Tiana's Riverboat Party with Festival of Fantasy Parade viewing coming soon

Bandini

I understand how these cash grabs are a bit overwhelming and sometimes down right baffling. That being said, no one is holding a gun to your head to partake in them. If some people want to spend their money on these "upgrades" then so be it. I wouldn't personally but I'm not going to deter someone else from doing so.

Buy yourself an ice cream on Main Street, grab a spot to watch the parade, and bam, you just saved 40 dollars. Problem solved for the deterrents of this cash grab.
I guess I wouldn't care if Disney wasn't taking away stuff from the general public. For example: the Riverboat is no longer available from 1:30- 4pm daily. That cuts into my time. Areas where my family used to watch parades and fireworks are now roped off for "up charge events" So, yes this does detract from my experience.

Cletus

I understand how these cash grabs are a bit overwhelming and sometimes down right baffling. That being said, no one is holding a gun to your head to partake in them. If some people want to spend their money on these "upgrades" then so be it. I wouldn't personally but I'm not going to deter someone else from doing so.

Buy yourself an ice cream on Main Street, grab a spot to watch the parade, and bam, you just saved 40 dollars. Problem solved for the deterrents of this cash grab.
But that means I just paid $9 for freaking ice cream! ;)

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I guess I wouldn't care if Disney wasn't taking away stuff from the general public. For example: the Riverboat is no longer available from 1:30- 4pm daily. That cuts into my time. Areas where my family used to watch parades and fireworks are now roped off for "up charge events" So, yes this does detract from my experience.
So that's the only area to watch parades from? There are no other good vantage points to watch fireworks from aside from the areas that are roped off? There's no other times besides 1:30-4:00PM to ride the Riverboat? Come on now....

Luxe

No, that is not "problem solved". Once again, another poster completely missing the point. Your argument is invalid because these uncharge events ARE directly impacting the regular guest who already paid hundreds just to get into the park. It's not even an upgrade, it's taking away something that you always had access to and then upcharging for the exact same thing. Just because you don't see the problem here doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Luxe

So that's the only area to watch parades from? There are no other good vantage points to watch fireworks from aside from the areas that are roped off? There's no other times besides 1:30-4:00PM to ride the Riverboat? Come on now....
Maybe Disney will start booking birthday parties every day during park hours where your favourite attractions such as SM, HM or Splash are closed to the general guest from 1:00pm-5:00pm. It's ok though because you can ride before 1:00pm or after 5:00pm right? What's the problem here? It clearly doesn't affect me. :banghead:

Bandini

Is there another place like the train station that has that same view? No. But you just don't get it: things are being taken away from the general public. I'm glad it doesn't effect you, but it effects me and my family.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
No, that is not "problem solved". Once again, another poster completely missing the point. Your argument is invalid because these uncharge events ARE directly impacting the regular guest who already paid hundreds just to get into the park. It's not even an upgrade, it's taking away something that you always had access to and then upcharging for the exact same thing. Just because you don't see the problem here doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I completely disagree. This is just trying to create a problem from nothing or complaining about every little thing Disney does. When have you ever been able to have dessert or do the meet and greet on the Riverboat? Yes I get the fact that the Riverboat will be closed for a few hours and that could be inconvenient (let's just overlook the fact that the park is open for roughly 12 hours overall). You know what would be cause for outcry, if Disney charged you an extra fee to enter TomorrowLand or any other land between a set time frame for an "upcharge" event.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Maybe Disney will start booking birthday parties every day during park hours where your favourite attractions such as SM, HM or Splash are closed to the general guest from 1:00pm-5:00pm. It's ok though because you can ride before 1:00pm or after 5:00pm right? What's the problem here? It clearly doesn't affect me. :banghead:
You're comparing apples to oranges when it comes to attractions.

Luxe

I completely disagree. This is just trying to create a problem from nothing or complaining about every little thing Disney does. When have you ever been able to have dessert or do the meet and greet on the Riverboat? Yes I get the fact that the Riverboat will be closed for a few hours and that could be inconvenient (let's just overlook the fact that the park is open for roughly 12 hours overall). You know what would be cause for outcry, if Disney charged you an extra fee to enter TomorrowLand or any other land between a set time frame for an "upcharge" event.
Right over your head. Attractions are being closed to regular guests and being upcharged in the MIDDLE of the day. Any competent person could see the trend going on in Disney lately which makes events like these a problem. Take off your rose coloured glasses and take a look what is actually being done in the parks, you might be rather shocked.

drizgirl

The attraction is irrelevant. I guarantee there are tons of people who find the riverboat just as good, if not better than the classic E tickets. Just because you don't doesn't make the problem non-existent.

There are only so many non-FP things you can do in the MK these days. You need things to fill in between FP times. And standby is longer than ever due to the addition of FP in places it never used to be.

And if I'm in Liberty Square mid-day and the river boat is closed, who knows if I'll even make it back over there later in the day to catch it when it's back open.

I think a lot of people approach these things through the eyes of an AP holder, or at least through the eyes of a frequent visitor, where if you miss something today, you'll be back soon and will catch it then. Lots of people go once in a year, and many go even less. They might only have one day in the MK, and if they miss it today, they can't just pop in tomorrow to catch it later.

Luxe

You're comparing apples to oranges when it comes to attractions.
This is the mentality which allows WDW to get away with crap like this, If it does not affect MY favorite it does not matter, The Liberty Belle just happens to be one of OUR must do's as it's one of those attractions which just for a while takes you 'somewhere else' and you can imagine just for a while you are in one of Mark Twain's stories.

I personally DONT care about thrills get enough of those at work, I DO care about immersive experiences of which the riverboat is one. Because I care about WDW as a WHOLE I kick back against any subtractions because EVERYTHING is SOMEONE's favorite.
Ford said it best here, surprisingly.

peter11435

The attraction is irrelevant. I guarantee there are tons of people who find the riverboat just as good, if not better than the classic E tickets. Just because you don't, doesn't make the problem non-existent.
Except as a percentage of park attendance fewer guests ride the riverboat than any other attraction in the magic kingdom. Its attendance is really not enough to justify its high cost of operation and there are many within the company that would like to see it go. I would rather them find a way to make the boat profitable and keep it around (even if it's unavailable for a couple hours a day) than to see it disappear forever.

Luxe

Except as a percentage of park attendance fewer guests ride the riverboat than any other attraction in the magic kingdom. Its attendance is really not enough to justify its high cost of operation and there are many within the company that would like to see it go. I would rather them find a way to make the boat profitable and keep it around (even if it's unavailable for a couple hours a day) than to see it disappear forever.
That doesn't devalue it's place in the park. That's the Disney mentality of today, if it isn't making them boatloads(lol) of money then get rid of it. Who cares about atmosphere, aesthetic or ambience. If we can't charge more for it then get rid of it. Right, makes perfect sense.

Bandini

Oh yes, let's make excuses for why this is taken off line. Disney did it so that they could continue to operate the riverboat. So now I understand, it's for our own good! Sorry, I'm not buying it. This is another poor money grab.

peter11435

That doesn't devalue it's place in the park. That's the Disney mentality of today, if it isn't making them boatloads(lol) of money then get rid of it. Who cares about atmosphere, aesthetic or ambience. If we can't charge more for it then get rid of it. Right, makes perfect sense.
I never said it devalues its place in the park. But when you are paying for an expensive attraction to operate that hardly anyone rides it's understandable to question if it's worth the cost. As for atmosphere, aesthetic, and ambience, the boat still provides that even during this event for all of the guest on land. And let's face it that's how the vast majority of guests experience the boat anyway, by viewing it appreciating from land.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

This right here is everything that is wrong with the parks today. Each attraction, each shop, each soda stand, has to show a profit. The resort as a whole is making money hand over fist, and it should be treated as a whole. Barely anyone rides CoP, should we close it down for Birthday parties? I usually can walk on to Nemo, should we close it down, pass out cupcakes, and charge $40 a head for a "premium experience"? Maybe we can turn Spaceship earth into a private wine tour from 12-6pm, sound good?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom