'Tigger' arrested on molestation charges

Atta83

Originally posted by imagineer boy [Plus, does Tigger even appear in Toon Town? I thought only the fab five were there. [/B]

Yes he does in the Pooh room with winnie the Pooh and Eeyore.

BeachClubVillas

Originally posted by andre85
Come on, most of these “rapes” are fictitious anyway. Cross a money hungry woman the wrong way and you’ll be suffering the monetary wrath for years. Men are constantly being accused of these types of crimes and many of them are without merit. Again I reference the Kobe case. One judge even proclaimed how disappointed he was with the prosecution for their lack of evidence. Sadly, many rape cases suffer from the same lack of evidence, yet they convict the man anyway. It’s ludicrous.

I can't believe you said that. How dare you make the horrible blanket statement that most rapes are fictitious. Rape is a very serious crime that leaves its victims scarred for the rest of their lives.

ACE

Kate Faber's naive to say the least. Stupid would be a more accurate term. Since I'm not a member of the jury, and haven't heard the testimony, I can't state for certain what her motives are. Regardless, have you even read the details of the case? She was in his hotel room late at night. I highly doubt she thought she was just getting a tour.

Ok using your "late at night" theory, let's say you have a daughter or sister, doesn't matter. They are out with a guy and they wind up parking or in a hotel room. Your family member says "NO" and the guys does the deed anyway. Is it rape or should they have not been there "late at night".

Your decision, which is it?

:wave: ACE

andre85

Originally posted by ACE
Ok using your "late at night" theory, let's say you have a daughter or sister, doesn't matter. They are out with a guy and they wind up parking or in a hotel room. Your family member says "NO" and the guys does the deed anyway. Is it rape or should they have not been there "late at night".

Your decision, which is it?

Of course that's rape, she clearly[b/] said “no” beforehand. There’s no indication (proof) that this is what happened with Kope.

That's like asking "what's 2+2", there's only one actual answer.

andre85

Originally posted by BeachClubVillas
I can't believe you said that. How dare you make the horrible blanket statement that most rapes are fictitious. Rape is a very serious crime that leaves its victims scarred for the rest of their lives.

How dare I? How dare you to take everything you read at face value.

I’m still confused as to why you think that my belief that many rape cases are fictitious works of the accuser somehow reflects upon my attitude towards rape as a whole. This is clearly not the case and I’m offended you would presume such (if only because it says much of yourself).

Of course legitimate rape is a serious offense; I’m merely questioning the frequency of this. Why you have a problem with my skepticism, I have no idea.

ACE

Of course that's rape, she clearly[b/] said “no” beforehand. There’s no indication (proof) that this is what happened with Kope.

That's like asking "what's 2+2", there's only one actual answer.

You're right it's he said, she said so we don't know. You say Kobe is innocent others think he's guilty. I don't know, don't care. But for you or others to dismiss the incident that started this thread without the facts just because it's Disney related is just absurd.

andre85

Originally posted by ACE
You're right it's he said, she said so we don't know. You say Kobe is innocent others think he's guilty. I don't know, don't care. But for you or others to dismiss the incident that started this thread without the facts just because it's Disney related is just absurd.

Not dismiss; strongly suspicion.

Anything’s possible, but judging based off of prior similar event and my own life experiences, I can’t see how this would have feasibly occurred.

Check out this tale of one of the three little pigs for a little insight into where I'm coming from:

http://www.snopes.com/disney/wdco/3lilpigs.htm

ACE

I’m still confused as to why you think that my belief that many rape cases are fictitious works of the accuser somehow reflects upon my attitude towards rape as a whole. This is clearly not the case and I’m offended you would presume such (if only because it says much of yourself).

Of course legitimate rape is a serious offense; I’m merely questioning the frequency of this. Why you have a problem with my skepticism, I have no idea.

1. How dare you to take everything you read at face value.

You wrote it. Does this mean we need to take what you say with a grain of salt? You may or may not mean what you say? I'm confused by your statement. :veryconfu

2. I’m still confused as to why you think that my belief that many rape cases are fictitious works of the accuser somehow reflects upon my attitude towards rape as a whole. This is clearly not the case and I’m offended you would presume such (if only because it says much of yourself).

Your belief doesn't reflect your attitude? Again I'm confused. :veryconfu

3. Of course legitimate rape is a serious offense; I’m merely questioning the frequency of this. Why you have a problem with my skepticism, I have no idea.

Does the frequency matter? If it happened once it's too many times. Would you be this skeptical if it happened somewhere other than Disney?

ACE

Not dismiss; strongly suspicion.

Anything’s possible, but judging based off of prior similar event and my own life experiences, I can’t see how this would have feasibility occurred.

Check out this tale of one of the three little pigs for a little insight into where I'm coming from:

http://www.snopes.com/disney/wdco/3lilpigs.htm

Just because it turned out to be false once doesn't mean it can't happen. Like I said let's get the facts before we jump to conclusions.

andre85

Originally posted by ACE

You wrote it. Does this mean we need to take what you say with a grain of salt? You may or may not mean what you say? I'm confused by your statement. :veryconfu

I wasn't referencing what I originally stated; I was instead referring to the abundance of rape cases proposed by the media.

Your belief doesn't reflect your attitude? Again I'm confused. :veryconfu

For clarification, she was treating an opinion I held in regards to the frequency of reported rapes with my opinion of rape itself. For some reason, BeachClubVillas presumed that just because I don't believe every rape case to be legit, that I (for some unknown reason) felt rape was a-ok, which is not the case.

Does the frequency matter? If it happened once it's too many times. Would you be this skeptical if it happened somewhere other than Disney?

Yes, assuming the circumstances were identical.

andre85

Originally posted by ACE
Just because it turned out to be false once doesn't mean it can't happen. Like I said let's get the facts before we jump to conclusions.

Hey buddy, did you not read what I said? I presume not since you reitterated everything I stated in the quote you responded to.

I have a right to form an opinion whenever I want, with whatever knowledge I have. I don’t need you telling me otherwise.

taholden

I have to say that there are very many more rapes that don't get reported than rape cases where the incident was made up. Every rape victim knows the kind of pressure and accusations they will get when they come out and press charges on a sexual assault of any kind. The victim is the one that is put on trial. We have all read stories about this kind of thing happening at Disney in the past. These things happen everywhere and this story is by no means hard to believe.

Having said that, it is true that this person is innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't automatically make the accuser a liar.

BeachClubVillas

.For clarification, she was treating an opinion I held in regards to the frequency of reported rapes with my opinion of rape itself. For some reason, BeachClubVillas presumed that just because I don't believe every rape case to be legit, that I (for some unknown reason) felt rape was a-ok, which is not the case.

You wrote that most rapes are fictitious. You also portrayed the men as the victims and called their victims "money-hungry". If you were talking about the Kobe case, then say that you were talking about the Kobe case. Don't make a blanket statement like you did. It was your opinion that not every rape case is legitimate, and you are correct, not every case is. But only a tiny fraction are untrue. The vast majority do happen, and like someone else said, even once is too many times for this to happen. Your comment was insensitive, that's all I was trying to say.

ACE

Hey buddy, did you not read what I said? I presume not since you reitterated everything I stated in the quote you responded to.

I have a right to form an opinion whenever I want, with whatever knowledge I have. I don’t need you telling me otherwise.

First off I'm honored that you consider me one of your buddies. And yes I've read everything you posted.

Yes I did reiterate you, that's what recapping or quoting someone is.

Yes, you have a right to your own opinion and I didn't tell you otherwise.

You seem to think this couldn't have happened. I think it could have happened. I also believe it happens more than we think. I'm sure most people think it's a accident when a character touches them inappropriately. Most of the time it probably is. But sometimes maybe it's not.

Take Care,

andre85

Originally posted by BeachClubVillas
You wrote that most rapes are fictitious. You also portrayed the men as the victims and called their victims "money-hungry". If you were talking about the Kobe case, then say that you were talking about the Kobe case. Don't make a blanket statement like you did. It was your opinion that not every rape case is legitimate, and you are correct, not every case is. But only a tiny fraction are untrue. The vast majority do happen, and like someone else said, even once is too many times for this to happen. Your comment was insensitive, that's all I was trying to say.

Yeah yeah, I've heard it all before. We're both entitled to our opinions, and frankly, neither of us can provide proof to validate either of our opinions. There's nothing insensitive about my comment unless you're somehow interpreting it in a manner completely unintended. I hope you can accept the fact that I'm not defending rape, but merely providing an opinion that I've researched heavily (and wrote a college paper on). Does that make me right? No, but that's why they're called "opinions".

andre85

Originally posted by ACE
I also believe it happens more than we think.

I think that the reason you think it happens more often than reported is because of the frequency and intensity the media reports this “news” as. Now that's an opinion held by myself and I'm sure someone, somewhere will take offense to it in this politically correct society.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom