News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
D23 has also shared some photos from inside the restaurant.

A mural inside Tiana’s Palace depicts the blue bayou from the film The Princess and the Frog.
A small shelf hanging on the wall at Tiana’s Palace contains cookbooks on top and pots hanging from hooks below. A green porceline bell hangs to one side, in the shape of a frog prince.

A bass drum sports the logo for the Dixieland jazz band Firefly Five Plus Lou at Tiana’s Palace.

mickEblu

Dang the menu looks good. Of course my pass just expired. All that gumbo, my only hope is they don’t ax the current gumbo at Cafe Orleans/ Blue Bayou. Yes I know people say it’s like the McDonalds version of gumbo but I like it and like McDonalds sometimes too.

Disney Analyst

Also this photo from D23 is lovely, looks very nice inside.

View attachment 738967

Based on this old photo I found:

1692818488664.png

It's a very light refresh inside. New light fixtures, added popcorn lights, I assume the flooring is likely new. They kept the wood unit in the back, but added some flowers and stuff to it.

No wonder this moved as fast as it did.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Everything is looking great so far. Dare I say that this character driven revamp appears to be an improvement for the park? We'll know when we try the menu I suppose, but it's refreshing to say so far so good.

I think any project that has Disney redo a menu is usually a win, most of the newer food offerings tend to look like improvements (to me... from a distance).

waltography

I was/am a French Market Restaurant apologist, but these new items look potentially outstanding. You know, for theme park food.

It’s clear they want this to succeed and have invested accordingly. It’ll be harder than ever to get a table; kind of hoping they devise a solution for that.
Very much agreed. That beignet looks delicious.

I hope Disney adds CMs to the entrances/exits like Universal does at Three Broomsticks. No tray of food = no table.

Not gonna lie, the gumbo, mac and cheese, and grits look suspicious. With that being said, this menu looks a lot better than what was there before and I look forward to trying some of the food. Gotta actually taste it before fully judging!
I've long given up on Disneyland mac and cheese, especially since not even the food festival versions are that good. I'l give the gumbo a shot (though I'm not sure I notice that much of a difference from what it was before 😅).

TP2000

Here's a first look at the menu for Tiana's Palace restaurant.

That menu looks great. I'm very happy with this change. :)

Assuming these new menu options also taste reasonably good to great, they needed this type of hit for themselves. But yet again, I'll get my dig in that this restaurant re-theme all should have been done to the French Market back in 2010 when Tiana was still fresh and happening in the cultural zeitgeist for Disney fans.

But... better late than never. About darn time, TDA.

Californian Elitist

I've long given up on Disneyland mac and cheese, especially since not even the food festival versions are that good. I'l give the gumbo a shot (though I'm not sure I notice that much of a difference from what it was before 😅).
I’d give all the food a shot, except the coleslaw (I dislike coleslaw in general). I would just go in with minimal expectations. That mac and cheese could actually be 🔥🔥, but it’s looking very mid in the photo lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom