Ticket price increases coming in the next month?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thank you. I will have to look for a grid that shows the peak times for the highest prices. We went the first of December and it was packed. I wonder if they will ever do away with the "free dining" and steep resort discounts.

They don't really have steep room discounts anymore. I remember when they had 40-45% off of Deluxes back in 2008-2012 or so before we joined DVC. We really enjoyed those discounts and even stayed in a Garden Cottage Suite at Boardwalk for less than a standard room at a deluxe goes for now at regular price. lol. And those suites are very pricey. Now you are lucky to get 30% off a deluxe and usually is less. We still find the early weeks of December much better than late December etc and very manageable and better than summer crowds also. We go this time the most often. We don't care for large crowds and really only found MK bad on the weekends etc. We will be there again 11/29-12/13 this year and can't wait. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They don't really have steep room discounts anymore. I remember when they had 40-45% off of Deluxes back in 2008-2012 or so before we joined DVC. We really enjoyed those discounts and even stayed in a Garden Cottage Suite at Boardwalk for less than a standard room at a deluxe goes for now at regular price. lol. And those suites are very pricey. Now you are lucky to get 30% off a deluxe and usually is less. We still find the early weeks of December much better than late December etc and very manageable and better than summer crowds also. We go this time the most often. We don't care for large crowds and really only found MK bad on the weekends etc. We will be there again 11/29-12/13 this year and can't wait. :)

I was just wondering about why the larger discounts aren't offered anymore. Do you think it's because they've added additional DVC buildings now (plus the rehab of some hotel rooms into DVC, in a number of the resorts)--resulting in the shrinkage of the non-DVC room inventory? So, they don't need to offer deep discounts on the remainder?

sxeensweet

I was just wondering about why the larger discounts aren't offered anymore. Do you think it's because they've added additional DVC buildings now (plus the rehab of some hotel rooms into DVC, in a number of the resorts)--resulting in the shrinkage of the non-DVC room inventory? So, they don't need to offer deep discounts on the remainder?

No it's just supply and demand. Park attendance since 2008 for example has greatly increased. So eventhough many stay offsite there also is a greater demand to stay on property due to more guests, so No need to have deep discounts. All resorts discounts went down and prices went up. I just mentioned Deluxes but the discounts went down for all resort categories so DVC has nothing to do with it being it didn't just happen to deluxes. ;)

sxeensweet

Ah yes! I remember those days fondly. Best rates ever! They had one year where if you bought a 4 day package you got 2 or 3 days for free. That included the tickets and dining plan. That was spring 2009.

Yep remember that deal too. We could not take advantage being we always go in the fall but that was a great offer. We always used the awesome deluxe/deluxe villa room discounts in the fall Oct-Dec. So glad we joined DVC in 2013 because I couldn't afford the Deluxes now to stay as long as we like to. :)

Dad 2 M & M

What part of January were you talking about? Because it wasn't the same part I visited with crowd levels of 8 or so.
Week of the 23rd.....Tuesday the 24th and returned Friday the 27th. Did fail to mention, we avoid the weekends, and generally fly in to the World late Monday or early Tuesday, and fly out Friday midday......that week was really nice

mouse_luv

Week of the 23rd.....Tuesday the 24th and returned Friday the 27th. Did fail to mention, we avoid the weekends, and generally fly in to the World late Monday or early Tuesday, and fly out Friday midday......that week was really nice
Then you don't view crowds the way many of us do. That was the week we were there and it was comparable to June crowds, definitely not the level 2 or 3 crowds to expect and are usual that time of year, it was more like an 8 most of the week and it didn't get quiet again until about late Saturday afternoon when everyone went to the pro-bowl and left those of us alone in the parks.

Dad 2 M & M

Then you don't view crowds the way many of us do. That was the week we were there and it was comparable to June crowds, definitely not the level 2 or 3 crowds to expect and are usual that time of year, it was more like an 8 most of the week and it didn't get quiet again until about late Saturday afternoon when everyone went to the pro-bowl and left those of us alone in the parks.
Wow....we avoid crowds and really had a nice time. While I would not say it was dead, it WAS slow and no way was it 8 or June type crowds....the busiest might have been a 4 or 5.

We were able to walk up to both Via Napoli and BoG for dinner....we DID have to offer Pixie Dust to BoG and make it very clear we would be happy to wait any length of time to get seated, but had no issue and were happily accommodated... also were able to get FP+ for everything save Frozen, and the standby there was under 1 hour mid morning.

Sorry (I really mean it when I say sorry and not being argumentative) we have such a differing view as we really enjoyed it and are headed back either Wednesday March 1st or 8th (for a two day trip leaving Friday) for a day and a half in the parks and to take in one of those After Hours Events....

If the title to this thread ends up being correct, maybe the crowds drop a bit more....

Last edited:

mouse_luv

Wow....we avoid crowds and really had a nice time. While I would not say it was dead, it WAS slow and no way was it 8 or June type crowds....the busiest might have been a 4 or 5.

We were able to walk up to both Via Napoli and BoG for dinner....we DID have to offer Pixie Dust to BoG and make it very clear we would be happy to wait any length of time to get seated, but had no issue and were happily accommodated... also were able to get FP+ for everything save Frozen, and the standby there was under 1 hour mid morning.

Sorry (I really mean it when I say sorry and not being argumentative) we have such a differing view as we really enjoyed it and are headed back either Wednesday March 1st or 8th (for a two day trip leaving Friday) for a day and a half in the parks and to take in one of those After Hours Events....

If the title to this thread ends up being correct, maybe the crowds drop a bit more....

I have been there all times of the year over the years and this was the busiest I have seen January ever. I never said I didn't have fun, I just said I could have done without all of the Pro-Bowl extras the Parks pulled in that week, but maybe I just value my time there in the parks to a different degree (and I'm not saying this to argue or be rude) because I am lucky if I get to visit every two-three years or so. *shrug*

I am glad you had a nice time and hope your future trips are nice as well. :)

doctornick

Slightly related.... if you buy tickets through a proper discount site (e.g. Undercover Tourist), does Disney still do the thing where you can upgrade an activated ticket and get the current ticket value (not simply the money you paid) towards the upgraded ticket?

sxeensweet

Slightly related.... if you buy tickets through a proper discount site (e.g. Undercover Tourist), does Disney still do the thing where you can upgrade an activated ticket and get the current ticket value (not simply the money you paid) towards the upgraded ticket?
Yes they still allow that currently after the ticket has been activated. ;)

Dad 2 M & M

I have been there all times of the year over the years and this was the busiest I have seen January ever. I never said I didn't have fun, I just said I could have done without all of the Pro-Bowl extras the Parks pulled in that week, but maybe I just value my time there in the parks to a different degree (and I'm not saying this to argue or be rude) because I am lucky if I get to visit every two-three years or so. *shrug*

I am glad you had a nice time and hope your future trips are nice as well. :)
Well done and glad we weren't irritating each other (as so many others do here). Sorry for leaping to the assumption you had a bad time, and glad to here your week was filled with magic as well.

On the Pro Bowl note......All Star Sports had many "spontaneous happnins" that week. It seemed that was not a secret, but certainly wasn't advertised, nor has it garnered much of a mention anywhere..... I have to assume it wasn't marketed because it truly seemed to be spontaneous; can you imagine the crowds at ALL STAR SPORTS, of all places, if the word got out you prince or princess could spin it on the green with _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (insert your NFL Player here)? Wonder how long the line at the guard shack would have been?

Peace, pixie dust, and thank you for your response!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom