Tiki Room Reopening

blm07

They should take down Pirates for a few months, remove more animatronics, and use bits of them to replace the birds in the Tiki Room. Why not? We don't need any fancy new animatronics.

Magicot

I wouldn't be set on that info just yet. Everything is very tight-lipped right now.. on the future of Tiki. With the 40th right around the corner, returning the show to its original grandeur is something that's in talks. Proposals to return a lot of Adventureland's former aesthetics are happening as we speak. Restoring the land's many snuffed out tiki torches being one of them.

JustInTime

I wouldn't be set on that info just yet. Everything is very tight-lipped right now.. on the future of Tiki. With the 40th right around the corner, returning the show to its original grandeur is something that's in talks. Proposals to return a lot of Adventureland's former aesthetics are happening as we speak. Restoring the land's many snuffed out tiki torches being one of them.

I would love to see Adventureland get some love. Over half the buildings are unused.

MarkTwain

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

What's really sad is that it means Disney is committing to this attraction for a much longer time than they might have ordinarily, since they're putting so much into it for this refurb.

puntagordabob

I would be very happy if this is indeed the case.... in fact there seems in my experiences that an overwhelming majority of the people on all these forums and out in real world that would prefer the Original (DLR version of course) to return to WDW....

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

What's really sad is that it means Disney is committing to this attraction for a much longer time than they might have ordinarily, since they're putting so much into it for this refurb.

Let us all hope that this does not end up being more UNM, but rather that they quietly sneak the Original show back in with and then hit us all with a giant tie in to the 40th Anniv just before it reopens...now THAT would be awesome! Seeing Jose back in charge of his show at WDW would be "an emotional experience" for me... our Tiki Room is my earliest "Magical Memory" of WDW....in the early 70s during our repeat visits my parents always said when I was told of going to WDW that I would scream "TIKI BIRDS! JOSE!" and wear a smile for a long time.. I always loved Mickey Mouse, etc.....but the Tiki Room is where my friends Jose & his flock lived...it was like visiting a friend every summer..... now at almost 44 years of age I can tell you that even though I understand the AA tech that still in my heart those Tiki Birds are alive and they are my friends.... How is that for Disney Magic?

devoy1701

I hope that isn't true that they will just be re-instating Under New Management. I agree that it would definitely be another Epic Fail for TDO being that this is something virtually all fans and regular guests alike would prefer and it could be done relatively cheaply.

WDWFigment

I guess I had no idea that the fire was this bad. Like everyone else, I'll express my disappointment that it's not returning to the original (or something new). Oh well, I'll just get my Tiki Room fix at DLR in May.

captainkidd

This is because of the fire? I didn't realize it was that bad either.

One thing that sucks about Disney's website - They don't tell you when rides suddenly close for whatever reason. I'm one of the very few that actually enjoys the Tiki Room.

dreamfinder

I guess I had no idea that the fire was this bad. Like everyone else, I'll express my disappointment that it's not returning to the original (or something new). Oh well, I'll just get my Tiki Room fix at DLR in May.

I don't think it was that big of fire, and from my understanding it was quickly contained by the sprinklers. The issue was however that it caused serious damage to the Iago animatronic.

Not to be rude, but can anyone confirm whether the Tiki Room is currently closed or if it's just scheduled to be closed?

I thought it was closed due to the damage to Iago since they didn't have a spare, but I can't find confirmation in any of the closure listings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom