Timekeeper to Begin Seasonal Operation

GaryT977

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
But what can you put in the queue to keep it moving. It's a movie. You just have to wait for one to end before another one begins. /B]

That was the point. It's just a flaw in the design of the attraction. No one seems to want to stand in a hallway for 20 minutes to wait for a movie at a theme park. When they leave the queue, they don't come back.

General Grizz

It's a shame because Timekeeper is one of the most entertaining and inspiring shows in the Magic Kingdom.

I do not want it to be replaced with any pre-existing Disney characters. I will hurl if they pull another one of these.

If they replace Timekeeper, which they should if necessary, install handheld remote swivel chairs (YES, DISNEY, PAY FOR AN IMPROVEMENT). . . and create original songs and characters that the whole family can relate to. Then set it off with a bang.

Who knows. Perhaps create a 360 3-D film. With animatronics. Involve the roof. Special effects.

You get the idea.

Keep it fitting.

Matterbuggy

Wow.. this dissapoints me.

I haven't been keeping up on WDW, since two years, when I went to the first time. I'm 13 now, and decided to keep up with it, just for fun. I know I won't be going there for quite a while, but why not.

Now I hear that AE and the Timekeeper have been closed. To tell you the truth, it dissapoints me. I know they have to make money, and all that good stuff.. but isn't there something they can do? I just don't know..

Ah well.. anyway.. I hope to be a great member at the forum.

General Grizz

Welcome to the boards, Matt.

Alien Encounter is down to add Stitch. . . and yeah, sad that that whole entrance to Tomorrowland will be a little inactive for a while.

mickeysaver

I am very sad to hear this. I caught this for the first time back in December and it was awesome. I think it's better than quite a few of the rides that it operates year round. Maggie

NemoRocks78

Seized
Originally posted by Abercrombie Kid
I suspect that they will keep the shop open becasue that merendise needs someplace to go.

It's all of the HOTTIE merchandise. There's somewhere for it to go---IN THE TRASH. It's not necessary at a Disney theme park at all. Neither is an arcade. The TL Light and Power Co. needs to go as well. (sorry, just caught myself a little off-topic there:rolleyes: )

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by NemoRocks78
It's all of the HOTTIE merchandise. There's somewhere for it to go---IN THE TRASH. It's not necessary at a Disney theme park at all. Neither is an arcade. The TL Light and Power Co. needs to go as well. (sorry, just caught myself a little off-topic there:rolleyes: )
Or at least keep the arcades where they are more fitting i.e. Pizza Planet.

If they wanted an arcade in MK why not put it in Toon Town Fair? Doesn't it make more sense there? Oh well. Tomorrowland is home to Buzz Lightyear, so I guess that if they can have an entire attraction dedicated to being inside a video game, then they feel an arcade fits also.

Just my $0.02

Matterbuggy

Originally posted by General Grizz
Welcome to the boards, Matt.

Alien Encounter is down to add Stitch. . . and yeah, sad that that whole entrance to Tomorrowland will be a little inactive for a while.

Thanks!

Alright, that makes more sense. I couldn't understand why they would take down AE, as it seemed to be pretty popular when I went.

As for the arcades, do you actually go to WDW to play arcade games? My guess is.. no. You go for the rides, and the excitement. Not to shop.

Scooter

Originally posted by Matterbuggy
Thanks!

As for the arcades, do you actually go to WDW to play arcade games? My guess is.. no. You go for the rides, and the excitement. Not to shop.

I think my wife goes to shop :brick: :(

raven

Originally posted by Abercrombie Kid
...so for us we would rather see another more interesting attraction put into it...

Oh you just might soon enough. I've heard several whispers from a few... um...."Disney" people :lookaroun as to what's going in there but I'm not saying a word yet. :zipit:

hlk195

I was just wondering what exactly is meant by "seasonal" operation. Do they just open the attraction during busy days, or are there specific times of the year when the attraction is open. I am going to WDW in May and really wanted to see Timekeeper and was hoping it would be open (I've never seen it before). Thanks!

- Heidi

Matterbuggy

Originally posted by hlk195
I was just wondering what exactly is meant by "seasonal" operation. Do they just open the attraction during busy days, or are there specific times of the year when the attraction is open. I am going to WDW in May and really wanted to see Timekeeper and was hoping it would be open (I've never seen it before). Thanks!

- Heidi

I believe it is when rides will only be available during periods of
anticipated peak attendance.

Sean23

I went to see the Timekeeper on saturday not knowing is was going to be closed Sunday. The place was about 90% full for the show I saw.

MicBat

Last time I was in TK, it was about noon on a saturday afternoon, MLK Weekend and there were about 10 other people in there. Problem is, with the shop, most people dont know it's even an attraction. For a second, I thought the place was closed. The year on his time machine was wrong, also. I guess he hadn't seen the light of day since 2000 AD or so. COP, on the other hand, always has had quite a few guests when I've been in it.

Expo_Seeker40

Almost two weeks left before I go! I have to agree with you all. Tomorrowland is starting to become the attractionless area at the Magic Kingdom. So I'm going President's Day Week. Woooo Crowds! So will the TK and COP both be open or just COP?

It's surprising that the former Wedway Peoplemover, a remnant of what was planned for Progress City, has changed little. Sure it has a new name from the new Tomorrowland. It of course has gone through new narration, and a new color scheme, but in the back area near Space Mountain, the facade has still remains the same. A legacy from the old Tomorrowland, like the lamposts, flower displays, and COP Pavilion. That's all I can think of.

Though now is not the time, the COP needs a bigger area. It needs to go through replicated scenes or restored scenes of 1900, 1920, 1940, and 1960. Then when 1980 comes that would be right to add the "now is the time" song, but leave the rest for "gbbt" then we would have 2000. The whole 20th century completed, and then an extra act called 'tomorrow" which would be the only thing that would update. It's a walt disney ride made and done under his supervision, and is a nostaligic world's fair ride. If 'they' take that out and send it off to yesterland in the sky, they will surely regret it.

Ok this kinda went off topic, but of course just my two cents.:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom