Tiana's Showboat Jubilee extended?

SoccerMickey

I honestly don't know how much merit this rumor I heard the night has but it makes sense so I thought I'd pass it on: one of the reasons Tiana's Showboat Jubilee will not return is because Jim B, the area manager of Adventureland/liberty Square attractions fought for it to not be extended. According to what I heard from people close to him, he did not like how it interfered with the operations of the riverboat and the extra downtime the riverboat staff was getting paid for.
Another rumor floating around is that he, and I would imagine a small group of execs are trying to kill the riverboat in either 2011 or 2012 as it is too expensive to run and does not come close to reaching capacity on any of it's voyages. There always been a long standing rumor that the Admiral Joe Fowler was sabotaged and dropped on purpose so that it couldn't be repaired when it was pulled out of the river years ago and if during any of the Liberty Bell's refurbs if they decide to take it out of the river it will probably not come back.

SirGoofy

I honestly don't know how much merit this rumor I heard the night has but it makes sense so I thought I'd pass it on: one of the reasons Tiana's Showboat Jubilee will not return is because Jim B, the area manager of Adventureland/liberty Square attractions fought for it to not be extended. According to what I heard from people close to him, he did not like how it interfered with the operations of the riverboat and the extra downtime the riverboat staff was getting paid for.
Another rumor floating around is that he, and I would imagine a small group of execs are trying to kill the riverboat in either 2011 or 2012 as it is too expensive to run and does not come close to reaching capacity on any of it's voyages. There always been a long standing rumor that the Admiral Joe Fowler was sabotaged and dropped on purpose so that it couldn't be repaired when it was pulled out of the river years ago and if during any of the Liberty Bell's refurbs if they decide to take it out of the river it will probably not come back.

Haven't heard any of this, but I would not be surprised about any of it.

SoccerMickey

Haven't heard any of this, but I would not be surprised about any of it.

Was hoping you would chime in on that one as you seem to stay close with s lot of people from that area. Since I'm not in that area anymore I kind of lost touch. Was looking for some validation on the rumor but I agree that it doesn't sound too far fetched knowing how that area is run.

Exprcoofto

Horrible!!!:fork:

Whom do we write to? A river boat is essential to a MK Park....

Then you wouldn't like HKDL. lol

Honestly, if the land could be used wisely, then I wouldn't go crazy. But if it was left as an empty river... then that makes no sense. I could see a possibility of them leaving the front part of the river that faces Fland and LS, leave the boat stationary, and then that have a big area for an expansion (covering TSI, the rest of RoA, and the area behind IASW). Obviously won't happen though.

nemofinder22

Wow talk about wanting to sink to a whole new low(literally too lol):cry: I really hope this is false, otherwise MK's ROA will be the saddest ROA.

While were talking rumors, heres one I havent heard :shrug:before.http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/01/farewell-to-tianas-showboat-jubilee-but-is-it-paris-bound/
In the meantime, a cast member told me this weekend she had heard that the show was going to Disneyland Paris, and Disney World’s costumes would be sent over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom