News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I‘ve always thought it was meant to represent a wheelhouse and smokestacks too, what are they supposed to represent on her restaurant?
She took over a factory that had factory smoke stacks. She decorated them.... and my apologies to @mickEblu... as I'm pulling up still from the movie, we see it goes from this:

1690693690944.png

To this...

1690693738654.png

Since I didn't see anything that would scream 'steam riverboat' such as a paddlewheel or wrap around deck I thought it was just "palace themed."

But this shot from the movie does have the stacks and roof architecture copy a steamboat....

1690694235286.png

But the rest is clearly not steamboat themed.

Tiana's is a fusion restaurant.

Phroobar

Tiana must have spent millions on restoring that building. Look at all the new windows. There is a new roof and removing all that paint. She had to completely remodel the interior and add a kitchen. Not to mention the zoning changes, inspection permits and a large number of contractors. There is no way she could do this by herself or her co-op. Good thing she had Big Daddy as an investor.

TrainsOfDisney

Those aren't cartoony steamboat smokestacks. They're not any kind of steamboat smokestacks.

So, nice zinger!!
They are.
And the food wasn’t that great.
The food and entire experience here was a total mess in recent years. It used to be really good!!! The last couple times I went there the ordering process was very strange, they wanted you to order your food at the start of the line, even though it’s set up cafeteria style… it just seemed odd and like someone invented a system that never actually worked that location.

The food quality was very bad and the portion was crazy small for the price even by Disney standards.

If the food improves here it’s over all a win since the outdoor theming isn’t too crazy over the top, even though I did prefer the more historically correct look.

mickEblu

She took over a factory that had factory smoke stacks. She decorated them.... and my apologies to @mickEblu... as I'm pulling up still from the movie, we see it goes from this:

View attachment 734148

To this...

View attachment 734149

Since I didn't see anything that would scream 'steam riverboat' such as a paddlewheel or wrap around deck I thought it was just "palace themed."

But this shot from the movie does have the stacks and roof architecture copy a steamboat....

View attachment 734150

But the rest is clearly not steamboat themed.

Tiana's is a fusion restaurant.

No apology necessary. FWIW I think Tiana’s was executed nicely from the pics I’ve seen. I’ll need to see it in person to see how simpatico it is in the surrounding area. Just don’t like one of the last mostly IP free holdouts is being IPified. Especially a land that’s near perfect and exudes old school Disney charm.

Last edited:

J4546

looks great, I hope they are able to bring something like this to FL to tie the area together. Honestly, this entire project Im a fan of.

Californian Elitist

If they slap Tiana's name on the same mediocre gumbo, I'm starting a letter-writing campaign to City Hall. 😂 They're not dragging her good name on my watch.
Facts, tho! They keep going on these field trips to New Orleans... Some good quality Creole food should be served at the restaurant if they actually do their homework. And, as you mentioned, Tiana's recipes and food are known to be very tasty. If I see things like carrots, corn, and mushrooms in the gumbo that's only been seasoned with salt and pepper, I will for sure submit a negative review on Yelp and will encourage my friends to do the same. And if we're being honest, those beignets were never that good. That recipe should be replaced.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Facts, tho! They keep going on these field trips to New Orleans... Some good quality Creole food should be served at the restaurant if they actually do their homework. And, as you mentioned, Tiana's recipes and food are known to be very tasty. If I see things like carrots, corn, and mushrooms in the gumbo that's only been seasoned with salt and pepper, I will for sure submit a negative review on Yelp and will encourage my friends to do the same. And if we're being honest, those beignets were never that good. That recipe should be replaced.
I'm down for anything etouffee....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom