Time to stop all this "Eisner is cheap" crap!

imagineer99

Originally posted by jodez21
i just have a question on this.. didnt the angels win the penant a few years back,

They won the World Series Two years ago.

Despite this, their performance up to this point was quite lackluster. The success of one season does make up for all losses.

jodez21

Originally posted by imagineer99

Despite this, their performance up to this point was quite lackluster. The success of one season does make up for all losses.

alright dude. thanks for clearin that up for me!

SpongeScott

Originally posted by imagineer99

Sports franchises don't necessarily turn tidy profits anymore, which is why they all are owned by conglomerates. Hence, the Angels and Mighty Ducks were really albatrosses around Disney's neck, so they get sold.

Hey, about a good, old-fashioned Frostie? :slurp: In the bottle, of course.

SpongeScott

drift ( P ) Pronunciation Key (drft)
v. drift·ed, drift·ing, drifts
v. intr.
To be carried along by currents of air or water: a balloon drifting eastward; as the wreckage drifted toward shore.
To proceed or move unhurriedly and smoothly: drifting among the party guests.
To move leisurely or sporadically from place to place, especially without purpose or regular employment: a day laborer, drifting from town to town.

To wander from a set course or point of attention; stray.
To vary from or oscillate randomly about a fixed setting, position, or mode of operation.
To be piled up in banks or heaps by the force of a current: snow drifting to five feet.

KevinPage

Oy vey, Rob is off his medication again.

And what is the actual different between Root & Birch beer?

My favorite Root Beer is "Virgils", all natural, no corn syrup. Too bad it costs $6 for a 4 pack at Target (those thieves)

But Trader Joe's it's only $3.49. I need a Trader Joe's here in Florida :mad:

I'm sure Eisner is behind the price increase of this fine product at Target. Add it to the list Roy!!!!!!

Brian_B

On Eisner

I am of the mind that nothing is black and white in the real world. We watch movies and read comic books and the like in order to make life simple, at least for 2 + hours. In real life however, there is no ultimate "good" or "bad".

My mother has been a Disney Stockholder since the 70s, and thanks to her involvement with the company she imparted to me information regarding eisner.

Did you know that before Eisner took over, you couldn't get Disney films on tape? There also was no such thing as the Disney Store. Like it or not, the man did a lot of good for the company over the years. He contributed a lot, and heralded the company during it's "renaissance" during the mid 80s to the mid 90s.

Of course, he's also recently responsible for budget cutbacks and other bad things. There's no reason to hate him though; he's done far too many good things that we all tend to completely overlook. To me, he seems sort of worn out, spent, tired. Maybe he'll just retire and let someone young and imaginative take over.

-Brian

lebernadin

Originally posted by jodez21
i just have a question on this.. didnt the angels win the penant a few years back, and didnt the ducks just go all the way to the stanely cup finals last year? im not sure (dont get me wrong im not tryin to put u down or nething) but wouldnt this boost sales of tickets, products, ect, therefore making money, therefore being a success?

Unfortunately championships don't translate to instant $$$ or even an increased fan-base. The Marlins are the best example i can think of. Here you have a team that has won the world series twice since 1997, and no one goes to their games. Take a look at their season ticket sales to date, horrid for a franchise that just won the World Series 4 months ago.

The Angels are a much better team, on paper, this year than they were in their glory a few years back when the rally monkey was born. Whereas Detroit has threatened breaking records as the worst franchise over the past 2 seasons, and yet they set records for daily sales this week after I Rod was signed.

KevinPage

>>Of course, he's also recently responsible for budget cutbacks and other bad things. There's no reason to hate him though; he's done far too many good things that we all tend to completely overlook. To me, he seems sort of worn out, spent, tired. Maybe he'll just retire and let someone young and imaginative take over.<<

Brian,

I think that is basically how most of us feel. HATE is a strong word and I don't think anyone wishes death upon him. Just that Disney is a STRONG passion for people here, so it gets volitale sometimes.

And no one has sympathy for a multi millionaire who is mis-using something that is near and dear to people's heart.

Eisner's time has come, he had a good run and is way past his prime. Same thing in sports, once a star player stinks, he will eventually get BOOED if he doesn't know when to quit.

imagineer99

Originally posted by lebernadin
Unfortunately championships don't translate to instant $$$ or even an increased fan-base. The Marlins are the best example i can think of. Here you have a team that has won the world series twice since 1997, and no one goes to their games. Take a look at their season ticket sales to date, horrid for a franchise that just won the World Series 4 months ago.

The Angels are a much better team, on paper, this year than they were in their glory a few years back when the rally monkey was born. Whereas Detroit has threatened breaking records as the worst franchise over the past 2 seasons, and yet they set records for daily sales this week after I Rod was signed.

The area in which a team is located is another major factor that determines Success. Florida is really not that big of a baseball market. However, people in the North Atlantic region of the U.S, have baseball ingrained in them upon birth. The Tigers may stink, but they still have a loyal following.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by KevinPage
My favorite Root Beer is "Virgils", all natural, no corn syrup. Too bad it costs $6 for a 4 pack at Target (those thieves)

I'm sure Eisner is behind the price increase of this fine product at Target. Add it to the list Roy!!!!!!
Thieves???? Hey, we sell only the finest in quality at Target, therefore you should expect to pay a little more for the best! :animwink:

Let's leave Eisner and Roy out of Target--we have enough issues with the "W" store down the street. :)

IBC, anyone?

no2apprentice

Why not throw caution to the wind and go all the way?

ROOT BEER FLOATS!

Actually, what I prefer over a good root beer, is a good sasparilla. Very hard to find in my area.

KevinPage

Anytime I get IBC at a resturaunt and they bring it in the chilled bottle, it always fails to live up to expectations.

Call me a Virgil's Root Beet snob I guess.

OK, so what techincally is the difference between:

Root Beer
Birch Beer
Saspirilla

As per Jean Shepard in Carosuel of Progress, Saspirilla is not called Root Beer, so I assumed they were the same or almost the same thing :slurp:

As for Root Beer floats, don't even get me started on my "Mixing of the sugars" theory. It pains me to see my wife eat cake/cookies with soda. Use milk for crying out loud. SODA? Too much of a clash of sugars and should not be done!!!!!!

SpongeScott

Originally posted by KevinPage
Anytime I get IBC at a resturaunt and they bring it in the chilled bottle, it always fails to live up to expectations.

Call me a Virgil's Root Beet snob I guess.

OK, so what techincally is the difference between:

Root Beer
Birch Beer
Saspirilla

As per Jean Shepard in Carosuel of Progress, Saspirilla is not called Root Beer, so I assumed they were the same or almost the same thing :slurp:

As for Root Beer floats, don't even get me started on my "Mixing of the sugars" theory. It pains me to see my wife eat cake/cookies with soda. Use milk for crying out loud. SODA? Too much of a clash of sugars and should not be done!!!!!!
You see Kevin, you are now desecrating sacred grounds with the bashing of root beer floats. Nothing, yea I say nothing, is much better than a root beer float, though one can ruin it with the wrong kind of ice cream.

The difference between the three? I've always thought root beer and sasparilla were one in the same, just called by different names. I've never heard of birch beer before.

As for Virgil's, I'll have to break down and use my 10% discount and try some out. I'll report back to you later on that.

KevinPage

Yeah, definitely try Virgils, even the packaging is cool. Maybe one day they will have the Disney Channel Circle of Stars sing a song for them in a commercial :brick:

barnum42

Silence

The sound of faint footsteps can be heard running in the distance.

They get steadily louder and louder until the runner stops and can be heard to utter the following:

”What’s the difference between Michael Eisner and a bucket of horse crap?”

“The Bucket”

The footsteps can be heard fading back into the distance. Mingled with the sound of giggling.

no2apprentice

Originally posted by SpongeScott
The difference between the three? I've always thought root beer and sasparilla were one in the same, just called by different names. I've never heard of birch beer before.
I may be way off on this, but my understanding is that it depends on which root or tree is used for the unique flavor. Sasparilla comes from the sasparilla root, birch beer comes from the birch tree bark (or something like that), and root beer comes from...the beer root? Just kidding, originally what gave marketed root beer it's unique flavor was sassafras root. But over the years, different combinations of root extracts, barks, herbs, etc., have been used in different brands, all trying to find the best flavor that would sell well. Some brands of root beer do have sasparilla or birch, or both, in the ingredients, but their flavor is very subdued.

I fell in love with sasparilla when, as a kid, my family would go to Knott's Berry Farm and Ghost Town in Buena Park, CA. They sold sasparilla in the "saloon" in the Ghost Town (this is LONG before all the more modern and updated rides were added to the park).

Yep, (hitches up pants in a manly way), nuthin' like sippin' a cold one with some of the boys, after a hard day on the range (wipes sasparilla foam from upper lip).:slurp:

Tim G

Originally posted by mkt --
Rob, Racing has become impossible on World Drive...

Attachments

• speed.jpg
    speed.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 109

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom