News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Professortango1

song is super Meh. Looks like a fun ride...but the music for an ending celebration that used to give such Joy like Splash had leaves me a little sad.
Agreed. Its fine, but not great. If this was the theme to a Fantasyland Dark Ride I would think it is cute, but as the finale to an E-Ticket this doesn't compare to Grim Grinning Ghosts, Yo-Ho, or Zip-a-dee-do-da.

I think it sadly does fit the finale. As in being a little too busy and cluttered while lacking an epic feeling.

DCLcruiser

"Special Spice," besides the clearly New Orleans style melody/instruments, feels more like a Toy Story song by Randy Newman. I will agree that this doesn't give the same feeling, but I am also not listening to it on the attraction, with the animatronics, etc.

ToTBellHop

"Special Spice," besides the clearly New Orleans style melody/instruments, feels more like a Toy Story song by Randy Newman. I will agree that this doesn't give the same feeling, but I am also not listening to it on the attraction, with the animatronics, etc.
I was always more of a fan of Scary Spice as a teen but I had friends who had Special Spice posters in their bedrooms.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Agreed. Its fine, but not great. If this was the theme to a Fantasyland Dark Ride I would think it is cute, but as the finale to an E-Ticket this doesn't compare to Grim Grinning Ghosts, Yo-Ho, or Zip-a-dee-do-da.

I think it sadly does fit the finale. As in being a little too busy and cluttered while lacking an epic feeling.
I think it works OK but actually prefer it at a lesser bpm. YouTube custom speed at 0.85x much better to my ears. Also needs more horn accompaniment (Intro with just Tiana and Louis?) ending in choir ensemble finish.

ToTBellHop

I was a kid a few short years ago. I probably know more about the way they think than most people on these boards, even parents, because I was one until recently. I promise, kids will know that's Tiana
I’ll be honest…nearby, we have a 50 year old show and I don’t know who the hell most of the Country Bears are but people here act like they are A-list celebrities. Couldn’t actually tell you which overdosing bear is Big Al. I presume it’ll be listed in the toxicology report in 6 weeks.

aladdin2007

I don’t think it’s any wordier than what it replaced. And I think it fits the finale just fine.

If the object of debate was whether or not it was going to top the academy award winning song that acted as the second anthem of the company for 70 years…well nothing was. I much prefer this to another refrain of Dig a Little Deeper (since it’s already playing on the lift hill).
do we have confirmation of that yet though?

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I don’t think it’s any wordier than what it replaced. And I think it fits the finale just fine.

If the object of debate was whether or not it was going to top the academy award winning song that acted as the second anthem of the company for 70 years…well nothing was. I much prefer this to another refrain of Dig a Little Deeper (since it’s already playing on the lift hill).
For me "Dig a Little Deeper" is a track you clap to whereas " Special Spice" is one you snap to. Has a great rhythm but it just doesn't have that extra oomph that puts it in the pantheon of iconic Disney songs. IMO.

Earlie the Pearlie

SO, on the topic of the song…
I like it. It’s cute. I wish I could like it more, though.
The melody is nice. It’s catchy. I can vibe to it.
But the lyrics aren’t very good. Obviously this is all subjective. But I feel that they are repetitive and not very inspiring. Like, yay, another Disney song about how I’m special. The reason that I like PatF’s songs so much is because they are all lyrically unique and so, so clever. The wit in these songs is super underrated, with the exception of Gonna Take You There, which is my least favorite song in the movie. Down in New Orleans is a perfect example: it introduces the entire plot of the movie, and all of its central themes, as well as hinting at future lyrics. “Magic, both good and bad, make you happy or make you real sad. Get everything you want but lose what you had, get it down in New Orleans” foreshadows the entire movie perfectly, and the last line is echoed in Friends and Dig. The movie is really Randy Newman’s greatest work, in my opinion.
So that’s what I was really hoping for here. Special Spice is catchy. It’s serviceable. But the lyrics really leave something to be desired. And I know that it’s not a fair comparison, nor 100% relevant, but Zip was, in my opinion, the embodiment of joy. This ride is not its predecessor, nor should it be, but when it’s the same scene it’s hard not to compare them. And I really think, with better lyrics, this could have been a top tier Disney song. But, in my opinion, it is just good. And this ride kind of has a lot riding on it. I don’t think it can afford to just be good, and while I’ve loved everything else I’ve scene, Zip ended splash on a super high note. This seems like it will end on a pretty good note. Hopefully riding it changes my mind, but ah well.
TLDR, I like special spice but not as much as other PatF songs or Zip.

hpyhnt 1000

Filming today
Minor thing overall, but those new TBA signs really bug me as they try, but ultimately fail, to match the rest of the signs on this post. Oddly symbolic of the issues many have with modern WDI...?

1717175552646.png
1717175568588.png

The woodgrain is almost nonexistent, the typeface weight is different, the construction (with the letters glued on top of the backing) visibly differs from the others, and even the scale is off as TBA should be in larger letters to denote it as an attraction yet is sized similarly to the restroom sign.

While the previous Splash Mountain version wasn't a 1-1 match either, I'd say it did a better job than these new Tiana ones.
Screenshot 2024-05-31 132609.png

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Anyway to get back on topic the new song is great, it's been stuck in my head all day, and will definitely be an ear worm for those getting off the ride. Everything I've been seeing about this ride recently has filled me with a lot of hope and I'm very excited. I wish I had the opportunity to go soon to ride, but I won't so I'll be watching a ton of videos. See y'all down the Bayou! (Eventually)

JohnD

Everytime I go on boards there's always something new and crazy, mostly on this thread, and today is no different. Also I'm pretty sure it was either yesterday or a couple days ago that put that we were at page 666 on this thread. Now we're at 700 (probably 750 when I'm done typing this) personally I find it very funny.

Anyway to get back on topic the new song is great, it's been stuck in my head all day, and will definitely be an ear worm for those getting off the ride. Everything I've been seeing about this ride recently has filled me with a lot of hope and I'm very excited. I wish I had the opportunity to go soon to ride, but I won't so I'll be watching a ton of videos. See y'all down the Bayou! (Eventually)
We were at 700. Now back to 698. Wow. Two whole pages that the Admins snipped away. As for the song. I like it. Perfect for the final scene. I don't think it's as iconic as Zip, though. Another thing I noticed. Although the music has changed, the "beats" seem to be the same. Finding the critters will be like How do you do? The final scene music is celebratory like Zip. Will the replacement Laughing Place area music be similar? We'll have to see.

Professortango1

I just have a problem with the chorus. Using "joyful" twice each chorus to define the celebration. As opposed to a serious celebration or a mournful celebration. Given that the music is joyful and the people depicted in the attraction seem joyful, it feels like a really lazy lyric to have once, much less twice per chorus.

You are haaaappyyyyy! Celebrating!
You don't need an invitation!
It is happpppy! In the bayou!
And everyone is special, even you!

Just seems like a chorus that doesn't elevate and rather tells us how to feel and hits that cliche message over the head.

I expected more from the guy who joined Maroon 5 a decade after they blew up.

It would be like Burrow's Lament singing

We are scared and huddled tight
The fox has filled our home with fright
We are scaaaared! The fox has hair!

Last edited:

SilentWindODoom

I think it’s dumb to not have her in her traditional princess outfit once at least. I get they are trying to pivot away from the whole princessy angle, but putting her in the outfit that’s she‘s most known for at least one scene/AA isn’t going to hurt. It can also be argued that is gonna sell the merch.

It’s not the end all be all, its just a weird decision.

I don't think that has anything to do with anything. I think it's more a "tromping through the swamp in a dress is a stupid idea" thing.

All the grown childless men like her outfits! Screw all the little girls that will only know it’s Tiana because Louis is in the ride! Lol

I'm... starting to think you're the one who's never met a child in your life.

I thought the ugly fence we complained about was the one with the food painted on it.

It's the Tiana's Bayou Adventure thread! Multiple fence freakouts is just the tip of the iceberg! And yet, this has amazingly been less of a roller coaster than the Journey of Water thread.

Minor thing overall, but those new TBA signs really bug me as they try, but ultimately fail, to match the rest of the signs on this post. Oddly symbolic of the issues many have with modern WDI...?

View attachment 788644 View attachment 788645
The woodgrain is almost nonexistent, the typeface weight is different, the construction (with the letters glued on top of the backing) visibly differs from the others, and even the scale is off as TBA should be in larger letters to denote it as an attraction yet is sized similarly to the restroom sign.

While the previous Splash Mountain version wasn't a 1-1 match either, I'd say it did a better job than these new Tiana ones.
View attachment 788656

This is really weird. Especially since the other signpost does have matching wood grain.

Casper Gutman

I’ll be honest…nearby, we have a 50 year old show and I don’t know who the hell most of the Country Bears are but people here act like they are A-list celebrities. Couldn’t actually tell you which overdosing bear is Big Al. I presume it’ll be listed in the toxicology report in 6 weeks.
You can’t tell which bear is Big Al?

Are you also confused about what Mickey Mouse looks like?

This is the inevitable part of the discussion where we pretend everything about classic Disney is bad and dumb in an attempt to defend the latest attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom