Tiana's Showboat Jubilee extended?

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
While no official word has been given, it seems the phenomonal "Tiana's Showboat Jubilee" has been extended through June 2010. The new showtimes are reflected on the current calendar on the Disney World site.

friendofafriend

While no official word has been given, it seems the phenomonal "Tiana's Showboat Jubilee" has been extended through June 2010. The new showtimes are reflected on the current calendar on the Disney World site.

While I hope that this is in fact the case, I'm wary. I have a few friends in the show and the last they've heard- it is in fact ending on January 3rd. The hub still lists it as ending that day as well. Like I said, I'd love for it to be true, but we all know how reliable disneyworld.com isn't. :(

Brian_WDW74

There are several mixed signals about this. While the calendar on the disneyworld.com site lists the show as continuing, the actual Tiana's Showboat Jubilee! page still lists it as ending on January 3rd. On the other hand, disneyauditions.com says that auditions for Tiana (and other characters and performers) will be held on January 7th and 21st. But it doesn't specify in what capacity she will be appearing. So it's unclear at this point exactly what's going on. But I tend to agree with others who say that the show will be ending on the 3rd.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How do you figure this? It is on the official website. Isn't it pretty much set in stone?

Since I've been doing this site over the last 13 years, I've seen plenty of occasions where the official site gets things wrong regarding schedules and other details.

_Scar

Since I've been doing this site over the last 13 years, I've seen plenty of occasions where the official site gets things wrong regarding schedules and other details.

Aww... okay.

I really hope this is correct though. It's a breath of fresh air!

Exprcoofto

There are several mixed signals about this. While the calendar on the disneyworld.com site lists the show as continuing, the actual Tiana's Showboat Jubilee! page still lists it as ending on January 3rd. On the other hand, disneyauditions.com says that auditions for Tiana (and other characters and performers) will be held on January 7th and 21st. But it doesn't specify in what capacity she will be appearing. So it's unclear at this point exactly what's going on. But I tend to agree with others who say that the show will be ending on the 3rd.

Interesting. We will just have to wait and see... what does drew81 say?

Figments Friend

Wow..i hope this is extended...even if for just a few weeks. I am stopping over for a visit in late January, and would love to see this new entertainment option. I really like to check out the new shows, as the Ent Dept always does a awesome job....even when the material may not be that great ( think Cinderellabration...)

The current stage show, and the 'mini' parade before the 'real' parade are amoung my top live shows at the moment. I have heard nothing but praise and enthusiasim for the new 'Showboat' show...and i would love to experience it in person.

Anyone here in Entertainment that can comment on how the show is going over with those who have to perform it? The Guests seem to love it from what feedback i have come across, but i can't recall hearing any views from those directly involved in the daily execution of the Show.

I hope it is extended...it would be a plus i think.

friendofafriend

Anyone here in Entertainment that can comment on how the show is going over with those who have to perform it? The Guests seem to love it from what feedback i have come across, but i can't recall hearing any views from those directly involved in the daily execution of the Show.

I hope it is extended...it would be a plus i think.

I'm not currently in entertainment, but I know some of the performers. They love doing the show and are sad its coming to an end. There has been talk of it returning in the Spring for the dvd release but I haven't heard anything about it being extended beyond January 3rd. It is my understanding that a large percentage of the cast including Tiana are college program and they are all leaving on Jan. 4. If the show were to be extended beyond the 3rd they would have to be doing overnight rehearsals now, I haven't heard of any going on. I suppose there could have been a change that took place over the last few days, but unfortunately I really think disneyworld.com is just wrong.

I'm sure Drew will chime in soon.

TimNRA757

I hope it does end. I want my favorite deck on the Liberty Belle back! Heh.
On another note, anyone know what's happening on World Drive tonight? Our bus driver is taking a detour to MK.

drew81

I'm not currently in entertainment, but I know some of the performers. They love doing the show and are sad its coming to an end. There has been talk of it returning in the Spring for the dvd release but I haven't heard anything about it being extended beyond January 3rd. It is my understanding that a large percentage of the cast including Tiana are college program and they are all leaving on Jan. 4. If the show were to be extended beyond the 3rd they would have to be doing overnight rehearsals now, I haven't heard of any going on. I suppose there could have been a change that took place over the last few days, but unfortunately I really think disneyworld.com is just wrong.

I'm sure Drew will chime in soon.

Yes, you are right. The show is closing January 3rd. It could come back in the spring...maybe. Tiana and Naveen will continue to do meet n greets while Dr Facilier and Louis will still not be available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom