News Tiana's Bayou Adventure Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It probably won't happen but at this point Disney needs to shut the ride down completely and resolve the issues that keep it breaking down for long periods of time.
If it were something that they could fix with a 3-5 day shutdown they would have done it. But it seems like the whatever problem(s) that is/are there require substantially more time to resolve and could also delay BTM's imminent long term rehab.

Disstevefan1

It probably won't happen but at this point Disney needs to shut the ride down completely and resolve the issues that keep it breaking down for long periods of time.
I say shutting it down at this point is a two birds with one stone. Fix the infrastructure and do the movie some justice and actually make it something special. I type this as I sit in front waiting for my group to be called..or any for that matter
This wont happen for WDWs. But I bet they take what they learned in WDW and make DLRs better and more reliable.

Including possible story changes in DLR? (probably not) As I think WDW's was designed to fit in DLRs, hence the dark empty spots in WDWs.

Its to bad WDWs turned out to be a Beta site.

gerarar

Premium Member
As of 11AM still not boarding.
Ride finally opened at 11:31am with BG's 1-9.

A 2.5 hour delayed opening.
1000013319.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
1pm drop lasted for 1.503 secs.
Tuesday 1pm Drop Average: 2m -> 2m (+0)

Up to BG 22 called at 1pm, 21 less than yesterday.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 39 Stats (7/30):
7am: 33.6 secs
1pm: 1.5 secs*
*the morning 7am drop lasted longer than afternoon 1pm drop

BG 90 (-20) is the last BG called for the day at 5:29pm.

Notable stoppages:
9:00 - 11:31am
12:48 - 1:06pm
5:29 - 9:00pm

Another bad day operationally. Over 7.5 hours of downtime with a late opening and earlier close (than yesterday). Over 58% of the day the park was open for.

Average pace: 5mins/BG, 4mins/BG from 1pm to 5:30pm

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 31m -> 26m (-5m)
1pm: 2m -> 2m (+0)

That does it for Day 39 of Tiana's Bayou Adventure!
1000013323.png

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This is really bad and unacceptable by Disney at this point. This ongoing failure doesn’t seem to be getting alot of coverage now since it’s opening other than on forums like this either. Are many just accepting this is the new Disney now…more downtimes than ever before on attractions (new and old)?

Regardless of how we feel about the ride itself , we as Disney fans and paying now more than ever to experience the parks and it’s attractions, this should NOT be acceptable and brushed aside as the new normal

Last edited by a moderator:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I wonder if late openings are currently deliberate - to allow for meaningful periods of overnight remedial works.
If it was intentional then there should be a lot of people who paid for a MPLL getting refunds.

Likely it failed to startup properly during pre opening checks. If actual work were being done to improve things, the results should have been noticeable, instead reliability has seemingly gotten worse.

Prince-1

If it were something that they could fix with a 3-5 day shutdown they would have done it. But it seems like the whatever problem(s) that is/are there require substantially more time to resolve and could also delay BTM's imminent long term rehab.

That’s what I was suggesting they do.

TheMaxRebo

Does anyone actually know what specifically is going on here? Why is this so much more unreliable now?

And how are the animatronics faring when the ride is open?

Obviously just anecdotally but the people I have spoken to who have ridden it recently (past few days) said that when they got to actually ride everything was working (or at least nothing super obvious not)

So I don't think it is an animatronic issue unless it is just related to them all working at all or something. I know mention in the past of some safety sensors(s) not working properly, but that is some sensor if still not fixed

gerarar

Premium Member
7am drop lasted for 2.371 secs.
Wednesday 7am Drop Average: 15.0s -> 12.5s (-2.5s)

BG's 1-10 called at 9:58am as part of the initial wave.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
1pm drop closed at 1:08pm, lasting for 481.783 secs, or ~8 mins.
Wednesday 1pm Drop Average: 2m -> 3m (+1m)

Up to BG 46 called at 1pm, 24 more than yesterday.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 40 Stats (7/31):
7am: 2.4 secs
1pm: 481.8 secs, or ~8 mins

BG 150 (+60) is the last BG called for the day at 9pm.

Notable stoppages:
9:00 - 9:57am
7:04 - 7:29pm

Average pace: 5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 15.0s -> 12.5s (-2.5s)
1pm: 2m -> 3m (+1m)

That does it for Day 40 of Tiana's Bayou Adventure!
1000013336.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom