Ticket prices to increase AGAIN??

Trishnh

Original Poster
I just saw from discount orlando tickets that prices are set to increase yet again on 1/1/07. I couldnt find out how much they would go up but it just seems like they are increasing the price frequently. It is getting very hard to take a family of 6 there and I hope this trend does not continue!:(

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I always thought that an annual ticket price hike was to be expected. Last year was a bit of an anomaly with 2 but that was more a supply and demand thing. I am afraid that as park attendance rises we can expect ticket prices to rise along with them.

Glasgow

You must be joking.

I'm surprised Disney hasn't started an investment plan so you can save up enough money for your trip.

EpcotGrl

You must be joking.

I'm surprised Disney hasn't started an investment plan so you can save up enough money for your trip.

Technically, I suppose that's what they're doing with the Disney Rewards Visa (0% interest on vacations)... darn capitalists :animwink:

SewIn2Disney

Guess I better buy mine now for my Jan trip. I kinda figured they'd go up, and I should buy them in advance before I went, but I guess I kept putting it in the back of my head. It's getting rediclous, and out of hand, but I guess it's just a way of life.

napnet

Hrm, I wonder how much they are going to go up on the FL Seasonal AP... if alot i may go ahead and pre-buy the renewals from AAA for in a year

Mr Bill

I thought their explanation for the last price increase was so that all of the guidebooks would be accurate for 2007 and that there'd be no January increase.

Im thinking that this is a miss print. I cant imagine Disney being stupid enough to raise prices for a 3rd time in less then a year. I sure hope they dont cus I have my engagement coming up and I dont want to have to fork over more money for it.

Cliff

Not cool.

Disney parks opperate with great profit margins. I'm tired of Disney funding "other" areas of the company using park revenue.

Cut the fat and waste from other areas of the company, keep park prices down and reinvest a higher percentage of park revenue back into the parks. Using this formula will guarantee that the parks stay strong and they will remain being the backbone of the company.

I'm a BIG supporter of Disney segmenting it's business units and keeping them seperate.

Raising ticket prices is not always the answer. They just take the extra $$ and WASTE it in other areas.

CT :lookaroun

Figments Friend

Wow...

Funny thing is i was JUST talking about this with a friend who is taking her first trip back since 93'. She was asking advice on tickets, good features to get, etc, and i jokingly stated that she had best buy them by the end of this month before they raise the prices again in January. I was humouring of course, remembering the past 2 years worth of price increases...and considering all the extra payroll this "Year of a Million Dreams" must be bringing...i figured it may well happen again.

Now i will have to call her tonight and tell her i was right! BUY NOW! :dazzle:

Blizz

Not cool.

Disney parks opperate with great profit margins. I'm tired of Disney funding "other" areas of the company using park revenue.

Cut the fat and waste from other areas of the company, keep park prices down and reinvest a higher percentage of park revenue back into the parks. Using this formula will guarantee that the parks stay strong and they will remain being the backbone of the company.

Umm... where did you get this info? I dont mean to cause anything, but each line of business within Disney is constantly trying to screw the next unit over. Example: if Disney wanted to produce a commerical for their parks the marking department would have to pay operations to help support the production, catering would charge full price for craft services on the shoot, Walt Disney Entertainment would charge full price on any music used, and Disney World Marketing would have to get rights and clearences to use the Disney name and logo.... Disney gives no discounts between lines of business and does not fund them in anyway. The money for tickets pays to keep the lights on, the AC running in the summer and the Osbourne Specticle of Lights dancing (etc...). Dont get me wrong, I think a one day MYW ticket is way way too expensive.

imamouse

Well, Disney is spending millions on the marketing and the prizes, so I'm not so sure that they will be making a lot of money on the Year of a Million Dreams - even with increased attendance. Plus, there's the cost of the new attractions (Monsters, 2 Nemos & rehab of Pirates).

Cliff

Umm... where did you get this info? I dont mean to cause anything, but each line of business within Disney is constantly trying to screw the next unit over. Example: if Disney wanted to produce a commerical for their parks the marking department would have to pay operations to help support the production, catering would charge full price for craft services on the shoot, Walt Disney Entertainment would charge full price on any music used, and Disney World Marketing would have to get rights and clearences to use the Disney name and logo.... Disney gives no discounts between lines of business and does not fund them in anyway. The money for tickets pays to keep the lights on, the AC running in the summer and the Osbourne Specticle of Lights dancing (etc...). Dont get me wrong, I think a one day MYW ticket is way way too expensive.

That's funny,..I work for a large global comany and they do the exact same thing internaly amongst departments! I'm mainly refering to,...well let's just use ABC from 2 years ago. Disney was pouring tons of money into that division to keep it "alive" so to speak. Today, I know it's doing better.

I'm not radical on this belief but lets keep park profits "more" in the parks,..that's all.

None of us have access to the books,...but it's widely known that the parks are a HUGE cash cow! If the parks were "breaking even", then I'd say raise the prices,..but they aren't.

"The money for tickets pays to keep the lights on, the AC running in the summer and the Osbourne Specticle of Lights dancing (etc...). Dont get me wrong, I think a one day MYW ticket is way way too expensive.".

Dude,..those things ARE part of the general overhead. The GOBBS of money leftover are there "AFTER" all that stuff is paid for. They just take the leftover $$$$$$ and "move" it to other areas that they think need it more...(i.e. ABC/ESPN, Touchtone, Hyperion, exec pockets or whatever,.. just not back into the parks)

CT:brick:

They are milking the parks for all they can....and there is a TON of "milk" there and they are squeezing every drop.

When park attendance numbers start to fall,...only then will they possibly pull back.

www.whoiscliff.com

Figments Friend

I think it is a case where people who are regulars and fans of the Parks would not mind paying the extra increases if they saw the return put into the Parks. I think some fine enhancements have been made over the past couple of years in some areas, but i am sure a lot of folks here can name some areas that could have used a bigger budget or more attention.

Disney knows that in the end, people will pay whatever they charge. I guess your average family will have to really save up some time now before being able to visit.

Sadly this will mean that Walt's original plan of having a Place where "families could spend time togther" will NOT be in the WD Parks, but at home in front of the tv or at the local Chuck E. Cheese's! No wait...that's too expensive now too!

:hurl:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's funny,..I work for a large global comany and they do the exact same thing internaly amongst departments! I'm mainly refering to,...well let's just use ABC from 2 years ago. Disney was pouring tons of money into that division to keep it "alive" so to speak. Today, I know it's doing better.

I'm not radical on this belief but lets keep park profits "more" in the parks,..that's all.

None of us have access to the books,...but it's widely known that the parks are a HUGE cash cow! If the parks were "breaking even", then I'd say raise the prices,..but they aren't.

Dude,..those things ARE part of the general overhead. The GOBBS of money leftover are there "AFTER" all that stuff is paid for. They just take the leftover $$$$$$ and "move" it to other areas that they think need it more...(i.e. ABC/ESPN, Touchtone, Hyperion, exec pockets or whatever,.. just not back into the parks)

CT:brick:

They are milking the parks for all they can....and there is a TON of "milk" there and they are squeezing every drop.

When park attendance numbers start to fall,...only then will they possibly pull back.

www.whoiscliff.com
Sadly this is the way of capitalism. Raise the prices to what the market will bare. I don't necessarily agree with it but they as business owners have ever right to do so and we as consumers have every right not to buy their product.

Enderikari

Anyone else notice the delicious irony of the two most active threads being about
A: Disney's Animal Kingdom closing to capactiy, albeit an artifical one
B: People complaining about ticket prices going up

Here's your missions... choose one...

Pay more for your ticket, and have less people in the park... The number of folks that are willing to pay. The lesser crowd is paid for via the higher ticket prices, and you are able to enjoy rides without as much of a wait as.....

Pay less for your ticket, say 40 dollars.... Every day at Disney is like Christmas... and not in that good way. People are packed stem to stern, barely able to move.... and attractions? Forgeddabout it.... even the TTA has a line.

Cliff

Anyone else notice the delicious irony of the two most active threads being about
A: Disney's Animal Kingdom closing to capactiy, albeit an artifical one
B: People complaining about ticket prices going up

Here's your missions... choose one...

Pay more for your ticket, and have less people in the park... The number of folks that are willing to pay. The lesser crowd is paid for via the higher ticket prices, and you are able to enjoy rides without as much of a wait as.....

Pay less for your ticket, say 40 dollars.... Every day at Disney is like Christmas... and not in that good way. People are packed stem to stern, barely able to move.... and attractions? Forgeddabout it.... even the TTA has a line.

Love it..."irony" makes for the most enjoyable comedy.

Yup,..very true observation.

WDW - A sparsely populated park for the wealthy few?

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom