News Tiana’s Palace Coming to Disneyland Later this Year

TP2000

Pecos Bill is nearly twice the size and right across from TBA.

They can't touch that facility. There's a Pecos Bill series in development for Disney+.

Except for the Disney+ series, Pecos Bill is now a strong and independent young Latina named Pecos Buella who goes on leadership journeys each week to establish employee-owned food cooperatives in underserved West Texas communities.

Pecos Buella is going to be huge and really drive additional Disney+ subscriptions for '24.

Just not enough room in WDW for a Tiana's Palace, I'm afraid. :(

Epcot81Fan

They can't touch that facility. There's a Pecos Bill series in development for Disney+.

Except for the Disney+ series, Pecos Bill is now a strong and independent young Latina named Pecos Buella who goes on leadership journeys each week to establish employee-owned food cooperatives in underserved West Texas communities.

Pecos Buella is going to be huge and really drive additional Disney+ subscriptions for '24.

Just not enough room in WDW for a Tiana's Palace, I'm afraid. :(
You don’t get it.

Pecos Bill is huge and has been discovered and now beloved by new generations by countless hours of viewing on Disney+ and Pecos Bill merchandise is blowing up all over the world.

Last edited:

TP2000

"plant-based Heirloom Rice"  lol.

I missed that one, but that's a classic. 🤣

This thought occurred to me when looking at the new Tiana's Palace menu... how did all these people get so many food allergies? There's a separate Tiana's Palace menu for the following allergies;

Gluten/Wheat Allergy Menu
Egg Allergy Menu
Fish/Shellfish Allergy Menu
Milk Allergy Menu
Peanut/Tree Nut Allergy Menu
Soy Allergy Menu
Sesame Allergy Menu

I'm baffled. I'm an old guy, I've had a lot of friends over the decades, and I've loved to throw dinner parties and attend dinner parties. I have never known anyone who had a food allergy, much less voice that need to a host or hostess. In decades of hosting I've never even asked my guests if they're allergic to shrimp in the canape's, or milk in the potatoes dauphinoise, or sesame seeds on the July 4th barbecue hamburger buns. And no one has ever asked me.

There's a part of me that thinks it's really great that Disney offers these options. But then there's a part of me that is absolutely baffled that all these food allergies now exist and in my entire life I've never known a single person with any of them, much less had a party guest say "Does the pan sauce you are serving with the steak au poivre have soy sauce in it? I have a soy allergy."

Who are all these folks with all these food allergies, and how did we not know about them just 15 years ago??? 🤔

TP2000

You don’t get it.

Pecos Bill is huge and has been discovered and now beloved by new generations by countless hours of viewing on Disney+ and Pecos Bill merchandise is blowing up all over the world.

I must admit, I am totally out of it when it comes to what the kids are doing now.

That said, I'm looking forward to all those Pecos Bill costumes this Halloween (and the dueling Pecos Buella outfits from the girls)...

pecossmoke.jpg

milordsloth

This thought occurred to me when looking at the new Tiana's Palace menu... how did all these people get so many food allergies? There's a separate Tiana's Palace menu for the following allergies;

Egg Allergy Menu
Milk Allergy Menu
Soy Allergy Menu
Sesame Allergy Menu

I'm baffled. I'm an old guy, I've had a lot of friends over the decades, and I've loved to throw dinner parties and attend dinner parties. I have never known anyone who had a food allergy, much less voice that need to a host or hostess. In decades of hosting I've never even asked my guests if they're allergic to shrimp in the canape's, or milk in the potatoes dauphinoise, or sesame seeds on the July 4th barbecue hamburger buns. And no one has ever asked me.

There's a part of me that thinks it's really great that Disney offers these options. But then there's a part of me that is absolutely baffled that all these food allergies now exist and in my entire life I've never known a single person with any of them, much less had a party guest say "Does the pan sauce you are serving with the steak au poivre have soy sauce in it? I have a soy allergy."

Who are all these folks with all these food allergies, and how did we not know about them just 15 years ago??? 🤔

I actually have a friend that is allergic to soy, gluten, and dairy! Pretty crazy. He usually just brings his own food to parties.

PiratesMansion

Egg Allergy Menu
Milk Allergy Menu
Soy Allergy Menu
Sesame Allergy Menu

Couldn't begin to know/explain why, but every year as a teacher there's a healthy contingent of kids that have allergies or food restrictions. Usually peanuts and treenuts, but there's always several.

Adults aren't immune either. I've known a few people who, as adults, suddenly found that their body could no longer tolerate gluten.

Sometimes people bring their own stuff to compensate, but I really think it's more considerate as a host to ask about, and accommodate for, allergies in advance, rather than expect people with dietary needs to fend for themselves where food is concerned (assuming that it's an ingredient that's easy to plan around and/or excise from the menu).

I think it's great that Disney is proactive in offering menu items for people with food allergies, and works with guests that have restrictions so that everyone has something they can eat and enjoy. That sounds like ACTUAL World Class Guest Service to me!

Phroobar

Couldn't begin to know/explain why, but every year as a teacher there's a healthy contingent of kids that have allergies or food restrictions. Usually peanuts and treenuts, but there's always several.

Adults aren't immune either. I've known a few people who, as adults, suddenly found that their body could no longer tolerate gluten.

Sometimes people bring their own stuff to compensate, but I really think it's more considerate as a host to ask about, and accommodate for, allergies in advance, rather than expect people with dietary needs to fend for themselves where food is concerned (assuming that it's an ingredient that's easy to plan around and/or excise from the menu).

I think it's great that Disney is proactive in offering menu items for people with food allergies, and works with guests that have restrictions so that everyone has something they can eat and enjoy. That sounds like ACTUAL World Class Guest Service to me!
Having Gluten free options and allergies options sounds like basic hospitality to me. Even Mrs.Knotts has gluten free options.

TrainsOfDisney

Agreed. A few years ago my stomach couldn’t handle gluten well, Disney parks were absolutely some of the best places to order gluten free items from - it was very easy to see a GF menu and order accordingly.

While the prep time would be a little longer, the food came out fresh and was usually prepared by the chef vs. the line cooks - so a few wins.

Californian Elitist

Yep. Leading up to turning 30, I started having issues whenever I ate meat (especially red meat) and dairy, but I ignored them. I turned 30 last year and things got worse, but I continued to ignore the obvious. Thanksgiving of last year rolled around and that did it. I decided to experiment with veganism that next month in December, which then continued until April if this year. Not only did I lose weight, but all the issues I had went away. Thankfully, I don’t have a complete and total intolerance to meat and dairy, but I do have to watch how much I eat and for how long, or else things get bad.

It sucks de eloping food intolerances at any age, but it happens all the time and isn’t rare.

BuddyThomas

Egg Allergy Menu
Milk Allergy Menu
Soy Allergy Menu
Sesame Allergy Menu

The earth changes. There are a number of documentaries about this type of thing. People have died. It is not to be taken lightly.

TP2000

It's fascinating, isn't it? We just never had that when I was a kid. I didn't even hear about it until 20 years or so ago. Very, very odd.

Sure. But I haven't known any personally, or heard anyone speak up at a dinner party or at a restaurant with a group. So it's just odd for me.

Walt opened the French Market in July, 1966. Can you imagine going in there in '66 and saying to the hostess "Hi, we have a party of five and we'll need to see the Gluten Free Menu, the Egg Allergy Menu and the Sesame Allergy Menu, please." She would have had no idea what the heck you were talking about. 🤣

Walt Disney and two Cafe' Orleans hostesses in 1966 - Are there Tree Nuts or Sesame Oil in those eclairs, ladies?
tumblr_ptprfuclJj1ql71s9o1_500.jpg

Californian Elitist

It's fascinating, isn't it? We just never had that when I was a kid. I didn't even hear about it until 20 years or so ago. Very, very odd.

Sure. But I haven't known any personally, or heard anyone speak up at a dinner party or at a restaurant with a group. So it's just odd for me.

Walt opened the French Market in July, 1966. Can you imagine going in there in '66 and saying to the hostess "Hi, we have a party of five and we'll need to see the Gluten Free Menu, the Egg Allergy Menu and the Sesame Allergy Menu, please." She would have had no idea what the heck you were talking about. 🤣

Walt Disney and two Cafe' Orleans hostesses in 1966 - Are there Tree Nuts or Sesame Oil in those eclairs, ladies?
tumblr_ptprfuclJj1ql71s9o1_500.jpg
Were you actually there multiple times to confirm that hostesses had no clue what egg, sesame, and gluten free allergies were?

TP2000

The earth changes. There are a number of documentaries about this type of thing. People have died. It is not to be taken lightly.

I'm sure people have died from all sorts of allergies.

But Disneyland operated for decades and hosted hundreds of millions of people without setting up triage units in First Aid for the sesame seeds on the Tomorrowland Terrace hamburger buns.

Something changed. I just don't know what it is, and it's fascinating that Disneyland restaurants have to offer this service now.

TP2000

Were you actually there multiple times to confirm that hostesses had no clue what egg, sesame, and gluten free allergies were?

On opening day in July, 1966? No, I wasn't there that year.

But I can assure you that if you asked a 20 year old waitress in 1966, or 1986, or even 1996 if she could bring you the Sesame Allergy menu, she would have had absolutely no idea what you were talking about. 🤣

BuddyThomas

I'm sure people have died from all sorts of allergies.

But Disneyland operated for decades and hosted hundreds of millions of people without setting up triage units in First Aid for the sesame seeds on the Tomorrowland Terrace hamburger buns.

Something changed. I just don't know what it is, and it's fascinating that Disneyland restaurants have to offer this service now.

I can give you 20 or more articles like this but I doubt you will even look at this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom