News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

DavidDL

I've noticed the show scene troubles are well documented at this point so I apologize if this has already been mentioned among those. But a recent video from a vlogger I saw had a broken Mama Odie on the final lift hill, too. Only her mouth was moving, the rest of her was static.

Somehow, this super advanced animatronic has ended up with less movement than Brer Rabbit did in this moment. 🤪 The heck is going on over there?!

Brer Oswald

That's what I thought, but since we're seeing videos of lights flickering, blank screens, and static AAs, I wasn't sure.
With the way they’ve designed the new sensor systems, the AAs and other show elements factor in. Issues with how they’ve set up the new safety block zones, many of which are made to account for properly paced triggers for the AAs. The track was not designed for this many show triggers.

Sectorkeeper71

With the way they’ve designed the new sensor systems, the AAs and other show elements factor in. Issues with how they’ve set up the new safety block zones, many of which are made to account for properly paced triggers for the AAs. The track was not designed for this many show triggers.
Do you or anyone know where exactly the sensors are located? Is it an issue with fake foliage getting in the way maybe? I’m not entirely sure how it works

akileese

That's what I thought, but since we're seeing videos of lights flickering, blank screens, and static AAs, I wasn't sure.

We're seeing a lot more static AAs today, but also the ride isn't taking four hour outages either so there may be a bit of a correlation there. If I had to guess, they made some heavy tweaks to the sensor activations to prevent it from shutting down, but I'm basing this on absolutely nothing other than seeing the same AA behavior in a lot of videos today.

I saw the one blog mickey video with the blinking lights, were there others or just that one?

_caleb

We're seeing a lot more static AAs today, but also the ride isn't taking four hour outages either so there may be a bit of a correlation there. If I had to guess, they made some heavy tweaks to the sensor activations to prevent it from shutting down, but I'm basing this on absolutely nothing other than seeing the same AA behavior in a lot of videos today.

I saw the one blog mickey video with the blinking lights, were there others or just that one?
I’ve been following these updates:

AdventureHasAName

I've noticed the show scene troubles are well documented at this point so I apologize if this has already been mentioned among those. But a recent video from a vlogger I saw had a broken Mama Odie on the final lift hill, too. Only her mouth was moving, the rest of her was static.

Somehow, this super advanced animatronic has ended up with less movement than Brer Rabbit did in this moment. 🤪 The heck is going on over there?!
Get the strobe light (and the excuses).

co10064

Premium Member
Unfortunately I’m afraid they tried a bit too hard with the new log-activated animatronic synchronization. Hopefully they can get it worked out. At worst, maybe they could reprogram the animatronics to loop continuously and independently of the log vehicles.

Mr. Sullivan

I understood it just fine when I was 11. To make it even more clear, the drop led into the briar patch. His home at the start was the briar patch.
Some people did it get it. Many did not, myself and my whole family included. And that’s even with my parents riding it in its opening year.

The storyline and events of Splash just were not all that clear to a large portion of the audience. Some got it most definitely, but I’ve experienced conversations with many people who were unaware there was even a through narrative and not just a bunch of disconnected vignettes.

Mr. Sullivan

So what, exactly do we think is the problem? Computers? Electrical? Sensors?
Whatever it is, it seems like it's affecting multiple systems...
I saw a tweet today mentioning that some CMs have said some of the lighting issues are the same ones Splash was having in its final years. So it seems to me that there’s some carry over of the original attraction’s problems that are being amplified by and playing out alongside the issues with the new modern systems that have been introduced during the refit.

As I’m sure many have noted it isn’t uncommon for an attraction with new systems to have headaches during its opening (especially when its not a ground up system). Unfortunately it just seems that they’re struggling to troubleshoot it right now. The new systems they’ve applied are a fair bit more complex than what was originally there and I’m sure its a challenge to correct them while also correct decades old issues at the same time.

Tha Realest

I saw a tweet today mentioning that some CMs have said some of the lighting issues are the same ones Splash was having in its final years. So it seems to me that there’s some carry over of the original attraction’s problems that are being amplified by and playing out alongside the issues with the new modern systems that have been introduced during the refit.

As I’m sure many have noted it isn’t uncommon for an attraction with new systems to have headaches during its opening (especially when its not a ground up system). Unfortunately it just seems that they’re struggling to troubleshoot it right now. The new systems they’ve applied are a fair bit more complex than what was originally there and I’m sure its a challenge to correct them while also correct decades old issues at the same time.
Should have built a different, or new, ride.

Or, figured it out over the last year and a half. Oh well.

brettf22

Premium Member
One question I had after my ride. We got stopped right before the shrinking drop, right past the sitting Tiana. I was directly across from the Louis animatronic with his head stuck in the ground. As we sat there, I noticed a vertical piece of tree/rock work directly off the right hand side of the vehicle that was so close, I could easily touch it with my whole hand, without leaning out at all. It was, at most, a foot from the log, at face level. Was this there during Splash? I can’t imagine why they would place something so close to the human envelope of the ride.

Another interesting thing was that the Tiana and Louis animatronics stopped talking after a minute or so of logs being stopped in this area. But they didn’t freeze. They just made subtle movements, bopping along with the music, as if they were just waiting for things to start back up. Very cool. The Mama Odie animation, however, never stopped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom