Tipping Mousekeeping - Is This Enough?

DisGal

As of right now I am planning on tipping mousekeeping $5 a day and a little extra ($10) on checkout day if the service was very good. Is this enough? Too much? How much do you typically tip each day?

Thanks!

wizards8507

My tip policy is based entirely on the quality of the service. I usually do $10 for a week for just regular service, but I'll go up to $20 for great service, or down to zero if it's crap (never happened at WDW).

Upvote 0

celticdog

I highly recommend tipping each day. Many times the staff changes during the week also, by doing that each day you get rewarded with little bonuses, like more soaps, shampoos, and very elaborate towel animals.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

My husband and I normally tip $5 a day for the two of us. I have $5 bills with the envelopes ready before the trip so we aren't scrounging around for bills in the morning.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

As of right now I am planning on tipping mousekeeping $5 a day and a little extra ($10) on checkout day if the service was very good. Is this enough? Too much? How much do you typically tip each day?

Thanks!

Do you think it is enough???

If I say no it isn't, will you tip more? If I say way too much will you tip less?

Upvote 0

Jarissa

Five is exactly what I tip anywhere, unless housekeeping did a lousy job or I have Witnessed A Bug Indoors. (The price of a loaf of bread down there is still around $3, I think? So five should cover that, a stick of cream cheese, and start on a jar of blackberry jam?)

Anybody who scrubs a toilet and a shower for three adults -- one with kinda long hair -- and takes out our trash, and vacuums around our luggage, and makes our beds and whatnot, deserves five bucks from me for taking some extra trouble: enough to cover a decent snack.

(I may be influenced by how much I loathe and despise scrubbing the rasserfrassin' toilet! At home, that's Dearly Beloved's Department.)

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

Thanks!

I tip $2 a day. I also preprint little envelopes that have a Disney character and mousekeeping on them so they know it is for them, and each day I write a note thanking them for something specific they did the day before (love sleeping in a freshly made bed, towel animal, etc.) and telling them how much fun we had the day before. I don't know if they care about the note at all, but I have had some exceptional window displays! :shrug:

Upvote 0

twoweirdos

i used to top about two bucks per day...each day(in case staff rotates,,etc).I HAVE lonngg HAIR... and we like extra towels.I always got extra shampoos..pens...toilet roll(IMPORTANT>>LOL)
now with the economy I think I need to up the ante to 5 a day

I so hope we get lucky and get a lil towel animal

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I also do $5/day and have the envelopes ready to put out one day at a time (because staff does change!) on a daily basis....didn't get any different towel animals or anything special out of it except the fact that somebody did an exceptional job of cleaning up our room - so that made it special in its own right!

Upvote 0

KaneMarko

A couple years back we stayed at POR and tipped at least $3 per day (sometimes more depending on what we had remaining in bills from the previous day). We figured it'd brighten someone's day to know that we were thinking about them and appreciated their hard work. In return we got a couple extra towel animals each day and a note saying thank you and wishing us a magical day. I'd strongly recommend tipping if your budget allows. $5/day and $10 on checkout day is a generous amount that I'm sure they will greatly appreciate. I can't say if it's too much or t0o less. I usually tell guest to tip what they can and feel comfortable with.

When I think about Mousekeeping I realize they have to have a tough job. The resorts are huge with tons of rooms. On top of the fact of the number of children visiting. They probably have to put up with stuff that housekeepers at your normal Hyatt Regency or Marriott don't have to put up with. So we try to keep that in mind and tip them at least a little something to show our appreciation.

Upvote 0

DisGal

Original Poster
I highly recommend tipping each day. Many times the staff changes during the week also, by doing that each day you get rewarded with little bonuses, like more soaps, shampoos, and very elaborate towel animals.

I used to leave a tip at the end of our vacation and I realized that someone may be missing that tip if a different person cleans the room each day. I just want to make sure we leave enough.

Upvote 0

DisGal

Original Poster
Turndown Serviceee

What about turndown service? We are staying at the GF and this happens each night. Should I leave a tip each morning for the room cleaning and another tip in the evening for turndown?

Upvote 0

norhel

A question from a Norwegian forum member.
Here in Norway it's not commond to tip, and I've heard somewhere that the tip you are giving to the cleaners should be placed on the bedside table. Am I right?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom