News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Vclguy90

If this is the case, how do you think Disney responds?
It's Disney. Their only response to things is give them less and charge em more. They could care less. This isn't the old Disney that would listen to the fans to change at our displeasure. This is going to be the ride for the next 20 years. They will probably postpone more upcoming attractions to "make sure it's right, since recent attractions havn't been praised greatly by fans," and claim it's a service to us.

photomatt

If this is the case, how do you think Disney responds?
Disney management won't respond to opinions alone. They will eventually respond if an investment does not generate the expected revenue or attendance boost. Superstar Limo is an example. The ride received horrible reviews and low attendance so it was shut down in less than a year.

DCA is also an example. The attendance did not meet expectations, so Disney eventually invested billions to make an attempt to fix it. Sure, it's better now than it was, but it's still no parking lot. :)

ETA: I think Disney is using the opinions they get now to make estimates on attendance and hotel bookings (and similar). They might also use these opinions to increase or decrease the marketing budget, or, to figure out what guests respond to most favorably and market that.

Tha Realest

Disney management won't respond to opinions alone. They will eventually respond if an investment does not generate the expected revenue or attendance boost. Superstar Limo is an example. The ride received horrible reviews and low attendance so it was shut down in less than a year.

DCA is also an example. The attendance did not meet expectations, so Disney eventually invested billions to make an attempt to fix it. Sure, it's better now than it was, but it's still no parking lot. :)
TBA has the benefit of being a high Throughput attraction in a park desperate for capacity. It will never be allowed to be unpopular

eddie104

I agree with you normally, but honestly at this point this is a huge release of frustration.

It isn't aimed at everyone criticizing the attraction because not everyone has been this way and there are things worth criticizing.

But ever since this got underway, there have been a segment of people on this forum, on Twitter, on Reddit, and beyond who seemingly made it their life's mission to make this whole process as absolutely miserable for everyone as humanly possible. They were unhappy so they worked long and hard to make sure everyone else was unhappy too.

Every step of the way, it was picking apart one thing or another to the point that it was inevitable that they were going to hate the final product, even if it was the greatest attraction Disney had ever done. Every time someone said they liked something, they were forced to justify it because some found it so unimaginable that someone could like it that they simply couldn't just let people be happy and had to demand the reasons why they could possibly enjoy what they were seeing.

It has never been popular to be excited for this ride, just as it won't be popular in Disney fan spaces for anyone to enjoy it. It's all been one giant echo chamber of hating it while everyone who doesn't had to sit there and defend it. And that's just so....insane for a theme park ride. It's a ride. A ride. And it's been treated like some gigantic sin that represents the moral decay of everything to do with the parks.

To everyone who's not felt super excited along the way but tried their best to engage in good faith with it and found themselves still disappointed in it, that is so, so, so valid. I've felt the same way in regards to some attractions. This frustration is not at all aimed at them.

It's at the people who've spent the last year being completely, unashamedly negative about every little thing and can't even spare one even semi-positive remark because apparently that'd just be too much. I hope when some time has passed from opening, those people can look back on their behavior through all this and realize just how ridiculous it all has been and hopefully never devote that much time and energy to being this way over a theme park ride again.

Sorry for the essay, sorry if this is aggressive, I don't mean for it to be. This is just the culmination of so much annoyance and frustration that has absolutely ruined this whole process, my first time really getting to follow a ride's development from beginning to end, something that ought to've been joyous and exciting for a Disney nerd to get to do. Thank God I'm still looking forward to riding the ride, but lord I'm almost to the point of joining these people in wishing it didn't exist if only it means all this insane immature noise stops.
That’s my biggest issue now is the people criticizing the attraction for the wrong reasons.

Splash is no more and will be remembered fondly but at some point we need to move on.

Vclguy90

ETA: I think Disney is using the opinions they get now to make estimates on attendance and hotel bookings (and similar). They might also use these opinions to increase or decrease the marketing budget, or, to figure out what guests respond to most favorably and market that.
I agree but I don't feel like this is that Disney anymore. The ride still has "thrill" to it so it will be "just ok" and that's all they need to justify leaving it the way it is.

Let me just say that in find this hilarious that many of us predicted this outcome. It's makes me recognize why I'm more of a realist than an optimist.

MouseEarsMom33

I think if Disney eventually fixed the lift hill / shrinking room to add tension, this would make a large enough difference. Maybe add in a few more animatronics to the empty spaces as well. I don't think a full redo will be necessary.

FettFan

not to bring up banner-gate for the 900th time but in the finale alone there is a banner outside that says "welcome," then 50 feet behind that is a metal sign that says "welcome," THEN there's another banner in the indoor show scene that says "welcome" again? 💀

Well you have to remember that this was an attraction for the TikTok generation with the attention spans of gnats.

It’s not for YOU (or anyone over the age of 30) is what I’m saying.

FettFan

Or, hear me out, this ride wasn’t well thought out, and the imagineers forget the cardinal rule of visual media is to show, not tell.

Compromise Shrug GIF

TomboyJanet

I have to say from what I've seen on videos this is an EXTREME let down. It started off strong with the country bear and brer rabbit looking critters but then it was screens screens screens all the way! There is no plotline, there is no dangerous thing to overcome, once again a good character throws you off a cliff for no reason with a really poorly executed shrinking and growing scene? Really? Just like that terrible antman ride. Zip a dee doo dah is replaced by a forgettable song, and I feel like I'm going to yell at Mama ode at the end when I ride it for putting me through that. I really really was optimistic about this at this point, I started off with anger and i grew to a "let's wait and see maybe they know what they have to do" mentality.....but man.......Just nah

DisneyDodo

I don’t believe this is accurate. I think DALD will replace LP and “Almost There”(with rewritten lyrics) will play during the finale.
Looks like the info I got about the music was not quite as off-base as it was starting to seem.

“Dig a Little Deeper” does in fact play throughout the entire Laughing Place section, not just the lift hill.

And an instrumental “Almost There” plays leading into the “Special Spice” finale. I assume either somebody heard this and didn’t understand they were 2 distinct songs or someone misconstrued “AT + original song” as “AT w original lyrics.”

Also worth noting that the person who told me this info also told me the HDYD section would be an instrumental-only “Gonna Take You There” (this was before Disney confirmed the use of this song), which turned out to be half right, as the words are sung. I wonder if it was a last-minute choice to add the vocals?

TomboyJanet

Well you have to remember that this was an attraction for the TikTok generation with the attention spans of gnats.

It’s not for YOU (or anyone over the age of 30) is what I’m saying.
First of all Disney doesn't have to be only for kids, and I never understood why adults can't find things like an entire planet with floating mountains etc to be awesome. Are we not allowed to have fun? lol Come on :p

Second of all we shouldn't be encouraging bad behavior like short attention spans

Tha Realest

Went back and read the original official description:

Tiana wants to give a big thanks to her family and friends and the entire community for all the support they’ve given her by throwing an amazing party during Mardi Gras season.

Is it ever made clear she’s about to throw a big Mardi Gras party?

When it turns out there’s been a bit of a mix-up with the party preparations, Tiana invites us to meet her at Tiana’s Foods to help with the missing ingredient for the party.

Did we settle on what the missing ingredient is? Is it the critter band?
When we arrive, we may see that Tiana spruced up the company’s facilities with vibrant art from local artists. Food for the party is being prepared and beignets are being loaded into crates for the celebration. All kinds of preparations are underway for the journey into the bayou with Tiana,

I didn’t get the sense I was traveling with Tiana, so much as occasionally bumping into her as she would magically warp ahead of us.
along with new and familiar friends from the animated film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom