Ticket price increases coming in the next month?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm going to guess $135/day peak for MK, and $115 per day non-peak at MK as well as for the other parks. I expect APs to jump $80 each, except the bottom tiers which I will guess 30 each.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Question - does WDW raise ticket prices yet again to guarantee both lower attendance and higher profits? At what point does that stop working?

Yes, I can probably afford the increase, but I'm starting to feel abused. There's nothing magical about price increases exceeding inflation.
Disney executive math -- everything's going up 2%, so when you add up all the increases, we have to raise prices at least 10% to make up for the cost increase.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Actually it should... The price should be lowered.
1ix3bh.jpg

Stacey Yeggy

Bought my annual pass renewal yesterday! Glad I dodged that bullet!
Actually they have been doing AP increase close to October because they got me two years ago...now I jump earlier so they don't get me on the next hike. Although i will likel lower the AP tier this fall. Only kept gold because of the photopass and all the marathon pics for this year I would have had to purchase separate if I hadn't.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
(I started posting this several days ago, closed my laptop before posting, and have been in bed with the flu ever since. Just opened my laptop up and saw the post in progress LOL. Well I might as well post it.)

I called cust serv. to ask a few questions - some of this info may have been in the back of my head, but I wanted to be sure. Maybe it's helpful to others as well.

If I were to purchase the vouchers now (before the price goes up) I would have to activate those vouchers into actual park tickets within one year - so let's say Feb 1st of 2018 and then obviously they'd be good until Feb 1st of 2019 at the latest. Those vouchers would cost $275 each for our Weekday Select AP. (I thought those vouchers were good for a long time, guess not.)

If I were to just renew those AP's, the price would be 15% off whatever the AP price is at the time I renew them. (We've never renewed before, we take up to a year in between passes.) So if I renewed them today, they'd be about $235 each and would last until September of 2018. (as opposed to Feb of 2019.)

(I could have sworn I remembered reading there was no discount for renewing my particular AP, but the CM on the phone said there would be.)

But if I wait until after the price goes up to renew, let's say to $300 (probably most likely since the last one went from $255 to $270 I think) then the renewal would still cost $255 each.

And obviously if I do what we normally do and wait until Christmas to buy them for each other, they'd be at that $300 (or whatever the new price is) each, but could be 2019 to 2020 or whatever we choose.

That seems to be the most likely scenario right now. I will just kick myself if they eliminate or greatly increase the price of the Weekday Select FL AP.

I think after our next big trip this September, we're going to work on a Disney cruise vacation, and then go back to WDW after 2019 for Star Wars - maybe peppered with a couple of short trips where we just do a resort, a Christmas party, DS, etc.

JLipnick

Bought my annual pass renewal yesterday! Glad I dodged that bullet!
if you buy a renewal, does it kick in immediately once the current one expires or does it start when the first time you go to use them? if the latter, how long do you have to start using it? we were considering renewing even though we were planning to take a year or so off from visiting WDW since the renewal cost is so much less than new passes? keep in mind we are DVC so we get the DVC AP price.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
if you buy a renewal, does it kick in immediately once the current one expires or does it start when the first time you go to use them? if the latter, how long do you have to start using it? we were considering renewing even though we were planning to take a year or so off from visiting WDW since the renewal cost is so much less than new passes? keep in mind we are DVC so we get the DVC AP price.
Nope immediately if a renewal when current expires. ;)

wdwgreek

It renews at midnight the day my pas expires!

Dad 2 M & M

You hear annual price increase. I hear annual crowd thinning at the parks. ;)
You can tell now too....week before Christmas was really nice last December....so was January and February

They would obviously raise it after Star Wars opens...
Yes.....they would have more slices.....even more than the even more they have now....that nobody seems to acknowledge/notice??

mouse_luv

You can tell now too....week before Christmas was really nice last December....so was January and February

Yes.....they would have more slices.....even more than the even more they have now....that nobody seems to acknowledge/notice??
What part of January were you talking about? Because it wasn't the same part I visited with crowd levels of 8 or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom