Tiana's Riverboat Party with Festival of Fantasy Parade viewing coming soon

JohnD

Okay. Watched the video. It's not as bad as some make it out to be. The clearest view is after the floats clear trees on the right as they come into Liberty Square. Then there are some thin trees and a light post. But look quick because the floats turn right and head toward the hub.

Another thing. Watching the video, I definitely felt far removed from the parade because, well, you are. The intimacy of being right on the parade route is lost. If they had to do a party, I would rather partake in the treats, etc. first then be walked to a viewing area along the route.

Brad Bishop

I don't understand how you can still miss my point. I picked HM as a random attraction(that happens to be near the river boat). The actual attraction is absolutely irrelevant. I could have said 7DMT, TTA, Mickey Mouse M&G, Winnie the Pooh, Splash Mountain, Monsters Inc, Tea Cups and it would still apply...

Some other examples could be:

The train: It's rarely at capacity. What if they had a $100 up-charge event twice a day where you got ice cream and met some characters at each station?

Jungle Cruise: They've already done this with Jungle Cruise Breakfast at $300/head (DL) I think.. It's often a walk-on or nearly so. What if they closed it down 3 times a day for a very special up-charge event where you got to ride around, eat ice cream, and then met Tarzan?

"Well, I hardly ever ride the train and if I wanted to ride it then I could just ride it earlier or later in the day..."
"Well, I hardly ever ride the Jungle Cruise so I wouldn't miss much. It's a great way to monetize the ride and I may even consider it if they up-charge for it."

It baffles me that the management is doing this because the long-term effects aren't going to be good. They used to be concerned about the experience and looked for people having a good experience and the word-of-mouth spreading about what a great time they had. Now they don't care if people say, "Yeah, I went to WDW and payed $100/day and then I got to pay $150/head for an after hours party and then got to pay $70/head for a special breakfast event and then got to pay $50/head for a very special ice cream event and then go to pay $90/head so I could stay in the park during the holiday in the evening after I had already paid for admission and then I got to pay $150/head for a very special "around the world" Monorail dining event and then I got to pay for...." It also baffles me how many people excuse quite literally everything Disney does with these cash grabs.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

The train: It's rarely at capacity. What if they had a $100 up-charge event twice a day where you got ice cream and met some characters at each station?

Jungle Cruise: They've already done this with Jungle Cruise Breakfast at $300/head (DL) I think.. It's often a walk-on or nearly so. What if they closed it down 3 times a day for a very special up-charge event where you got to ride around, eat ice cream, and then met Tarzan?

"Well, I hardly ever ride the train and if I wanted to ride it then I could just ride it earlier or later in the day..."
"Well, I hardly ever ride the Jungle Cruise so I wouldn't miss much. It's a great way to monetize the ride and I may even consider it if they up-charge for it."

It baffles me that the management is doing this because the long-term effects aren't going to be good. They used to be concerned about the experience and looked for people having a good experience and the word-of-mouth spreading about what a great time they had. Now they don't care if people say, "Yeah, I went to WDW and payed $100/day and then I got to pay $150/head for an after hours party and then got to pay $70/head for a special breakfast event and then got to pay $50/head for a very special ice cream event and then go to pay $90/head so I could stay in the park during the holiday in the evening after I had already paid for admission and then I got to pay $150/head for a very special "around the world" Monorail dining event and then I got to pay for...." It also baffles me how many people excuse quite literally everything Disney does with these cash grabs.
I haven't seen Jungle Cruise under a half hour wait in years. And the train has multiple trains running and people getting on and off at multiple stops AND it's transport around the park.

There is no comparison between thd riverboat and any other ride. It's not busy, it's not a particularly beloved ride (people like to look at it, not ride it), and it's expensive. I agree it shouldn't close, but this just is not on the same level as anything else in the park. Honestly, when was the last time you rode it?

Cletus

I haven't seen Jungle Cruise under a half hour wait in years. And the train has multiple trains running and people getting on and off at multiple stops AND it's transport around the park.

There is no comparison between thd riverboat and any other ride. It's not busy, it's not a particularly beloved ride (people like to look at it, not ride it), and it's expensive. I agree it shouldn't close, but this just is not on the same level as anything else in the park. Honestly, when was the last time you rode it?
You haven't seen Jungle Cruise under 30 minutes since Tragicbands were introduced. There is your culprit. Same goes for Haunted Mansion.

Cletus

It can on occasion:

jungle_cruise_waits.jpg
On occasions, yes. But since the introduction of Tragicbands, those occasions are not as frequent as before.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
What I don't see here is TSI. Vastly undermonitized in the new scheme of things. It has a captive audience and costs to run so why isn't is the same as Liberty Belle? @peter11435
I would assume the costs to run tom Sawyer are pretty minimal. it's just an island and a small raft to get there. I'm no expert in cost though. I'd imagine Tom Sawyer can't cost much more than the tree house.

Bandini

Since FP+, we go on the Riverboat on every visit. It is one of the few attractions without a long wait. Also, every time I've ridden it, the boat is pretty full. So just because you don't ride it doesn't mean no one does.

Since FP+, we visit the Tiki Room, HOP, COP, and Riverboat. I was under the impression that this was a goal of FP+: to distribute crowds throughout the attractions. Well, Disney succeeded and now it's on them to maintain these attractions, Riverboat included.

drizgirl

I would assume the costs to run tom Sawyer are pretty minimal. it's just an island and a small raft to get there. I'm no expert in cost though. I'd imagine Tom Sawyer can't cost much more than the tree house.

But think of all the ways that piece of prime real estate COULD be making money. So in essence, it's lack of revenue could be all it takes to cause it's demise.

I wonder how many tents they could fit in there.......

Malrora73

Ok, I get that people are upset about another surcharge event however, in the long run, being a cast member and knowing how Disney works, especially when it comes to food and beverage this is actually probably a good thing. Let me explain why. First, Disney wants to make every QSR restaurant in Disney to have the same style of service as Be Our Guest where you order your food first, find a seat, grab drinks and silverware and then your food is brought to you. The reason for this is because of the way most QSR restaurant s are set up. When busy the line of people waiting to get their food backs up the line of people ordering their food. I know for a fact that there has been talk about a Tiana's Palace restaurant and Liberty Square was one of the possible location. Chances are they would make it with the same style of service as Be Our Guest. There is a very good possibility this is a test. Second, as a cast member I can also tell you without a doubt that if something is popular, as in Haunted Mansion or POTC popular it will not be closed down for a dessert . I have also been to the park multiple times as I have worked there for six years. I have also gotten families in that I know for free, from my home town, families with little kids. Usually they are only there for one day in each park. If they want a fifth day in the parks I recommend a second MK day. That being said the Liberty Bell has never been on our list because of they want to ride a boat we usually just ride the one into the park. These are also first time families. None of them has ever regretted missing the ferry boat, especially when due to time limits and the parade the choice was that or Haunted Mansion. If those families could afford it I am sure they would rather ride Haunted Mansion right before checking in, watch the parade from the ferry boat, ride the ferry boat, and meet Tiana all in one go. That's two queue lines they don't have to stand in, a huge crazy crowd they don't have to deal with for the parade, and ice cream that they again don't have to stand in line for before or after the parade. I personally know a lot of people who would be willing to pay more for that option. If you don't want to that's fine, but if it's popular and it results in a Tiana's Palace restaurant, which could help alleviate some of the pressure on Pecos Bill's, then I say go for it. Especially if that also leads to an elaborately themed POTC Tortuga Tavern restaurant. Yes, they may require reservations after the first year but for those who have never eaten at Be Our Guest it will help open up reservations. So by doing this I think they are looking at the big picture, at least for their target audience, families with kids. The goal is to make guests want to come back. Since I have planned trips for multiple first time families I can tell you right now this is not going to ruin their experience. If they can afford to do it, it could possibly improve it. Especially if they can get a fastpass to HM right before and Splash or BTM right after. If those fastpasses were included it would make it even more worth it.

drizgirl

Ok, I get that people are upset about another surcharge event however, in the long run, being a cast member and knowing how Disney works, especially when it comes to food and beverage this is actually probably a good thing. Let me explain why. First, Disney wants to make every QSR restaurant in Disney to have the same style of service as Be Our Guest where you order your food first, find a seat, grab drinks and silverware and then your food is brought to you. The reason for this is because of the way most QSR restaurant s are set up. When busy the line of people waiting to get their food backs up the line of people ordering their food. I know for a fact that there has been talk about a Tiana's Palace restaurant and Liberty Square was one of the possible location. Chances are they would make it with the same style of service as Be Our Guest. There is a very good possibility this is a test. Second, as a cast member I can also tell you without a doubt that if something is popular, as in Haunted Mansion or POTC popular it will not be closed down for a dessert . I have also been to the park multiple times as I have worked there for six years. I have also gotten families in that I know for free, from my home town, families with little kids. Usually they are only there for one day in each park. If they want a fifth day in the parks I recommend a second MK day. That being said the Liberty Bell has never been on our list because of they want to ride a boat we usually just ride the one into the park. These are also first time families. None of them has ever regretted missing the ferry boat, especially when due to time limits and the parade the choice was that or Haunted Mansion. If those families could afford it I am sure they would rather ride Haunted Mansion right before checking in, watch the parade from the ferry boat, ride the ferry boat, and meet Tiana all in one go. That's two queue lines they don't have to stand in, a huge crazy crowd they don't have to deal with for the parade, and ice cream that they again don't have to stand in line for before or after the parade. I personally know a lot of people who would be willing to pay more for that option. If you don't want to that's fine, but if it's popular and it results in a Tiana's Palace restaurant, which could help alleviate some of the pressure on Pecos Bill's, then I say go for it. Especially if that also leads to an elaborately themed POTC Tortuga Tavern restaurant. Yes, they may require reservations after the first year but for those who have never eaten at Be Our Guest it will help open up reservations. So by doing this I think they are looking at the big picture, at least for their target audience, families with kids. The goal is to make guests want to come back. Since I have planned trips for multiple first time families I can tell you right now this is not going to ruin their experience. If they can afford to do it, it could possibly improve it. Especially if they can get a fastpass to HM right before and Splash or BTM right after. If those fastpasses were included it would make it even more worth it.

Paragraphs are you friend.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Bingo.

As my friend @George likes to say though, Disney could charge for basically anything, and there would be a certain subset of people lining up to throw money at them. Special event in which instead of a fake camel spitting water at you, a real camel spits in your face! Sign me up! Special event where you get private access to the sewer system for a dessert party? Sign me up right now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom