News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

This is a despicable form of attack that you have to drag down a Grammy Award winner in order to continue this continuing nonsense about Zip being a Platonic ideal that no other song could ever live up to. If they had gotten someone not from New Orleans and steeped in NOLA music, you'd be attacking them for lack of authenticity. We know that this is a no-win scenario for you and that colors your 'opinion' of this new song.

Lol despicable? Calm down

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

This is a despicable form of attack that you have to drag down a Grammy Award winner in order to continue this continuing nonsense about Zip being a Platonic ideal that no other song could ever live up to. If they had gotten someone not from New Orleans and steeped in NOLA music, you'd be attacking them for lack of authenticity. We know that this is a no-win scenario for you and that colors your 'opinion' of this new song.

I have never heard of PJ Morton before the retheme. What else has he worked on?

Honeycomb

Oh so PJ Morton is from New Orleans huh? Just looked him up. Ok so that’s why he was hired to continue the “authentic” motif. Wish they would have just hired the person most qualified to give us a grand finale song for an attraction. It’s different having someone brought into this project thinking “ I’m going to bring my flavor to a Disney attraction” as opposed to someone saying “I’m going to make the best song possible for this grand finale.” Especially considering what it replaced. Been saying it from the beginning. Priorities have been all wrong.
It's not objectively a bad song but I feel underwhelmed by it, especially the lyrics. I was hoping for more than one person singing. I liked all the songs in PatF but I'm sad to say this one isn't doing it for me.

Brer Oswald

It's fine. I like the backing instrumental and Anika's vocals but the song is too wordy and doesn't fit a finale scene.
I don’t think it’s any wordier than what it replaced. And I think it fits the finale just fine.

If the object of debate was whether or not it was going to top the academy award winning song that acted as the second anthem of the company for 70 years…well nothing was. I much prefer this to another refrain of Dig a Little Deeper (since it’s already playing on the lift hill).

Ghost93

All the grown childless men like her outfits! Screw all the little girls that will only know it’s Tiana because Louis is in the ride! Lol
I think it's very possible that Tiana's bayou adventure outfit will appear in the upcoming Tiana movie or Disney Plus series they have in the works. That project was meant to coincide with the ride but has been pushed back numerous times.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I don’t think it’s any wordier than what it replaced. And I think it fits the finale just fine.

If the object of debate was whether or not it was going to top the academy award winning song that acted as the second anthem of the company for 70 years…well nothing was. I much prefer this to another refrain of Dig a Little Deeper (since it’s already playing on the lift hill).
It fits the overall atmosphere of the scene they're going for, but the finale as a whole in comparison to Zip just doesn't hold a candle.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Tiana appears in her wedding gown in the daily parade and as a M&G in Princess Hall.

She appears in her adventurer's garb at 1900 Fare and most of the way through TBA.

She appears in various forms of flapper attire that was en vogue in the 1920's at the daily castle show and in a rizzed up dress at the finale of TBA.

Don't know why this is difficult to understand. Belle has two looks, neither one a princess (it's a ball gown). No one has complained about that previously as being confusing.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
When I got to the animatronic Gator, he was standing next to an animatronic model of my father, which sparked and sputtered as he moved back and forth in repetitious motion. My log boat stopped right at that scene, which it hadn’t done any of the other times before, and the animatronic Gator started saying things like, “Hello, Ryan. Your dad and I are going to be each other’s wives,” and, “You’ll have to watch me marry your dad through the window of the church because you’re not allowed inside, Ryan.” Then the animatronic model of my dad said, “I love marrying the Gator more than I love having a son!” and then it burst into flames. As the ride finally lurched forward on the river and I floated away from this horrific scene, the Gator called after me, “I’ll see you and your real dad at the wedding, Ryan!” I tried to call back, “Please don’t do this!” but my voice was drowned out by the sound of the robot Mama Odie singing about digging deeper.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Ok just read the rest of your post. Kind of zoned out after “despicable.” Where in my post did I say he’s not talented or deserving of this opportunity? I’m saying if I were project leader I would make sure at all costs that the person I hired was the best person fit to create a new anthem and give them instructions to do so. They were focused on authenticity and at that point you’ve already narrowed the talent pool.

As far as your last point you re way off I could care less if the ride is authentic. It’s not about a ride being authentic it’s about it feeling authentic.

Honeycomb

It’s fine. I even admitted to singing it the other night without realizing it. But it’s not the right song for the finale.
Yeah, it's alright. Not a real fan, but it's alright. I'll give credit where it's due and admit that it's neat that they got a New Orleans native to write the song.

Edit: I know you just wrote about how that doesn't matter to you, which is fine. I personally like authenticity but that's not an @ at you.

Last edited:

LSLS

The outfit talk is kind of hilarious. I mean, I sort of assume it fits the ride. Would it have made more sense to have the D+ series (or movie if that's what it ends up being) come out first so that we have seen the outfit before? Yeah probably, but I'm not losing my mind on that. I have no doubt 6 year olds will know exactly who it is. If you want to complain outfits for Tianna, go to the 1900 Park Fare thread, cause you have a real case there. Here? I think you are looking for things to hate.

All that said, my opinion so far is it's fine. I don't think anything I've thought has changed in terms of it not fitting where it is and being a bit of a disservice to her, but nothing is jarring to me yet. We will see when the previews start coming out. Just hope it has elements that can be fixed easily when they have an issue and that they don't sit not working for years.

mickEblu

or the fact that... the name of the ride has her name in it?

Lol right because that’s what a 4 year old is thinking when they’ve boarded the ride vehicle. What the name of the ride was. It’s the parents who will tell them the name of the ride and hype it up. Put any little kid on TBA without any intro. If the Tiana AAs were the only AAs on the ride they’d have no idea it was her.

Again fascinated by how much teenagers and childless men know about kids.

J4546

Lol right because that’s what a 4 year old is thinking when they’ve boarded the ride vehicle. What the name of the ride was. It’s the parents who will tell them the name of the ride and hype it up. Put any little kid on TBA without any intro. If the Tiana AAs were the only AAs on the ride they’d have no idea it was her.

Again fascinated by how much teenagers and childless men know about kids.
put any kid on the old splash mountain and theyd have no idea who any of the characters were. I think kids will know who Tiana is and recognize her even without her dress, but if not luckily theres an hour long que to stand in so you have plenty of time to see what the ride is all about and talk about it.... but again I dont look at this a serious as some of the people on here lol. Its a log flume ride meant to make kids smile and have fun......some of you are just grasping for anything to hate on and its hilarious to me. This ride is gonna be a huge hit and the majority of people will love it, the few older people on here will hate it but you cant please everyone.

btw my friend said his daughter (14) said shes sick of girls being princesses and needing to be rescued, shes happy to see a woman being her own self made person and not needing to be saved

Last edited:

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I think it’s dumb to not have her in her traditional princess outfit once at least. I get they are trying to pivot away from the whole princessy angle, but putting her in the outfit that’s she‘s most known for at least one scene/AA isn’t going to hurt. It can also be argued that is gonna sell the merch.

It’s not the end all be all, its just a weird decision.
Especially when the banners keep reinforcing that it's Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom