Ticket price increases coming in the next month?

StageFrenzy

It can't though because even more people will go.

Imagine the online news: "DISNEY for the first time in a while lowers prices for a theme park."

*rabdom soul that reads article*

One of the best rides... The Tower of Terror which is being changed to a Gotg Ride in California is still there, and now the park entry price is cheaper!

It would backfire in more ways than one.
Just don't raise HWS, and be quiet about it while raising the other parks if it happens.

Headline would be: "For the first time in forever, Admission prices frozen."

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Depending on what DI$ does with ticketing in general (Remember that WP&F is going away as an option), it could take a little time for those good with numbers to decipher whatever changes are made and be able to break them down for us.

Some around here (me included) were speculating that DI$ could start forcing you to pick the number of days in each park when purchasing your theme park tickets and then charge you based on your choices. And since MK is already priced higher than the other parks, choosing more days at MK will increase your MYW ticket cost as well. It'd just be a matrix for them to fill out to cover all available options, so it would be right in the bean-counters wheelhouse. :banghead: For example:

On a 7-day non-park hopper ticket, if you pick 2 days at MK and 5 days at the other three parks, you'd pay a hypothetical $400. 3 days at MK would run you $475, and for 4 days at MK, you'd pay $550 for that ticket. (Again, please note that the dollar figures are just made up for the example) They would, of course, advertise the "base" 7-day theme park ticket without that MAGICAL!!! MK pricing premium. Oh, and if you want to add park hopping onto those tickets, it'll probably cost you a minimum of $75 additional per ticket, and it will probably be more, particularly if they wanted to tier the price of the park hopper option based on how many days you pick at MK (since people would simply enter one park and then park-hop to MK to avoid the higher initial cost once they figured out the scheme).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to sharpening my pitchfork and getting a bunch of torches ready... :p

rob0519

Depending on what DI$ does with ticketing in general (Remember that WP&F is going away as an option), it could take a little time for those good with numbers to decipher whatever changes are made and be able to break them down for us.

Some around here (me included) were speculating that DI$ could start forcing you to pick the number of days in each park when purchasing your theme park tickets and then charge you based on your choices. And since MK is already priced higher than the other parks, choosing more days at MK will increase your MYW ticket cost as well. It'd just be a matrix for them to fill out to cover all available options, so it would be right in the bean-counters wheelhouse. :banghead: For example:

On a 7-day non-park hopper ticket, if you pick 2 days at MK and 5 days at the other three parks, you'd pay a hypothetical $400. 3 days at MK would run you $475, and for 4 days at MK, you'd pay $550 for that ticket. (Again, please note that the dollar figures are just made up for the example) They would, of course, advertise the "base" 7-day theme park ticket without that MAGICAL!!! MK pricing premium. Oh, and if you want to add park hopping onto those tickets, it'll probably cost you a minimum of $75 additional per ticket, and it will probably be more, particularly if they wanted to tier the price of the park hopper option based on how many days you pick at MK (since people would simply enter one park and then park-hop to MK to avoid the higher initial cost once they figured out the scheme).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to sharpening my pitchfork and getting a bunch of torches ready... :p

The problem with the pay per which park you visit model is park hopping. We have a special needs adult son. At some point in every day we find ourselves in the MK. If we're going to HS at night, it's MK in the morning. If we're going to AK in the morning, it's MK at night. Raising the price of our tickets for the privilege of spending 3 or 4 hours in the MK, not a full day, would be a typical Disney move, but really hurt the consumer. Combine this with the tread about possible daily resort fees and those that can absorb these costs will be happy, because I believe it will thin out the crowds.

DDLand

It can't though because even more people will go.

Imagine the online news: "DISNEY for the first time in a while lowers prices for a theme park."

*rabdom soul that reads article*

One of the best rides... The Tower of Terror which is being changed to a Gotg Ride in California is still there, and now the park entry price is cheaper!

It would backfire in more ways than one.
Just don't raise HWS, and be quiet about it while raising the other parks if it happens.
I actually think it would have the opposite effect. With the Star Wars events and marketing, Disney has carefully crafted a narrative that all is well at Disney's Hollywood Studios. By not keeping pricing in line with the rest of the parks, it would admit what all of us already know; that Disney's Hollywood Studios provides the single worst value for your money at any of the 6 major theme parks.

The illusion would be shattered and its place as a bad value would be cemented in our minds. It's also worth noting that if they kept pricing lower for the time being it would be quite a jump up later as they added on new attractions.

They have to keep the myth alive just until next year; and then they can start marketing the heck out of the new additions.

Daveeeeed

I actually think it would have the opposite effect. With the Star Wars events and marketing, Disney has carefully crafted a narrative that all is well at Disney's Hollywood Studios. By not keeping pricing in line with the rest of the parks, it would admit what all of us already know; that Disney's Hollywood Studios provides the single worst value for your money at any of the 6 major theme parks.

The illusion would be shattered and its place as a bad value would be cemented in our minds. It's also worth noting that if they kept pricing lower for the time being it would be quite a jump up later as they added on new attractions.

They have to keep the myth alive just until next year; and then they can start marketing the heck out of the new additions.
They would obviously raise it after Star Wars opens...

DDLand

They would obviously raise it after Star Wars opens...
Indeed, they'll do that regardless. ;) However that's two years away, and they need to sustain margins here and now. Admitting you're selling a bad product is never first preference, and could negatively impact their short term performance.

I also think they can ultimately get away with a big increase when SWE opens on top of their already high admissions, as opposed to starting lower and moving from there.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I go 2 or 3 times a year.. 1 time is usually 4 or 5 days, and the other may just be a single day or 2(when I visit with the Rents and see Hermans Hermits usually).. so about 500$ total(When I go for the 4 or 5 days we stay at SOG and get those much cheaper park hoppers)

I actually mean tines as in number of pointy things on the end of the handle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom