Tianas Place

ABigBrassBand

Yes, this would be PERFECT for POR! Damn, why didn't I ever think of this? xD, I would love this, and it fits with the resort. That movie deserves a spot in WDW.

ABigBrassBand

I can't believe I saw that in the thearter :brick::fork:

I can't believe I PAID to see that in the theater...grr.

That is the only Disney movie I really don't enjoy no matter how many times I see it.

They just squeezed out a full length movie out of something that could easily have been a short film. At least with the princess stories they work, unlike that.

Thrill Seeker

Never watched the film is on par with Lion King, Alaadin because otherwise I won't waste my time?

I would say it's fairly close, but not quite. Those two are great animated classics. This is a very solid modern animated film, but it has it's share of problems that keep it from greatness...

Thrill Seeker

Maybe half a step below Aladdin (time will tell), but certainly better than Mulan and Hunchback. Definitely worth your time to see, its got some great characters and the villain is right up there with Jafar.

I completely disagree. Hunchback is one of the most underrated animated films of all time. That film is a masterpiece and one of the best that Disney has done. Mulan and Hercules are also extremely good films. PatF is below all three. I'd say it's more entertaining than Cinderella or Snoozing Beauty.

devoy1701

I say its just a matter of time before we start seeing some theming in the Port Orleans resorts to go along with Princess and the Frog. Especially after the Pirates overlay to Trinidad South and the Nemo Rooms in one of the other villages of CBR. IMO It's not a horrible idea.

BTW...the person who suggested Blue Bayou East.... :hurl:

Worst restaurant I've ever eaten at at most expensive dinner I've ever hated!

NewfieFan

Great idea, but Disney doesn't seem interested in keeping two restaurants open at what they consider one resort. It was part of the reason for the merger in the first place. It never really made sense to me since they aren't really that convenient to one another.

The kitchen at POFQ appears to have been converted to a test kitchen for pastries and desserts. It was used during a Disney edition of one of the cake shows, I don't remember which.

It was Cake Boss wasn't it!?! He was making a cake for his daughter's birthday while they were at WDW!

Did anybody think about the Food and Wine festival this year. As soon as I saw PatF I thought to myself, "this is a great theme for the F&W festival"!

Would love to see a PatF restaurant... this movie needs some love. And a princess breakfast is not a bad idea either!

MCC1

Mulan bashing? C'mon...Mulan's great...eddie murphy far better in that than Shrek...
'they just popped out of the snow!...Like Daisies!'

P&F decent, worth viewing for a rental...but no Lion King...now how about a DVD release of The Black Couldron! (probably not a good name for a restaurant)

wannabeBelle

I really did like Mulan honestly. Good story, great lesson ( Be true to yourself) and I liked the animation style. Especially with the great dining plans, I dont think Disney can afford to overlook the opportunity to have more sit down meals, and a character one, especially for lesser seen characters would be great!!! Marie

Biff215

It was Cake Boss wasn't it!?! He was making a cake for his daughter's birthday while they were at WDW!

Did anybody think about the Food and Wine festival this year. As soon as I saw PatF I thought to myself, "this is a great theme for the F&W festival"!

Would love to see a PatF restaurant... this movie needs some love. And a princess breakfast is not a bad idea either!

Yep, that was it. I'm not a big watcher of the show, but it came up in one of my Disney searches. While interesting, I just couldn't buy that he really didn't plan on doing any of that. All the shots with the family just looked so staged!

I loved Blue Bayou but would only want to see it as it is in Disneyland, within an attraction. But since we have this in Mexico at Epcot, it's very unlikely we would ever see it. While I thoroughly enjoyed my Monte Cristo, it was definitely the ambiance that won me over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom