tipping

piggy1116

Has anyone just returned from WDW? I have a question about the dining plan. Last year when we went to Le Ceiller they charged us $39.99 across the board. This year with the tip not included how are they doing this? There are 6 peolpe in our party, so we're trying to figure out how much we'll need. Thanks in advance for the help.

44 days until the magic

H20Babie

You can tip anyway you like, just like at home. You can leave cash, put it on a credit card, or if you have set up room charging privileges, use your key to the world (my preferred way, since you have to give it to your server anyway for the DDP).

Upvote 0

EmOhYouEssE

Since you have 6 in your party, you will be assessed an automatic 18% gratuity based on the amount of the food you order pre tax. (So if you order $100 worth of food, you will be charged $18)

You can choose to leave cash, put it on a credit card, or charge it to your KTTW card (if it has charging privileges). Actually, you could pay with Disney Dollars or a Disney Gift card as well. I've heard of some people loading up Disney Gift cards with cash to use specifically for tips so they could better keep track of what was going to tips daily without having to figure in other charges.

Hope that helps.

Em

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

When we went in June, the receipts included a tipping guide. I believe it was 15% and 18%. However, the tip was NOT included in your bill price. The amount you left was completely optional. You could use cash, credit/debit card, or room key charge. One suggestion - if you use cash, write CASH on the tip line of the receipt. It will save the server (and possibly you) a lot of embarassment and anger. One of our servers flipped out because we didn't include any info about the tip on our receipt when we handed him our room key card to charge the meal to our DDP.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

Since you have 6 in your party, you will be assessed an automatic 18% gratuity based on the amount of the food you order pre tax. (So if you order $100 worth of food, you will be charged $18)

You can choose to leave cash, put it on a credit card, or charge it to your KTTW card (if it has charging privileges). Actually, you could pay with Disney Dollars or a Disney Gift card as well. I've heard of some people loading up Disney Gift cards with cash to use specifically for tips so they could better keep track of what was going to tips daily without having to figure in other charges.

Hope that helps.

Em

That's a really good idea.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

If you are on the dining plan and in different rooms just let your server know ahead of time. They will automatically add the tip in w/groups of 6 or more. With our group, when we let them know ahead of time they also were willing to keep the checks according to the rooms, we paid for our meals & our tips. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

We were in Le Celier:slurp: 2 weeks ago. The bill for the 4 of us came to about $140 but we had the dining plan so it was included. We just gave our card and paid for the tip with cash. What you give depends on you and of course, the quality of service. That week we experienced awesome servers at every restaurant but one (Boma) so all of them were rewarded hansomly. At the bottom of the bill they give you a "suggested" tipping amount for 20% and 15%, I think. You can still give what you feel is necessary.

Upvote 0

bigedefd

How do you tip for Spirit of Aloha Luau? Those tix are $50 plus dollars a piece and with 5 of us that over $250 total. Sorry but unless I have an AMAZING wait staff there is no way I am leaving a $50 tip.

Upvote 0

bigedefd

Oh awesome! Please don't get me wrong I do not mind tipping and if I had an Awesome wait staff I would not have a problem with a $50 tip but I don't want to be required to because the tix are so expensive.

Upvote 0

Tink313

Yup we were there 2 weeks ago and all the reciepts have both tip prices for 18% and 20%. And every server asked me how I was going to pay the the tip. I think its kinda pushy now. The dinning plan was way better before it included the tip and if the server was good I would give another tip. Now its just annoying. Tipping is suppose to be optional but it doesnt feel like it. This will probably be the last time I do disney dinning.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Yup we were there 2 weeks ago and all the reciepts have both tip prices for 18% and 20%. And every server asked me how I was going to pay the the tip. I think its kinda pushy now. The dinning plan was way better before it included the tip and if the server was good I would give another tip. Now its just annoying. Tipping is suppose to be optional but it doesnt feel like it. This will probably be the last time I do disney dinning.

We had the same feeling! We had one waiter who just totally ruined it for us. Most of the wait staff was good..but the ones who are obsessed with the tip vs. focusing on the service are the ones who ruin it. Next trip we are going to skip the dining. We probably won't do as many sit downs either because the length of time we spent doing the dinners really cut into our park time. Some were on time, others took forever and a day.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

I agree with some of the above. We have not done the revised version of the dinning plan yet (no tip or app) but we will be in Nov. We where hesitant to sign up for it in the first place due to the changes. But we have always had great experiences prior so we said we would try it.

I agree with the tipping thing, it sound pushy, and I bet almost uncomfortable for most servers to have to ask, but I bet if they don't alot get shafted due to people unaware of it not being included. We always give the 20% and I am not sure how we will tip this time around. But I am thinking of just bringing extra cash and writing cash on receipt. We do this alot at home. My mom years ago used to be a waitress and I remember her telling us( 20 years ago or so) that the waitresses didn't get the tips from CC until the owners got paid from the banks. Not sure how true that was back then or I bet it has changed nowadays with everyone using debit cards and what not.

Upvote 0

Tink313

Ha tell me about I had a server at the yak and yeti give me what look like a scrap of paper and told me he did me the favor of personally hand writing our whole meal with the prices and added it up to help me see how he came up the amount for the tip. :eek:
"because other customer get confused" he said :veryconfu

Now I know what took so long for him to get my soda. Like the regular reciept wouldnt had been enough.

Does disney not pay them enough Because it looks really bad.

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

We had the same feeling! We had one waiter who just totally ruined it for us. Most of the wait staff was good..but the ones who are obsessed with the tip vs. focusing on the service are the ones who ruin it. Next trip we are going to skip the dining. We probably won't do as many sit downs either because the length of time we spent doing the dinners really cut into our park time. Some were on time, others took forever and a day.
I too had a server who kept reminding us the entire meal that gratuity was not included. Kinda takes away from the enjoyment of it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom