Tiana's Riverboat Party with Festival of Fantasy Parade viewing coming soon

ToTBellHop

Bingo.

As my friend @George likes to say though, Disney could charge for basically anything, and there would be a certain subset of people lining up to throw money at them. Special event in which instead of a fake camel spitting water at you, a real camel spits in your face! Sign me up! Special event where you get private access to the sewer system for a dessert party? Sign me up right now!
TMNT themed?

Bandini

Paragraphs are you friend.
Boy, couldn't have said it better myself. I stopped reading after the first 3 sentences.

Additionally, I don't think being a CM gives a poster any more cache than being a guest. Actually, I think a guest's opinion of WDW is more important, since we're the ones who are spending our disposable income there.

Bandini

Bingo.

As my friend @George likes to say though, Disney could charge for basically anything, and there would be a certain subset of people lining up to throw money at them. Special event in which instead of a fake camel spitting water at you, a real camel spits in your face! Sign me up! Special event where you get private access to the sewer system for a dessert party? Sign me up right now!
It reminds me of the animal shaped scat Disney tried selling at the AK. I remember some posters ooohing and aahing over it. It was pretty amazing.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Boy, couldn't have said it better myself. I stopped reading after the first 3 sentences.

Additionally, I don't think being a CM gives a poster any more cache than being a guest. Actually, I think a guest's opinion of WDW is more important, since we're the ones who are spending our disposable income there.

Well, they aren't sharing their opinion. As a cast member they see thousands of guests a day and observe guest behavior. They learn general guest opinions that way. So, this cast member probably knows significantly more about guest opinions than a couple people on a fan board. What this person observed lines up with what my friends who run tours in Magic Kingdom ovserved.

Why are you just ignoring the observations of the people who are in the park on daily basis interacting with hundreds of not thousands of guests a day? Is it just because it disagrees with what you think is true?

Sidenote: Id love a tiana restaurant, but liberty square would not be a good fit. Maybe over by Pirates could work.

Luxe

Sorry but a CM doesn't have any grounds saying that Disney will never close down a popular ride for a dessert party. It's entirely possible that it might or might not happen at any point in time.

Bandini

Why are you just ignoring the observations of the people who are in the park on daily basis interacting with hundreds of not thousands of guests a day? Is it just because it disagrees with what you think is true?

Because the front line CM's are not making the decisions, the bean counters are. Additionally, I doubt the front line CM's are consulted on many decisions, Disney seems to rely on guest surveys. Some of the time the CM's know less about what's going on in the parks than the people on the forums,

Brad Bishop

Because the front line CM's are not making the decisions, the bean counters are. Additionally, I doubt the front line CM's are consulted on many decisions, Disney seems to rely on guest surveys. Some of the time the CM's know less about what's going on in the parks than the people on the forums,

I haven't taken one but I remember the guest surveys are loaded like:

What would you pay for a Meet & Greet Ice Cream Party Exclusive VIP Event on TSI:
- $200
- $175
- $150

...and no option to say, "No, that sucks," so they get people coming back with $150/head for a ice cream party on TSI and the bean counters can say, "It's what they asked for!"

Zipadeelady

Ok. I was wrong. I take back my statement about how this is a good idea. You all were right, I was wrong.

After reading a review on another site and looking at all the photos of the parade viewing and the treats I have to say this is horrible. I will think twice before giving my opinion. :oops:

Bandini

Ok. I was wrong. I take back my statement about how this is a good idea. You all were right, I was wrong.

After reading a review on another site and looking at all the photos of the parade viewing and the treats I have to say this is horrible. I will think twice before giving my opinion. :oops:
Why should you hesitate to give an opinion? I'm impressed that you came back to say you were wrong.

Zipadeelady

Why should you hesitate to give an opinion? I'm impressed that you came back to say you were wrong.
Wellllll. It's not so much that I hesitate to give my opinion here but when I heard about this I thought it sounded like a great experience and didn't understand why there were so many negative posts. I think it could've been great but what I heard and read it seemed like a waste of money. I mean could you imagine dancing around with Tiana or sight seeing with Naveen. It could've been a great experience and If they would've parked the Riverboat so that you could actually have a good view of the parade, now that would've been nice.

I do think my opinion still differs a bit on whether Disney should offer these types of extra expenses.

Now the extra cost for a quicker bus ride to park hop is ridiculous.

Jon81uk

Wellllll. It's not so much that I hesitate to give my opinion here but when I heard about this I thought it sounded like a great experience and didn't understand why there were so many negative posts. I think it could've been great but what I heard and read it seemed like a waste of money. I mean could you imagine dancing around with Tiana or sight seeing with Naveen. It could've been a great experience and If they would've parked the Riverboat so that you could actually have a good view of the parade, now that would've been nice.

I do think my opinion still differs a bit on whether Disney should offer these types of extra expenses.

Now the extra cost for a quicker bus ride to park hop is ridiculous.

Looking at the pictures I think its impossible to park the riverboat so you have a good view of the parade, they did the best they could and it still didn't work. There was also reports of Tiana leading children in a parade round the boat, reviews seemed fairly positive on the characters, its the view thats poor.

SandraAnn

There is so much room for upsells involving characters
Just slowly take them out of the parks and then add them back in for $$$
Even Naveen, as an example, now you can only meet him on this boat
It's an extension of character meals but those were limited to restaurants which seemed less offensive

Zipadeelady

Looking at the pictures I think its impossible to park the riverboat so you have a good view of the parade, they did the best they could and it still didn't work. There was also reports of Tiana leading children in a parade round the boat, reviews seemed fairly positive on the characters, its the view thats poor.
I like hearing that Tiana interacted more than what i had read. From what I read it seemed like they basically stood for photos. So that's a plus. You probably are right about the view. On paper is seemed like a good idea.

Cardinals314

Overall this event is just a terrible idea that's not worth the money. You would have to eat over 20 dollars worth of snacks and then consider that meeting tiana on the dock and boat is worth 30 dollars.

For a slightly lesser price you can have a three course meal at Tony's and have a prime reserved seating area on main street. Yes the food may not be that great but it's sure better than some snacks.

The viewing of the parade on the boat is far away to where it's hard to hear the music and you lose the interactions with characters in the parade if you sit close. If you want a free distant view of the parade, tomorrowland terrace is the spot to watch.

Hopefully this event dies out fast.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

I still really like the concept. It fits Tiana remarkably well but the execution (bad viewing spot, no autographs) just sounds miserable. I wouldn't mind seeing the boat turned into a dining experience if done right (Tiana-centic breakfast/dinner before or after boat operating hours with live performances, jazz band, Mardi Gras theming with genuinely exclusive characters like Charlotte or Mama Odie) and I absolutely would cough up however much it would cost to enjoy something like that. That said, I can't see any worth in this party as it stands.

Jon81uk

I still really like the concept. It fits Tiana remarkably well but the execution (bad viewing spot, no autographs) just sounds miserable. I wouldn't mind seeing the boat turned into a dining experience if done right (Tiana-centic breakfast/dinner before or after boat operating hours with live performances, jazz band, Mardi Gras theming with genuinely exclusive characters like Charlotte or Mama Odie) and I absolutely would cough up however much it would cost to enjoy something like that. That said, I can't see any worth in this party as it stands.

Yes, Tiana and Naveens New Orleans breakfast party could be great. You could get the benefits of the early morning fantasyland entry (selected rides until 9am) and then breakfast and a meet from 9am to 10am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom