's suggestion is no more offensive than that Pearl Harbor sequence.

On the other hand, I find that Pearl Harbor sequence to be in poor taste as well.

Pagan

I don't know why anyone would be so shocked at this ride suggestion. It already IS a ride.

Go to any state fair in NY and you'll see the inflatable Titanic slide. Good, wholesome fun for all the kiddies as they climb up and hang on the bow railing before sliding down the deck!

All they need is a pool of ice water at the bottom to make it authentic. :rolleyes:

Aurora_25

lebeau said:
Big 2 - you're being awfully abrassive. You may want to tone it down a notch. We all got it that you don't like the idea. I see you're new here. If you keep attacking people so vehemently, you may find that people aren't too welcoming.

Well said- I quite agree :D

Honestly though, I don't think a ride for titanic is a great idea at all (I have studied the tragedy and know people that either we on the titanic or were supposed to be on it..)

Gucci65

slappy magoo said:
But doesn't the backstage tour at the Studios have a segment where they show off a special effects sequence from Pearl Harbor? And then they include volunteers to act as if they are in the movie and incorporate movie footage with footage of the volunteers flailing around like idiots?

On the one hand, masonp's suggestion is no more offensive than that Pearl Harbor sequence.

On the other hand, I find that Pearl Harbor sequence to be in poor taste as well.

Good point slappy. I hadn't thought about that one. When you consider the loss of life associated with Pearl Harbor then I agree it should have been left out. Maybe they should have done Independence Day instead :confused:

TheBig2er

wdwmagic said:
Can I ask that you read the rules of posting here on WDWMAGIC http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51376
Your comments are not useful, and are not in the spirit of the community here.

I am not new here, but i am seriously wonering if this place even has any worth. the fact that people on here actually support the titanic ride idea is ridiculous. And the fact that more people are attackign me than him is hilarious. You don't have to worry. I am deleting this website from my favourites after coming here and posting for years. its not my fault the site cant keep up the number of posts. If people are allowed to post about the deaths of thousands and the only people getting a spankign are the ones pointing how stupid it is thatn this site and the people on it are not worth my time.

Erika

slappy magoo said:

I think you're right on both counts. Fake disasters = fun and harmless. But I don't find anything fun about making jokes out of real life events where people lost their lives, especially such recent events where there are still survivors among us.

My grandfather sacrificed a lot (newlywed life, being present for the birth of his daughter, pro football contract) to join the Navy during WWII. I wonder what he'd think about the Pearl Harbor sequence.

masonp

Original Poster
firstly might i apologise for the idea in the first place i didnt know it would bring such angry remarks, i sincerely apologise. as i said we were talking about rides and different ideas kept popping up. you might want to view our other idea about a ride i posted before about the incredibles.
again sincere apologies if i have offended anybody...
sorry:)

Gucci65

Not one person supported the Titanic ride idea. We were nicely telling masonp why we thought it wouldn't work.

You went for his throat from the beginning. Chill out before you give yourself a headache. :lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
TheBig2er said:
I am not new here, but i am seriously wonering if this place even has any worth. the fact that people on here actually support the titanic ride idea is ridiculous. And the fact that more people are attackign me than him is hilarious. You don't have to worry. I am deleting this website from my favourites after coming here and posting for years. its not my fault the site cant keep up the number of posts. If people are allowed to post about the deaths of thousands and the only people getting a spankign are the ones pointing how stupid it is thatn this site and the people on it are not worth my time.

This forum has over 1 million posts, if you are going to brand the entire site worthless over a thread you dont agree with, I feel sorry for you, and good luck finding a site where every thread meets your approval. I suggest you grow up.

Shaman

TheBig2er said:

Posting for years? You've only been here from Feb. 05....unless you are a returning banned member...

Which would explain things then.

While I don't agree with a Titanic ride/attraction I think its highly disrespectful and rude to attack the poster in the manner in which you've done. So just chill and don't get so worked up.

lebeau

masonp said:
firstly might i apologise for the idea in the first place i didnt know it would bring such angry remarks, i sincerely apologise. as i said we were talking about rides and different ideas kept popping up. you might want to view our other idea about a ride i posted before about the incredibles.
again sincere apologies if i have offended anybody...
sorry:)

Absolutely no need to apologize.

You didn't do anything wrong.

dizknee

Masonp

You were not discriminatory to anybody, you were not vulgar, you were not a poohole by any stretch of the imaginiation. You had an opinion, an idea that you wanted to share. People may agree or disagree that does mean you need to apologize ... now go and edit your apology post and say "I do not apologize because I did nothing wrong."

Keep smiling and if you have other ideas share them. Maybe one day you will hit the idea jackpot :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom