Tipping Mousekeeping - Is This Enough?

DisGal

As of right now I am planning on tipping mousekeeping $5 a day and a little extra ($10) on checkout day if the service was very good. Is this enough? Too much? How much do you typically tip each day?

Thanks!

wdwfan22

A question from a Norwegian forum member.
Here in Norway it's not commond to tip, and I've heard somewhere that the tip you are giving to the cleaners should be placed on the bedside table. Am I right?

You are correct, I would also add a note so that housekeeping knows it's for them.

Upvote 0

yensid67

You are correct, I would also add a note so that housekeeping knows it's for them.

Also, somewhere on a site(can't remember) they had downloads you can do to print Mousekeeping envelopes to place tips in. You can do this simply on most printers by printing an envelope with something that would get Mousekeepers attention! Something like...

"A PIECE OF CHEESE FOR THE BEST MOUSEKEEPER!"

Will

Upvote 0

Phonedave

When I do have housekeeping (most of the time I am in DVC) I tip on the order of $2 -$3 TOTAL per day.

There is really nothing to do it my room aside from make the bed and give the bathroom a quick once over. I am one of those annoying hotel people who unpacks their suitcase, puts everything away in drawers of the closet. Puts the suitcases in the back of the closet. Hangs up the towels. Throws out the trash, etc etc.

-dave

Upvote 0

lewisc

Disney (WDW-Orlando) doesn't classify housekeeping as a "tipped" position. Zero is enough. Guests that want to tip should tip daily, they may not have the same housekeeper each day.

Disney (WDW--Orlando) deviates from industry norm with respect to housekeepers. Waiters, bartenders, parking valets, bellhops are tipped positions. Stiffing those employees is expecting them to work for free.

edited to add Most of the CM who serve us don't make much more then minimum wage. Very few of us tip the CM who cleans the bathrooms in the parks or in the common areas of the hotel.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom