News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240622_190250.jpg

This is likely my final "construction" update ever for this attraction, but they added new props outside of Mama Odie’s house!

The candles look fantastic and there's some fun Mardi Gras beads around them. It's a very simple addition, but it adds a lot to this area, especially at nighttime.

JoeCamel

View attachment 793952

This is likely my final "construction" update ever for this attraction, but they added new props outside of Mama Odie’s house!

The candles look fantastic and there's some fun Mardi Gras beads around them. It's a very simple addition, but it adds a lot to this area, especially at nighttime.
They couldn't be bothered to paint the floor to look like wear from going in and out of the house??
Looks perfectly plastic from this seat

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
They couldn't be bothered to paint the floor to look like wear from going in and out of the house??
Looks perfectly plastic from this seat
Even adding some of Mama Odies shoe prints or something would have added much more life to the scene. Worked when it was Br’er Bear’s cave.
Screenshot_20240623_112917_Chrome.jpg

Side note: I don't get this scene on Bayou. Whys Mama Odie yelling at us from inside her house? Br'er Bear snoring in there worked because it was perfectly in character for him to take a nap before joining Br'er Fox to chase Br'er Rabbit.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Even adding some of Mama Odies shoe prints or something would have added much more life to the scene. Worked when it was Br’er Bear’s cave.View attachment 793993
Side note: I don't get this scene on Bayou. Whys Mama Odie yelling at us from inside her house? Br'er Bear snoring in there worked because it was perfectly in character for him to take a nap before joining Br'er Fox to chase Br'er Rabbit.
Agree, there was no attention to detail at all like that with this attraction, it was small things such as that which made a difference and enhanced the story and atmosphere,,, they didn't even try in this because they don't have it in them anymore since it was designed by committee and not creatives......it is nice to see a few additions were made, but it feels like more needs to be done throughout.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Agree, there was no attention to detail at all like that with this attraction, it was small things such as that which made a difference and enhanced the story and atmosphere,,, they didn't even try in this because they don't have it in them anymore since it was designed by committee and not creatives......it is nice to see a few additions were made, but it feels like more needs to be done throughout.
I actually sketched a way they could used the cave and actually made it seem like half an ounce of effort was put in - Give it to the bear family we see on the attraction.
IMG_20240623_142842_334.jpg

That way it could still feel like where a Critter could reasonably live and be a quick retrofit from Br’er Bear's cave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom