News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Oswald

Majority of people who will eventually go on this ride (after it calms down) aren't Disney Parks super fans, let alone Splash Mountain superfans, such as those on this site. They will not notice or care that the trees have been reused from Splash Mountain.

The two pictures side by side, Tiana's ride is actually more visually appealing.
Can't comment on animatronic emptiness as we really haven't seen anything yet.
The trees are the best part of the new image. I don’t think it’s bad that they’re reused.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, if the bayou was 5 miles across and the frog had a torso diameter of 7 miles, the frog would overhang the bayou by a full mile on two sides! This seems unlikely. However, if the volume of the of the bayou was 1e12 cubic feet (used Bartholomew Bayou and assumed an average depth of 2 feet) and the volume of the average bull frog was ~ 0.02 cubic feet (calculated in two ways, 0.5 feet *0.2 feet * 0.2 feet or 17 oz (typical bull frog weight) to cubic feet, these are both rough approximations that don't take into account specifics of the bullfrog shape or the bullfrog's specific density). Anyway, that would imply that the maximum number of bullfrogs in the bayou would be 5e13 and that no more would fit. That's a LOT of frogs. However. it does assume that the frogs are packed in the tightest formation possible. A closest froggy packing structure if you will. So, I would say something like 1e13 would be the actual max number of frogs in this particular bayou and no more would fit. So, the implication is that unfortunately there will be a maximum number of that would fit in Tiana's bayou. Another thing that is not taken into account, is that an attraction actually used the maximum number of frogs (sculptures and animatronics in this case) would probably alienate people who had frog phobias or people who wanted to see main characters from the movie. However, the characters could appear many times in frog form, but this would be weird for all but one character. Even then, you'd have to be at the correct point on the story timeline.
But you're using Newt-onian amphysics. Our instruments peering to the princess cluster of the castle nebula have discovered that this is what some call "the Bewitching Bayou." So, you'll have to take into account that you can have a superposition of croak up and croak down frogs. Not to mention black log holes containing so much more.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The art here looks amazing in golden book style

Well, not only is Tiana not hiding the drop, but she's presenting what's basically a waterfall straight down drop. I guess the publishers didn't get the memo of the conspiracy to make this look less scary so as to lure young children into a traumatic experience.

Incomudro

Well, not only is Tiana not hiding the drop, but she's presenting what's basically a waterfall straight down drop. I guess the publishers didn't get the memo of the conspiracy to make this look less scary so as to lure young children into a traumatic experience.
She's attempting to hide the drop with her hand, but the illustrator had the wrong viewing angle for reference.

Professortango1

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

pigglewiggle

Is it though? I don't think it looks terrible, but I do prefer the brighter and more colorful look.

I know Disney can create an amazing Bayou as the opening of Pirates of the Caribbean is gorgeous. I'm hoping this will have the same feeling in person.

Are you asking me if I'm confident in my opinion? Yes. Yes I think the Tiana picture is more visually appealing.

Mikomike12

Is it though? I don't think it looks terrible, but I do prefer the brighter and more colorful look.

I know Disney can create an amazing Bayou as the opening of Pirates of the Caribbean is gorgeous. I'm hoping this will have the same feeling in person.
you're also judging the one scene where sunlight bleeds completely into the scene, so I'd wait until we can see parts of the ride that are fully enclosed in its environment

LittleBuford

Canceling people/things/songs is not new. Stalin did it a lot.
Disney did too on occasion, even in Walt’s time. I bring up two examples at least twice a year—the anti-Semitic peddler caricature in The Three Little Pigs and Sunflower in Fantasia—but they somehow never get acknowledged by those making the sorts of arguments you are.

Brer Oswald

Disney did too on occasion, even in Walt’s time. I bring up two examples at least twice a year—the anti-Semitic peddler caricature in The Three Little Pigs and Sunflower in Fantasia—but they somehow never get acknowledged by those making the sorts of arguments you are.
I don't think those examples are even comparable to them removing every song, character, and reference to a beloved ride that was in the public lexicon for 30+ years.

Professortango1

you're also judging the one scene where sunlight bleeds completely into the scene, so I'd wait until we can see parts of the ride that are fully enclosed in its environment
Oh I know. I'm just comparing the two images presented and saying I prefer the brighter more lush version. Like I said, I don't think the new version looks bad, it just doesn't look as good as the original version.

Ice Gator

I think they had at one time showed a boat on top of the mountain in the artist sketch, so the lift area could look similar to that painting as seen from the outside already.
That’s still my main problem with the look of the new ride- cutting the tree and boat was a huge mistake, especially if we’re coming from Mama Odi’s house. That would have been the focal point of the attraction, and we could have gotten more glowing bottles on the exterior, hanging from the tree limbs. I just think it was a silly move to cut it. The “dome” looks off center- like it’s missing something- especially over at DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom