Ticket price increases coming in the next month?

msteel

You know, these threads come up so often and sound so alike that it took me a while to realize this was an old thread that got bumped.
It was kinda sad, that increase in February, though. The discontinuation of non-expiring tickets and the subsequent inability to bridge them to current gate price meant it wasn't cost effective to add any days to our tickets in May like we had planned.
We have gone three times in the last 7 years but this latest trip we really did feel like it might be our last in the foreseeable future because of cost.

jaxonp

I think Disney should go for $200 a day for MK and a little less for the others. Still make more money even if 25% of the crowd doesn't come after the new prices.

Need to clear out the peasants.

The peasants gotta be deported out of the kingdom to the other side of the wall unless they pay their fair share. It's gonna be the greatest thing ever.. it's gonna be yuuuuuge.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
One of the great things about not going to WDW any longer is that price increases dont have any effect on us any longer other than calculating our savings on skipping Disney

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
Whilst comparing what you only remember with what you only imagine, your weigh-in can only carry so much heft.

Dont forget to factor in the cost of the time you spend here. :D
72084548756ed36e8d72e482e46c91f0--art-gallery-trust-me.jpg

CJR

Come on now. Just because a lot of the guests are rude and annoying, it doesn't mean they should be denied the ability to go to the parks due to it becoming far too expensive. For many people, WDW is a once in a lifetime trip, as well as a right of passage.

Well, not just that, but a lot of the ones that are rude and annoying are also very much able to pay $200 for a one day ticket.

Really, instead of just raising prices, Disney should seriously consider product expansion. How about that Texas resort? There appears to be plenty of demand.

ChrisM

Well, not just that, but a lot of the ones that are rude and annoying are also very much able to pay $200 for a one day ticket.

Really, instead of just raising prices, Disney should seriously consider product expansion. How about that Texas resort? There appears to be plenty of demand.

Agreed.

And maybe, you know, add a pantload of attractions to the existing WDW parks.

hobovampire

SO I’m a fool and couldn’t understand the reply to this question:

I’m a new AP holder. Our tickets expire in March. However, if I renew today will it start a new year from October to October or will it automatically renew in March 18 until March 19?

Will I be losing out on 5 months basically

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
SO I’m a fool and couldn’t understand the reply to this question:

I’m a new AP holder. Our tickets expire in March. However, if I renew today will it start a new year from October to October or will it automatically renew in March 18 until March 19?

Will I be losing out on 5 months basically
If you renew, your will have the same expiration date + 1 year no matter when you do it (eg month early, month late, etc).

If you buy a new pass entirely, the day you buy a new pass will be your new date.

This is why it pays to do a little math before you renew. If your renewal date is say January 1, but you are not going to use your AP to April, it is better to just buy a new pass and get the time back.

hobovampire

If you renew, your will have the same expiration date + 1 year no matter when you do it (eg month early, month late, etc).

If you buy a new pass entirely, the day you buy a new pass will be your new date.

This is why it pays to do a little math before you renew. If your renewal date is say January 1, but you are not going to use your AP to April, it is better to just buy a new pass and get the time back.

Get the time back how and what way?
We're going this Christmas and then next end of march-early april as far as planned excursions.

Thank you for answering my questions. <3

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Get the time back how and what way?
We're going this Christmas and then next end of march-early april as far as planned excursions.

Thank you for answering my questions. <3
I am going to use a expiration/renewal date of January 1 to make this easy.

Let's say your AP expires on January 1 2018. If you renew, your next renewal date will be January 1 2019 no matter when you renew. If you were to renew on December 1 2017 or February 1 2018 your new renewed pass will still expire on January 1 2019. That date will never change as long as you keep renewing.

If you buy an entirely new pass, your renewal date will be one year after your first use.

Let's go back to the original example. You pass expires on January 1 2018, but your next trip is not until April 1 2018. If you wait until your trip in April and simply buy a new AP at full price, your next expiration date will be April 1 2019.

You pay slightly more for a new AP vs a renewal, but it can be worth it depending on how far up you can move your expiration date.

hobovampire

I am going to use a expiration/renewal date of January 1 to make this easy.

Let's say your AP expires on January 1 2018. If you renew, your next renewal date will be January 1 2019 no matter when you renew. If you were to renew on December 1 2017 or February 1 2018 your new renewed pass will still expire on January 1 2019. That date will never change as long as you keep renewing.

If you buy an entirely new pass, your renewal date will be one year after your first use.

Let's go back to the original example. You pass expires on January 1 2018, but your next trip is not until April 1 2018. If you wait until your trip in April and simply buy a new AP at full price, your next expiration date will be April 1 2019.

You pay slightly more for a new AP vs a renewal, but it can be worth it depending on how far up you can move your expiration date.

Aha! I see! First use! Thank you so so much!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom