Time Racer Coming

SirNim

Originally posted by Testtrack321
:)

Just invest on improving the omni-mover system, add TONS of more AAs, improve the sound, put new special effects in, and presto, I'm happy. Grizzy is happy. We're all happy!

<--Would be happy too... :D

General Grizz

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Yep....sounds good.

I've got some questions.

1. Is the current ride system the original system?
1a. If not, how long has the current system been in place?
2. Does anyone know the expected lifetime of the ride system?
3. How old and model (advanced like the Witch in GMR?) are the AAs?
3a. Life expectancy of AAs?

The current AAs are from 1982. They don't have that much of foreceful or advanced moving (it's not really needed, actually) - - but I mean, even CoP Animatronics are still excellent in condition and they're from 1964.

Yes...add AAs - change the show around, but keep 3-D sets...musical score, effects! Drama! It would make us all happy!!

See?? There IS a way! Just don't cut down on the "in there" AAs/sets that we're losing!

Originally posted by dox
The bottom line is Disney needs to get but*s at Epcot, as well as, all four parks. To suggest that Disney has become too focused on thrill rides is insane. What thrill rides?? It's going to be ten years soon since RnRC opened. Test Track is not a "thril ride" per se and is also about ten years old soon. If anything Disney needs to come up with some more.

The biggest complaint from your average theme park visitor has always been that WDW lacks thrill rides. ToT and RnR immediately solved attendance problems at the Studios and made it a full fledged all day park. Granted Epcot has always been a full day park, but the dark rides had a limited appeal. I for one loved them, always have and still do, but it's appeal was lost on most parkgoers. I can guarantee that most park goers don't miss WofM or Horizons very much. I've been going to Epcot since the summer of 83. I never stood in a single line for more than 5 mins. for any of the dark rides at Epcot (other than the Land) until Body Wars and HISTA opened. They obviously had some kind of appeal as opposed to the other rides.

My whole point isn't that there isn't room or need for thrill rides as well, but just not at the expense of slower AA attractions. MGM was the perfect example of how to do this. EPCOT has not been. MGM attendance up, EPCOT's down.

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
The current AAs are from 1982. They don't have that much of foreceful or advanced moving (it's not really needed, actually) - - but I mean, even CoP Animatronics are still excellent in condition and they're from 1964.

Yes...add AAs - change the show around, but keep 3-D sets...musical score, effects! Drama! It would make us all happy!!

See?? There IS a way! Just don't cut down on the "in there" AAs/sets that we're losing!

Thank you, my whole point! :D

TURKEY

Ok. What about the track? Anyone know?

I think a good year closing for replacing the track and adding some new AAs and redoing the last scene of the future would be great.

Lee

Adventurer
I believe the track is the original track.
The cars are not original, though. They were replaced, I believe, not long after Epcot opened.

The AAs are 80's models, not the current model 100s.

General Grizz

Yes...same track. Originally, CMs had to PUSH the cars around since they didn't work!

I agree - update the track. You see, things CAN be changed to become totally different in effect, but keeping the same base and use of quality. I haven't seen anything like this done before, except for Carousel of Progress, but even that is more minor than what is possible as far as these Horizons/Motion/SE style rides go.

Testtrack321

Make the track LIM powered so it's a.) silent b.) cheaper to run c.) smoother. Also improve the audio. If I can put 10,000 songs in my pocket at near CD quality, I think they can do the same for a ride vehicle! I also want to see more AAs at the end of the ride, but 100's please! :sohappy:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
That's right, Testtrack321! I agree 100% with you! If we can carry thousands of songs in our pockets on small iPods with the best sound quality, then there is absolutely no reason why they can not improve it on the ride. I went on SE yesterday and the sound quality is, still, and always will be horrible until they do something about it. You can barely hear the narrator. New AA's need to be in place. I think every single set and AA and ride car should be ripped out and have everything replaced. It's probably the only way to go.

General Grizz

LOL Disney maintaing AAs is one thing, but building a whole cast of new ones? Boy! That's ambitious! :lol:

I'm sure the audio (as far as music) would be much better if the track didn't make so much noise. ;)

MrPromey

LOL Disney maintaing AAs is one thing, but building a whole cast of new ones? Boy! That's ambitious! :lol:

Yes, the newer more advance AAs are VERY expensive which is why you only see a small handful of them in use resort wide. Replacing all of them with these in this attraction would make it the most expensive rehab in all of Disney history. It would probably make it the most expensive project for an attraction (new or otherwise) in all of Disney history as well...

First, they aren't going to do this. Second, even if they did it would be MAJOR overkill since none of these animatronics are seen for more than about 30-45 seconds as you travel along the track (with the exception of handicap stoping moments). Most if not nearly all of the advanced movements you see in the newer models would be largely overlooked and underutilized since there is only enough time for simple repetitive movements anyway.

There are a few in prominent areas that really lack th ability to convincingly do whatever it is they are doing in a scene but these would be better suited to upgrade than replacement and would make up only a small portion of all that are in use.

Shaman

I'm sure the audio (as far as music) would be much better if the track didn't make so much noise. ;)

:lol: Then again we've become so accustomed to the noise that when they make it more quiet it would seem weird. :lol: :lol:

There's never pleasing us fans is there....:p

Android

Hello to all! First post on the site and its on a subject that I find very facinating. I love EPCOT and SSE. I live in Florida and visit WDW at least 5 times a year. Of all the parks I would hate to see go in the direction of IoA it is EPCOT. I do not go to EPCOT expecting high thrill rides, its not what that park is all about, I enjoy the slower pased rides and all the shows and countrys. That what i pay to see. If I wanted IoA thats where I would go! I agree that SSE could use an overhaul(cosmeticly) but to change the the concept is just disturbing. SSE is EPCOT! I enjoy all of the parks for there own unique qualitis and hope that my children will not have to go to EPCOT without being able to enjoy SSE.

Enderikari

Hi there Android, Welcome to WDWMagic!
You are right, every park has a symbol (who misses the earful tower?), and the profile of SE is what defines Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom