Timekeeper to Begin Seasonal Operation

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by Fievel
Yeah.....and I'm hopeful that the 20k lagoon and horizons will reopen any day now.

:lol: :lol: Are you really considering opening good attractions when you can open 20 more shops with that money? :rolleyes:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Seasonal Timekeeper

Isn`t January kind of quiet?? Hopfully it will reopen in the spring when tourists start to come again. I mean those once every few yeras foreign familys, like me!! I`m in the UK and can only afford to visit every few years. I don`t agree with closing a perfectly good attraction to save money (DCA anyone) but if it means the majority of people will get to see it thats better than nothing. I last visited in June 2001 and it was closed then - a fornight before July 4th! At least I saw it at DLP.....

General Grizz

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Yeah and that's what I thought about Alien Encouter and Horizons. And we all know how that turned out.

And Food Rocks. :zipit:

*sigh* If that shop remains open...*evil laugh* Heh...heh...heh...

:fork:

tazhughes

Grizz,
Does that mean it is till open on Sunday? I'm flying in tomorrow night and we had planned to do epcot and ak on Sunday but if I need to go to MK to get to see TK then I will. Just wondering if you know?

Scooter

This is indeed a sad thing...

..but the fact is, hardly anyone is visiting this attraction so why NOT close it ?

One of my favorite attractions in Disney World is Carrousel of Progress. I was SO glad it was open on my last trip in October.

But the fact is...there were only a handfull of people in the theatre when I was there...and throughtout the whole week I was at Disney World I noticed that the lines were short or non-existent to both COP AND Timekeeper.

The sad reality is this...these attractions aren't popular anymore . Just as Mt Toads Wild ride wasn't popular and got replaced by a VERY popluar Winnie The Pooh attraction, maybe we should face reality and just let them close these attractions to make way for something new and more updated.

I am NOT a big fan of "Seasonal" Attractions.
Either keep them open all year round or close them altogether.

While I would miss COP and Timekeeper terribly, apparantly I am in the minority of people who enjoy these attractions so I am willing to let them go to make room for something fresh and new.

Sometimes change is good. (the key word here is "sometimes"):animwink:

Zipadeedoodah

This really sucks! I don't have a good feeling about TK and CoP at ALL....I never was very fond of TK, but please..PLEASE don't close CoP. I LOVE that attraction! I was so excited to see it again at the end of Feb. No plans to close that soon is there? :(

Jon_in_NC

Originally posted by bhg469
i thought i was finally gonna get to see it, im going feb 4th its jsut not fair

I know what you mean. We're going down Feb 5th-8th and will now miss seeing this. Along with Alien Encounter now gone and Astro Orbiter being down for refurb, Tomorrowloand won't take too much time to visit this trip!

Ugh!

GaryT977

Originally posted by Scooter
But the fact is...there were only a handfull of people in the theatre when I was there...and throughtout the whole week I was at Disney World I noticed that the lines were short or non-existent to both COP AND Timekeeper.

I was there in December also, and although the park itself was packed, these two attractions were pretty much empty.

My only complaint is that since TK was already a seasonal attraction, and they knew it didn't draw crowds, why didn't they replace TK with something that WILL draw crowds BEFORE they killed Alien Encounter? At least AE was still drawing a decent crowd.

mickey04

But even if these two attractions were empty, what's the point in closing them until you've got something new to put in? In the mean time, why not just keep people happy and not just close them up forever? When people see closed rides, not used for anything and not being replaced, in a park that they paid 50+ dollars to come to and are spending hundreds a night for hotel rooms to come see, its common courtesy to give them whatever you can. Closing things seasonally to save a little money is completely unacceptable and even more proof that Disney's brass (*cough cough Eisner) have no idea what Disney is all about.

netenyahoo

Originally posted by Jon_in_NC
I know what you mean. We're going down Feb 5th-8th and will now miss seeing this. Along with Alien Encounter now gone and Astro Orbiter being down for refurb, Tomorrowloand won't take too much time to visit this trip!

Ugh!

Wouldn't it be smart to keep TK open until after Astro Orbiter's refurb?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by netenyahoo
Wouldn't it be smart to keep TK open until after Astro Orbiter's refurb?

It will prob. reopen then. They may close it for a few days and then reopen it when Astro Orbitor closes.

General Grizz

I know I wouldn't visit the Magic Kingdom with all of these attractions down + increased admission from last year + shortened hours.

As for Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress, reports from yesterday say that even during this "off-season" week, the attraction has done tremendously well in attendance.

I will contact some Cast Members to see what Timekeeper's attendance figures are.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by GaryT977
My only complaint is that since TK was already a seasonal attraction, and they knew it didn't draw crowds, why didn't they replace TK with something that WILL draw crowds BEFORE they killed Alien Encounter? At least AE was still drawing a decent crowd.

That would've been nice wouldn't it? :lol:

bartman454

I am definitely in the agreement that we should not be having attractions that are "seasonal" hopefully enough guest complaints will get disney off this bandwagon. As for TK and COP they are both going to remain open until stitch comes up. As for the reasoning why TK always closes early i have heard from a relatively reliable source that its because TK is very high maintenance and isnt pulling in the crowds that it had hoped to hence its being open only during rush hour time at the park. As for who comes back up when astro orbiters goes down my money is on COP.

COP may not be packing them in but i know they are getting better capacity than TK and is easier to run. Dont expect too many sad faces when they take away TK but if Disney is dumb enough to take away COP they'll be getting letters just like the Lincoln show out at Disneyland.

Personally i think TK gets a bit too much crud thrown at them. I always liked it especially the line "And now the pants are full"

Could never believe they got away with that:sohappy:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Rob, will you keep us posted on when it IS in fact open? I will be there (as you know) March 7-12 and I was hoping I could show my first timers going with me TK and Cop.

GaryT977

IMHO - The problem with TK is the queue. Most guests don't seem to want to sit still for 20 minutes in that hallway. Unlike, say, Haunted Mansion or Pirates, the wait might be more than 20 minutes, but you're always moving. I can't tell you how many times when I was waiting in line for TK that people would come in, sit or stand around for a couple of minutes, and turn around and leave. And there's nothing more depressing than being in that theater with 20 other people and being the only one laughing at the Suzanne Somers joke.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Though i'm not the biggest fan of TK, it is still saddening to see it back down on seasonal status. I can't believe they would even do it (well, knowing Eisner, I actually can believe this). I hope they close that store as well. Hopefully the Carousel of Progress will keep going, from what i've seen and heard attendance looks strong.

BTW, when Astro Orbiter goes down for rehab, the only rides open in Tomorrowland will be Buzz, Space Mt., CoP, the TTA, and the Speedway. Now our Tomorrowland is starting to become another DL Tomorrowland........

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
That means when I'm down there in March I'll have to ride TTA about 73 times to make up for the time I would have usually spent doing the other things that are usually open in Tomorrowland. Not that I mind. TTA is one of my favs. I just wish I could go on TK one more time. We'll just have to cross our fingers that "seasonal" means ALL of the Spring season.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by GaryT977
IMHO - The problem with TK is the queue. Most guests don't seem to want to sit still for 20 minutes in that hallway. Unlike, say, Haunted Mansion or Pirates, the wait might be more than 20 minutes, but you're always moving. I can't tell you how many times when I was waiting in line for TK that people would come in, sit or stand around for a couple of minutes, and turn around and leave. And there's nothing more depressing than being in that theater with 20 other people and being the only one laughing at the Suzanne Somers joke.

But what can you put in the queue to keep it moving. It's a movie. You just have to wait for one to end before another one begins. There is a clock outside the theater that tells you when the next show is starting. If people don't want to wait in the hallway. they can come back when it is closer to showtime.

Abercrombie Kid

It's so sad to see this attraction goin back to seasonal operation. but their just wasn't enough people interested in going on the attraction to justify opertating costs. I really didn't like TK, no one in my family does, so for us we would rather see another more interesting attraction put into it. I suspect that they will probaly put in some kind of attraction in TK, as long as it's not little green men bumber cars. I suspect that they will keep the shop open becasue that merendise needs someplace to go. On a whole the American audience is not really as patient as the Europeans and movie attractions arn't that great unless they take you completely into the story. Timekeeper is dead in it's current form, but i could imagine TK could become an E-Ticket with an Indy Jones style ride that uses screen, special effects, motion, and animotronic technologies to take you on a jouney through time. This could fit well in the speedway area and become the SE: Time Racers project in the MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom