Tickets now available for the 'Force Friday Merchandise Event' at Downtown Disney

note2001

Just picked my BB-8 up from BestBuy. Checked early this morning and they were in stock at the local stores, so I reserved one.
Let us know how you like it. I'm on the fence on this one - seems overpriced at $150, but I don't think the price will drop, ever. I've gotten to the point of asking myself, would I pay 50 cents/day to have this on my desk. Pretty sure the answer is for the first month, yes, after that, no.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Neat toy... but I imagine the attraction will wear off quickly. You have to be able to see it to control it.. so no sneaky missions.. no video... long charge times (3hrs). Cool gimmick, but I can't work out how to justify it even as an office toy.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The real story here is how Disney has managed to turn a batch of Toy releases into a national news story... how many people are scrambling to buy early X-Mas presents simply because they heard about all this new hotness that for sure will be a holiday impossible to get!! (that's what they want people to think).

From ABC, WallStreetJournal, CNN, local stations, specialty sites... everyone was plastering around the images and story. It's a marketing juggernaut... and Disney isn't even the one paying to run the ads!!

Normally people spend millions to blanket the TV waves with ads for their new toys... here everyone is doing it FOR disney. Gold star for Disney Consumer Products...

shipley731

Let us know how you like it. I'm on the fence on this one - seems overpriced at $150, but I don't think the price will drop, ever. I've gotten to the point of asking myself, would I pay 50 cents/day to have this on my desk. Pretty sure the answer is for the first month, yes, after that, no.

I just looked on Amazon to see if they were selling the things at the $149.99 price point & the cheapest one that I saw was $224.97. Holy crap.

I felt a little like a rube ordering one from Sphero this morning for $150, but there's no way I'd pay over $200 for that thing. (I'll report back once I get it. It's probably going to sit on my desk, but I work with enough SW geeks that we'll get our fun out of playing with it.)

TomHendricks

I just paid $149 at our Disney Store
A62864D1-60B6-4B2E-AA10-86DEC07B98B8_zpslgui7bgv.jpg

Animaniac93-98

Went to Disney Store around 2:00pm. Not too busy and they had everything in stock...at the time. Will be interesting to see how much is left by Tuesday. They have a neat reusable bag that's fairly big and has a lenticular effect on one side. The 14.5" figures (make noises, light up etc) are the best thing there, IMO.

Star Wars music was playing over the speakers, muffling the sound of Elsa coming from the movie screen.

For the price of the BB-8 here ($190 CND), I'd rather spend the money on the various Lego sets.

TomHendricks

Went to Disney Store around 2:00pm. Not too busy and they had everything in stock...at the time. Will be interesting to see how much is left by Tuesday. They have a neat reusable bag that's fairly big and has a lenticular effect on one side. The 14.5" figures (make noises, light up etc) are the best thing there, IMO.

Star Wars music was playing over the speakers, muffling the sound of Elsa coming from the movie screen.

For the price of the BB-8 here ($190 CND), I'd rather spend the money on the various Lego sets.

The only two things sold out at our Disney Store was the BB-8, which I got the last one. Also the Die Cast Elite Series Captain Phasma, but all the rest were available.

Here is the bag,
AD54F9EC-8061-44C8-A593-907DD92980BD_zpsrzbp8uty.jpg

74B0CC3C-88ED-4FE7-971B-C2B0D9876D9E_zpsqishduhu.jpg

ULPO46

So for those of you in the know of wall street and the media. Reports are out that this campaign has brought the Walt Disney Co. nearly 5 Billion dollars in toy sales alone! in just a little over 15 hours since the release of the toys. If the toys are bringing in this much hype imagine how much Star Wars Episode VII will bring in the box office. I think this might just be the film that surpasses the Avatar record.

Mouse Trap

So for those of you in the know of wall street and the media. Reports are out that this campaign has brought the Walt Disney Co. nearly 5 Billion dollars in toy sales alone! in just a little over 15 hours since the release of the toys. If the toys are bringing in this much hype imagine how much Star Wars Episode VII will bring in the box office. I think this might just be the film that surpasses the Avatar record.

Impossible. Maybe in a year, but not one day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom