Tiana's Riverboat Party with Festival of Fantasy Parade viewing coming soon

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But it doesn't have to affect anyone. The big picture is that it's only a small portion of the day that the riverboat is closed. I don't think it's selfish to think that I'm not bothered because I could just ride the riverboat before or after. The big picture in my opinion is that it's closed for a couple of hours, and I don't need to ride it during that specific time anyway. I can't imagine there are people who go to the Magic Kingdom thinking that they absolutely must get on the riverboat between those times.

Because the Liberty Belle only operates a MAXIMUM of 12 hours a day, That translates to 25-40% of the available time for this attraction, Hardly a 'small amount' of time relative to overall attraction operation.

DisneyDebRob

Comparison: Say you had the Disney Dining plan, but whenever you went to a restaurant, for 3 hours of that day, you wouldn't be able to order one of the dishes unless you paid an extra $49 on top of the meal credit you already paid for. Yes, you can order something else, but there's still no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to order that dish when it was previously available all day without paying a premium.

Edit: In other words, it's slowly slipping stuff that was previously included behind a pay wall
I believe, in your comparison,we wouldn't even be allowed in that restaurant for those 3 hours. Very good point.

GiveMeTheMusic

When people follow my example and STOP VISITING WDW, The only thing that's going to stop this tide is gate clicks declining by a large amount.

Declining gate clicks will only accelerate upcharges to take advantage of whoever is still showing up. The only way to kill an upcharge event is to not buy any tickets for it. MK After Hours is a great example of what happens to an event no one buys tickets to - it dies.

Cletus

When people follow my example and STOP VISITING WDW, The only thing that's going to stop this tide is gate clicks declining by a large amount.
Personally, our family has taken that stance. The SECOND Tragicbands were rumored we were out. We went twice a year for a week at a time for 10 years straight. We stayed onsite, bought meals onsite (always rented a car because I will be damned if I waste my time with their transportation), so we were loyalists. Hell, I was six years old and visited the first year they opened and every year afterward until I was eighteen.

I am member of this site because I have hope that they might turn it around someday and I want to be here to see it. Unfortunately, I lose more faith everyday.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Personally, our family has taken that stance. The SECOND Tragicbands were rumored we were out. We went twice a year for a week at a time for the last 10 years. We stayed onsite, bought meals onsite (always rented a car because I will be damned if I waste my time with their transportation), so we were loyalists. Hell, I was six years old and visited the first year they opened and every year afterward until I was eighteen.

I am member of this site because I have hope that they might turn it around someday and I want to be here to see it. Unfortunately, I lose more faith everyday.

You sound a lot like me with the same vacation patterns but once the Mouse Arrest Bands hit it was all downhill from there, I refer to myself as a recovering Pixie Duster.

BrittanyRose428

You're completely missing the point. If they shut down HM for 4 hours a day and only gave you access during that time if you pay $50 and they give you a cupcake while you ride, would you say it doesn't affect anyone?
I think it's hard to compare one of the most popular attractions in the park to an attraction that is almost never running at capacity. I guess I just didn't know there were so many people who were super passionate about the riverboat. I appreciate the riverboat and enjoy doing it occasionally, but I don't think having it close for 4 hours a day is anything close to what it would be like to have HM be closed like that. If HM were closed for 4 hours, the lines would be crazier the rest of the day to make up for all of the people who couldn't ride it then-- the riverboat will still probably not be at capacity.

note2001

You sound a lot like me with the same vacation patterns but once the Mouse Arrest Bands hit it was all downhill from there, I refer to myself as a recovering Pixie Duster.

You're in the wrong forum for that. AA, or in this case PDA meets two doors down. They focus on life after Disney, and outside of Disney. Focusing on the drink... I mean pixie dust only increases the longing.

Cletus

I think it's hard to compare one of the most popular attractions in the park to an attraction that is almost never running at capacity. I guess I just didn't know there were so many people who were super passionate about the riverboat. I appreciate the riverboat and enjoy doing it occasionally, but I don't think having it close for 4 hours a day is anything close to what it would be like to have HM be closed like that. If HM were closed for 4 hours, the lines would be crazier the rest of the day to make up for all of the people who couldn't ride it then-- the riverboat will still probably not be at capacity.
It's the principle, not necessarily the "attraction ". I think that's the point you aren't understanding. Remember when they first started their upcharge events and everyone thought "that kinda sounds neat"? Yeah...now they shove them down our throats and cut park hours to accommodate them. What happens when other attractions are compromised ?

Luxe

I don't understand how you can still miss my point. I picked HM as a random attraction(that happens to be near the river boat). The actual attraction is absolutely irrelevant. I could have said 7DMT, TTA, Mickey Mouse M&G, Winnie the Pooh, Splash Mountain, Monsters Inc, Tea Cups and it would still apply...

BrittanyRose428

It's the principle, not necessarily the "attraction ". I think that's the point you aren't understanding. Remember when they first started their upcharge events and everyone thought "that kinda sounds neat"? Yeah...now they shove them down our throats and cut park hours to accommodate them. What happens when other attractions are compromised ?
Actually I do understand that, it just isn't what I was saying in my initial post. I've already said that I totally understand the argument against upcharge events. My original post was just saying that people are acting like they're not able to go on the riverboat at all, which isn't the case. I know it could theoretically be other attractions, but none of us can predict that-- I was giving my opinion that I could just go on the riverboat before or after it's closed and move on with my day. Just an opinion lol.

BrittanyRose428

I don't understand how you can still miss my point. I picked HM as a random attraction(that happens to be near the river boat). The actual attraction is absolutely irrelevant. I could have said 7DMT, TTA, Mickey Mouse M&G, Winnie the Pooh, Splash Mountain, Monsters Inc, Tea Cups and it would still apply...
I understand your point, I just feel that holding all other things equal, you can still ride it before or after it's closed. (And it would be completely different than almost any other attraction in the park being closed, not having Fastpass vs. standby lines, or any real line for that matter, and the hourly capacity of the riverboat with how many people typically go on it would make a world of difference. Closing other rides for four hours would cause much more of a backup). Anyway, all I'm doing here is stating my opinion that I'm not super bothered by it because if I want to ride the riverboat I can still do that. It's totally fine that you disagree, that's why we're on a discussion forum... to discuss opinions that may be different. I understood the first time, however my personal opinion is that this will make little/no difference in the way I tour the park.

Luxe

I understand your point, I just feel that holding all other things equal, you can still ride it before or after it's closed. (And it would be completely different than almost any other attraction in the park being closed, not having Fastpass vs. standby lines, or any real line for that matter, and the hourly capacity of the riverboat with how many people typically go on it would make a world of difference. Closing other rides for four hours would cause much more of a backup). Anyway, all I'm doing here is stating my opinion that I'm not super bothered by it because if I want to ride the riverboat I can still do that. It's totally fine that you disagree, that's why we're on a discussion forum... to discuss opinions that may be different. I understood the first time, however my personal opinion is that this will make little/no difference in the way I tour the park.
"Doesn't directly affect me, don't care."

See ya real soon, you know, when it does...

BrittanyRose428

"Doesn't directly affect me, don't care."

See ya real soon, you know, when it does...
=/ Once again: My original post simply stated that people are acting like they cannot ride the riverboat, when they still can, and in my personal opinion I'm not super bothered by it because while visiting the park I (and everyone else since that apparently wasn't evident) will still have plenty of time to ride it. I'm not trying to give off a "not my problem" sort of attitude here, I'm just saying that it really shouldn't have such an impact on your day in the park as there is plenty of time to ride it before or after. It's totally fine if you disagree, but you could just say that instead of making up quotes for me and using sarcasm.

Disneyhead'71

=/ Once again: My original post simply stated that people are acting like they cannot ride the riverboat, when they still can, and in my personal opinion I'm not super bothered by it because while visiting the park I (and everyone else since that apparently wasn't evident) will still have plenty of time to ride it. I'm not trying to give off a "not my problem" sort of attitude here, I'm just saying that it really shouldn't have such an impact on your day in the park as there is plenty of time to ride it before or after. It's totally fine if you disagree, but you could just say that instead of making up quotes for me and using sarcasm.

I really don't see the minimal closure of this particular attraction to be an huge issue. But the principle of closing an attraction during regular operating hours for an Upcharge event really is off putting. Yeah, it just the Riverboat now, but what's to stop them from selling upcharge "pirate cruises" from 11a-8p? You can still ride PotC before and after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom