Tipping

momofoneson

Original Poster
We will be on the Dining Plan and it is my understanding that gratuity is done at your own discretion. Can I charge a tip as well as alcohol purchases on my "Disney Card" (not sure what it is called) so it is charged to my room or should I bring cash?

Mukta

This is one of the reasons that I love my Key to the World card. If you attach a credit card to it at check in, you can charge all purchases including tips and alcohol to it. Park tickets, hotel room key, dining credits and credit card all on one card. So convenient!

CleveRocks

You can also set up your room charge with a branded debit card, cash, travelers checks, Disney Dollars and Disney gift cards. It's not required that a credit card be used to set it up.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We will be on the Dining Plan and it is my understanding that gratuity is done at your own discretion. Can I charge a tip as well as alcohol purchases on my "Disney Card" (not sure what it is called) so it is charged to my room or should I bring cash?

I am assuming you are talking about your Key to the World. That is your room key that you can charge things to, and yes, you can put the drinkipoo purchases and tips on your Key to the World. You can also do cash, or travelers checks, or credit card, just to name a few.

sbkline

Just curious, if I link my key to the world card with my credit card, then will all of my purchases on the KTTW Card show up as seperate items on my credit card bill, or will it it just be one big charge that I make at the front desk at checkout?

Bluejay

Just curious, if I link my key to the world card with my credit card, then will all of my purchases on the KTTW Card show up as seperate items on my credit card bill, or will it it just be one big charge that I make at the front desk at checkout?

In my experience, its one big charge. I used it back in December for all my shopping and one big transaction posted a few days after checkout. HOWEVER, a concierge I spoke to at the Yacht Club mentioned that dining charges may show up individually for whatever reason. I was on the dinning plan and used cash for alcohol/gratuities so I can't vouch for that.

sbkline

You receive an itemized statement on the night before checkout, much like any other hotel.

I understand that, but my question was regarding whether the grand total of that itimized statement shows up on your credit card bill next month as one big charge, or if every single purchase shows up seperately on your credit card bill.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I understand that, but my question was regarding whether the grand total of that itimized statement shows up on your credit card bill next month as one big charge, or if every single purchase shows up seperately on your credit card bill.

For the most part you get just one big charge. Once or twice I had some random charges slip through but I don't really know why.

Mikester71

My wife or I usually go to the front desk at Pop every night or second night when returning from the parks at the end of the day and ask them for a print out of our room charges so that we can see what charges are on there and that way we can pay them off as we go with our traveller's cheques. We find it better to pay a couple of hundred off every day or two rather than wait until the end of our 10 day vacation and get one BIG bill. Nice not having to have it go on the credit card, period! :hammer:

Rob562

For the most part you get just one big charge. Once or twice I had some random charges slip through but I don't really know why.

Hmmm, I've never had random purchases show up.

As others have said, the charges will go through overnight before checkout morning as one large charge to your card.

Unless, of course, you don't hit the maximum charge limit before then. In that case, they'll push through the charges, and open up a new charge account. (This usually doesn't happen automatically. You have to either visit the desk, or call the resort and authorize them to do it)

I believe it shows up on your credit card statement as "Walt Disney Parks & Resorts", but it might show up as the name of the hotel.

They'll leave the itemized folio printout on/under your door on checkout morning. Each line-item will indicate which room key was used for that purchase, in case you need to divvy up who owes what. And as someone else said, you can visit the lobby concierge desk at any time and get a printout of your current account so you can pay it down as you go (or if you're with friends, they can pay down their share of the charges).

-Rob

. Each line-item will indicate which room key was used for that purchase, in case you need to divvy up who owes what. And as someone else said, you can visit the lobby concierge desk at any time and get a printout of your current account so you can pay it down as you go (or if you're with friends, they can pay down their share of the charges).

-Rob
NOW thats good to know

CleveRocks

As of December, they've been rolling out a brand new system at the resorts where it is a very easy process to set up multiple room charge accounts within the same room (that is, friends can each set up their own separate room charge even of they're staying in the same room) and to set up children or anyone else with a smaller room charge limit on their KTTW card.

Rob562

As of December, they've been rolling out a brand new system at the resorts where it is a very easy process to set up multiple room charge accounts within the same room (that is, friends can each set up their own separate room charge even of they're staying in the same room) and to set up children or anyone else with a smaller room charge limit on their KTTW card.

Good to know. I knew that there was talk of "enhancements" with the new front desk systems, but hadn't heard any specifics on it. We'll have to give it a whirl when we go down there in June.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom