titanic

masonp

Original Poster
diznee

many thanks for your words. i have had another idea and i have posted it,it is called incredibles if you want to look it up. i think it is a cracking idea. going to try and think up some more ideas tonight over a couple of beers with friends. as i posted earlier i dont not dis-respect anybody who has feelings about titanic, many of my relatives built the boat considering it was built were i am from:)

brich

TheBig2er said:
And your brilliance in sticking up for the guy shows how great you are. Maybe you two should go back to breastfeeding because you obviously shouldn't be out putting knives and forks in your mouths by yourselves. Anyone who would defend a titanic ride idea is an even bigger tool that masonp.
I'm not defending nor supporting either ride. I was simpy stating the obvious I guess. It appears your toughest when hiding behind an internet forum. No info about yourself listed other than "m". So flap on with your words. Your amusing and entertaining at best. Welcome to the boards. Glad you lasted as long as you did. I think we're all a bit sad to see you delete this GREAT site from your favorites. Then again, your mommy probably kicked you off her computer so you could go do your homework before you have to start delivering your newspapers... :D

Shame on me for even responding... :brick:

CoffeeJedi

Pagan said:
I don't know why anyone would be so shocked at this ride suggestion. It already IS a ride.

Go to any state fair in NY and you'll see the inflatable Titanic slide. Good, wholesome fun for all the kiddies as they climb up and hang on the bow railing before sliding down the deck!

All they need is a pool of ice water at the bottom to make it authentic. :rolleyes:
i was going to bring up this slide myself, its in horrible taste

well, this thread's imploded now, hasn't it

Halfling418

Yeah, a ride based on an actual event of a sinking ship would seem to mock the pain of everyone who was involved. I don't think movies based on tragedies do, however...rides are meant to entertain, for people to enjoy themselves, but movies don't need to be like that--I mean, you don't go watching Hotel Rawanda for a good time, do you?

Slipknot

TheBig2er said:
I am not new here, but i am seriously wonering if this place even has any worth. the fact that people on here actually support the titanic ride idea is ridiculous. And the fact that more people are attackign me than him is hilarious. You don't have to worry. I am deleting this website from my favourites after coming here and posting for years. its not my fault the site cant keep up the number of posts. If people are allowed to post about the deaths of thousands and the only people getting a spankign are the ones pointing how stupid it is thatn this site and the people on it are not worth my time.

In the words of Buzz Lightyear: You are a sad, strange little man.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. And I doubt that anyone will miss you at all. Bye :wave:

Erika

Halfling418 said:
Yeah, a ride based on an actual event of a sinking ship would seem to mock the pain of everyone who was involved. I don't think movies based on tragedies do, however...rides are meant to entertain, for people to enjoy themselves, but movies don't need to be like that--I mean, you don't go watching Hotel Rawanda for a good time, do you?

I agree- movies serve other purposes than to just entertain. :)

DreamerCM

Account Suspended
Aurora_25 said:
Well said- I quite agree :D

Honestly though, I don't think a ride for titanic is a great idea at all (I have studied the tragedy and know people that either we on the titanic or were supposed to be on it..)

I highly doubt that you "know people" who were on it or supposed to be on it. Considering there are only a handful of "survivors" left and they are all in their 90's (sank in 1912, do the math) I can't see how you'd know more than one of the very few left alive. You may know relatives of people who have ties to Titanic, as I do as well.

Erika

DreamerCM said:
I highly doubt that you "know people" who were on it or supposed to be on it. Considering there are only a handful of "survivors" left and they are all in their 90's (sank in 1912, do the math) I can't see how you'd know more than one of the very few left alive.

She said "or were supposed to be on it."

Either way- does it really matter?

It could have even been an innocent typo. She's a nice person and not known to tell lies :wave:

Its interly possible for Aurora_25 to know some body that was alive then lets see 2005
------
there are plenty of 93 year olds even if they were 2-4 they arent even 100 yet and the oldest person is like 128 or something

Aurora_25

DreamerCM said:
I highly doubt that you "know people" who were on it or supposed to be on it. Considering there are only a handful of "survivors" left and they are all in their 90's (sank in 1912, do the math) I can't see how you'd know more than one of the very few left alive. You may know relatives of people who have ties to Titanic, as I do as well.

First- you have no idea about me so don't make that sort of assumption- second- I know 2 people that were on the titanic and 1 person that was supposed to be on it, but ended up not going on it. And no, they are not relatives of the people- they are friends of my grandparents. Just because you don't believe me, doesn't mean it's not true.

brich

Now I'm curious... As of April 2005, there were only 3 survivors still alive.

Here is a clip from a post on a "Titanic" forum from April of this year. (If you can imagine...)
Only three actual survivors remain. The oldest is Lillian Gertrud Asplund who will be 99 years old if she lives to see her birthday in October. She is the only American survivor left and she is also the only survivor that actually remembers Titanic. She is in fragile health and under the care of a healthcare professional in her home just outside of Worcester, Massachusetts.

Barbara Joyce West Dainton will be 94 next month and lives near Plymouth, England. She was in such poor health a year ago that it was said she was on her deathbed but she apparently has improved and is still living. An intensely private person, she has rarely given Titanic any notice and has never given a genuine interview.

Elizabeth Gladys Millvina Dean turned 93 in February and you probably know all about her. She lives in the New Forest near Southampton, England and attended the British Titanic Convention this past weekend and reports were that she seemed to be doing well though she doesn't get around as well due to a broken hip a few years back.

:)
Given this and the fact that the 2 survivors appear to live a couple hundred kilometers apart, there is a legitimate reason why some may not believe you. Anyway, what was this thread about? :veryconfu

Aurora_25

brich said:
Now I'm curious... As of April 2005, there were only 3 survivors still alive.

Here is a clip from a post on a "Titanic" forum from April of this year. (If you can imagine...)
Only three actual survivors remain. The oldest is Lillian Gertrud Asplund who will be 99 years old if she lives to see her birthday in October. She is the only American survivor left and she is also the only survivor that actually remembers Titanic. She is in fragile health and under the care of a healthcare professional in her home just outside of Worcester, Massachusetts.

Barbara Joyce West Dainton will be 94 next month and lives near Plymouth, England. She was in such poor health a year ago that it was said she was on her deathbed but she apparently has improved and is still living. An intensely private person, she has rarely given Titanic any notice and has never given a genuine interview.

Elizabeth Gladys Millvina Dean turned 93 in February and you probably know all about her. She lives in the New Forest near Southampton, England and attended the British Titanic Convention this past weekend and reports were that she seemed to be doing well though she doesn't get around as well due to a broken hip a few years back.

:)
Given this and the fact that the 2 survivors appear to live a couple hundred kilometers apart, there is a legitimate reason why some may not believe you. Anyway, what was this thread about? :veryconfu

I understand that- but my grandparents have lived all over and have traveled alot. That is how I know these people. Actually one of the people I knew has died- so that was a typo- sorry. I know 1 person that is still alive that went on the titanic and one person who almost went on it (she is still alive and is 98 years old....)
I appologize for any confusion and I didn't mean to cause any problems

Dr.Seeker

No problem, it just seems unbelievable, but in a good way. I still don't think that Titanic should be a ride. It's the equivilent of having a World Trade Centre Ride-It's just tasteless and disresprectful to those involved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom