Timekeeper replacement - Laugh Floor Comedy Club - name confirmed

tirian

Shaman said:
I've been warned not to listen to the internet rumors regarding this attraction...that and the fact that the security is so tight around all this... makes me wonder about what WDI has up their sleeve. Should be cool. TK needed to be replaced...my only qualm is that another animated film invades Tomorrowland. But hey it's MK.

The Laugh Floor isn't an Internet rumor. It's a confirmed fact. As for the night club setting, that was completely my own supposition. Just the same, I'm sure that WDI will find a way to integrate it! :)

littledebbie said:
Tomorrowland is slowly becoming Sciencefictionland.

Technically, it's been that way since the 1994 refurb. It is, however, starting to feature more film-based attractions. Nothing's really wrong with that; there's still a balance of movie-based and original rides.

tirian

MissM said:

Now you have to make sure that everything you ever post for the rest of your life is 100% true AND is actually built, or else the trolls are going to jump you and tear you apart!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good job, MissM.

MiklCraw4d

wdwmagic said:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/monstersinc_timekeeper.htmOpening early 2007, and confirmed as Monsters Inc storyline.

Wow... so what the &%@! is this supposed to be, anyway? A live show? A film? An animatronic revue?

Will guests stand? Sit?

What in the world is this going to be...

And yeah, I'll echo all the gripes about the themeing. It just doesn't work for me. They'll have to reaaaaaaaally stretch to tie it into Tomorrowland, if they can at all. I'd love for it to fit but... I just don't see it. And walking into the land to see a Monsters-Buzz-Stitch triumvirate makes me long for them to dig a little deeper into their vaults for ride concepts... at least pre-1995.

I'll admit that I'm a total nerd for good theming. A purist, even. Maybe if this is just a simple show with little 'permanent' installation it'll just serve as a placeholder until they come up with something a bit more apropos.

I wonder when more information will be released. Isn't it odd how they've kept this buttoned up tighter than any other new attraction in recent history?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
We will neither stand nor sit - we shall LEAN!!

In the great tradition of that big circular room, we shall comfortably lean for all eternity ;)

tirian

MiklCraw4d said:
I wonder when more information will be released. Isn't it odd how they've kept this buttoned up tighter than any other new attraction in recent history?

You said it! No one--absolutely no one--is allowed in there without serious credentials. Other attraction are like that, too; but the passes seem to be distributed more freely for other ones. For example, I know people who have project team passes for PotC just because they had to go in there one time. Now they have unlimited access. The Laugh Floor is practically airtight.

MiklCraw4d

tirian said:
Technically, it's been that way since the 1994 refurb. It is, however, starting to feature more film-based attractions. Nothing's really wrong with that; there's still a balance of movie-based and original rides.
I loved the '94 rehab, though. It flowed *so* nicely. Well, at least until you reached the place where the budget ran out due to the AE fiasco. Even though it was a departure from science-fact to science-fiction, I thought the Flash Gordonesque future was a great overall theme much like the Verne Discoveryland was in Paris. Sadly, both of those themes have wasted away in recent years...

I would love for each TL in each park to have a different unifying theme. Verne/Welles steampunk in Paris, Flash Gordon in Orlando, traditional 1960's space race/googie in Anaheim, and maybe something crazy and Blade Runnery in Tokyo.

I just love sci-fi and it seems that for 50 years Tomorrowland has always gotten the shaft. There's so much great material and concepts to draw from, I don't see why they'd pick something like Monster's Inc.

Of course... if I'm wrong and they make something awesome... well, I'll be thrilled.

michael

MiklCraw4d

mousermerf said:
We will neither stand nor sit - we shall LEAN!!

In the great tradition of that big circular room, we shall comfortably lean for all eternity ;)

But now that Timekeeper has retired, did they keep his patent for the lean rails? :)

Will they be designed to support my weight? And what about Scarecrow's brain?

tirian

Each TL is very different. Tokyo's is still very much the stark-white space race theme, since it fits nicely with the Japanese aesthetic. I like it, but I prefer the look of the MK's TL. DL's used to look like a trash dump on Mars, but they've gotten the white back. Now it looks like a 70's disco suit. DLP's Discoveryland looks like an 1800s view of the future; it looks great, but it has the old AA Lion King show in it. Why? Who knows? Hong Kong's TL looks kind of like Blade Runner, but it's tiny.

All the TLs are very, very different. :lol:

MiklCraw4d

tirian said:
You said it! No one--absolutely no one--is allowed in there without serious credentials. Other attraction are like that, too; but the passes seem to be distributed more freely for other ones. For example, I know people who have project team passes for PotC just because they had to go in there one time. Now they have unlimited access. The Laugh Floor is practically airtight.

Which begs the question.. just what in the world are they up to? I can't imagine having secrecy greater than Everest, Midway Madness, POTC, or the DL subs if it's just going to be Doug Live Redux. They must have something kooky up their sleeves... oh those wacky Imagineers...

wdwishes2005

Pooh For Presid said:
That is what I love about this site, is to have these small pieces of knowledge, I just wish there would be fewer haters who doubt everyone and dont like anything. I wish they would find a more morose web site to complain on.
I don't see the abominable sin in not liking a cartoon having nothing to do with the future or space going into a land themed to that. Is it alright to not like something? Honestly, some people act like because someone doesn't like a few things all he/she can do is complain. IMHO MI does not and never will belong in TL. I said it. Please don't burn me at the stake....

imagineer boy

wdwishes2005 said:
I don't see the abominable sin in not liking a cartoon having nothing to do with the future or space going into a land themed to that. Is it alright to not like something? Honestly, some people act like because someone doesn't like a few things all he/she can do is complain. IMHO MI does not and never will belong in TL. I said it. Please don't burn me at the stake....

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

CaptainMichael

wdwishes2005 said:

You really should give it a chance. Have someone blind fold you and bring you inside the attraction. Don't think about it being in Tomorrowland, just try to enjoy it.

wdwishes2005

Let me clarify something that Str8 made me think about. I am NOT bashing the attraction. I think the attraction seperate from bad placement has potential. I am a TL purist, and I do not want to see the theming ruined for the sake of a good ride.

ISTCrew20

I don't know now. Upon first hearing the rumor, I was saying the same thing, "Monsters Inc... In Tomorrowland?" But, this nightclub thing may work. Since Tomorrowland is themed as a futuristic city, I can just imagine a kind of seedy nightclub in the corner of Tomorrowland.

I'm really hoping it's an animatronic show. Whatever it is, it's going to be something new. I can only hope for many in-jokes and many hidden details the Imagineers are famous for (but have been missing in the past few attractions).

Who knows. One of the doors in Monstropolis could lead to an alien planet. Who ever said Monstropolis was on Earth anyway?

And I was just wondering, how does Nemo fit into Disneyland's Tomorrowland? I don't hear anybody complaining about that.

GymLeaderPhil

ISTCrew20 said:
And I was just wondering, how does Nemo fit into Disneyland's Tomorrowland? I don't hear anybody complaining about that.
I think at this point any decent addition to Tommorowland at Disneyland, regardless of it's theme, would satisify the fanatics. The 1998 retheming in Anaheim was dead on arrival versus what we had initially.

wdwishes2005

ISTCrew20 said:
I actually never thought about that. I haven't been back to DLR since 95.... I don't think nemo is a good fit either, although I never did see the subs as being futuristic.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom