News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Professortango1

That would be a very strange perception indeed given how much they've already changed the it.
Perception is personal, so I don't think I could judge it as "very strange" considering I feel like Mission BO, Incredicoaster, Stormrider, and even Frozen Ever After are all mid to low-effort rethemes. They all have changes and work put into them, but the work doesn't seem to be to the standard that Disney gives to creating new attractions.

I would say that we can all agree that Disney hasn't put in Maximum Effort, but I think some folks on here would even argue for that perspective. One that I do not understand.

For me, TBA and what they shown us feels like a house flip. The outside looks the same, just without some of the iconic features and updated landscaping. The inside, from what they have revealed, seems to be very similar with just darker lighting and fewer AA's.

The new AA's do look fantastic so maybe that will change the perception when actually riding it, but FEA has some decent AA's standing around bland sets and pushing a storyline which feels lazy and one-note.

I hope TBA is a great success because it isn't going away any time soon, so I'd rather enjoy it than have another ride I tend to skip. But Disney hasn't been doing a great job in conveying information to feed that hope. At least, in my opinion.

Bayou

I’m really concerned that this ride won’t stick the landing. It bugs me that interior shot features the same trees splash had. I hope they didn’t reuse everything, everywhere in the ride to that extent. I’m interested to see what the newly built (and not redressed) show scenes look like. With that being said, I still am betting on Tiana on being a worthy successor to Splash. I hope I don’t eat my words.

NateD1226

Hi, your post is not only ridiculous, but wildy offensive. Millions of people on our earth still suffer under dictator rule and horrible regimes. Please stop using an agenda to diminish history, or the horrors many still suffer today.

Thank you for saying this because it is absurd...

Some people are so blinded by nostalgia that they will say whatever comes to mind to ensure their "opinion" is always louder than everyone else's. It is weird and wrong to bring up other people's suffering in correlation to...a theme park ride. People can have a really strong connection to something, which is seen often in relation to Disney. That's just fine. But damn, this retheme was announced nearly four years ago. You cross a boundary when using someone who was responsible for the death of millions of people to try to support a statement about a theme park ride, especially when that "argument" has been rehashed a thousand different ways by the same couple of users who blabber and nitpick about anything they can for almost four years now. Grow up and move on.

Bayou

Hi. Nothing I said diminishes history or the horrors that many still suffer today. Tell me how this actually offends you. Canceling people/things/songs is not new. Stalin did it a lot. He usually had people killed. Sometimes he had people edit photos. In every case, when he wanted things forgotten, he did everything he could to erase it.

Disney doesn't want people talking about a certain animated feature. They have done their best to erase all mention of it. I'm not saying this is the equivalent of Stalin's actions. Someone would have to be looking for trouble to read my post that way.

As for my diminishing the horrors that many people suffer today: I do not plan to ever visit Hong Kong Disneyland or Shanghai Disneyland because it puts money in the Communist government's pocket. The Uyghurs are being persecuted because of their religion by a dictator and his party in China.

Who is taking this thread off-topic? Not me, I'm here to talk about a flume ride.

Grow up and move on, indeed.
*continues to dig whole*

Professortango1

Words matter, and you have revealed yourself to everyone on these boards, with your thoughtless, and harmful rhetoric.
I mean, in all fairness, many others on this same board have also rolled their eyes at posters pointing out racist depictions and decisions and the mods themselves have removed posts voicing black perspectives on this and The Haunted Mansion.

Its almost like you can't judge a person's character based solely off of how they interact in an internet forum.

eddie104

Hi. Nothing I said diminishes history or the horrors that many still suffer today. Tell me how this actually offends you. Canceling people/things/songs is not new. Stalin did it a lot. He usually had people killed. Sometimes he had people edit photos. In every case, when he wanted things forgotten, he did everything he could to erase it.

Disney doesn't want people talking about a certain animated feature. They have done their best to erase all mention of it. I'm not saying this is the equivalent of Stalin's actions. Someone would have to be looking for trouble to read my post that way.

As for my diminishing the horrors that many people suffer today: I do not plan to ever visit Hong Kong Disneyland or Shanghai Disneyland because it puts money in the Communist government's pocket. The Uyghurs are being persecuted because of their religion by a dictator and his party in China.

Who is taking this thread off-topic? Not me, I'm here to talk about a flume ride.

Grow up and move on, indeed.
You were born in 97?

Because the rhetoric sounds like someone from the baby boomer generation.

Ice Gator

I presume that this will be the first of multiple scenes where an animatronic or two once sat in Splash Mountain now sitting empty.

I also presume that those goose and frog animatronics were trashed for parts like the Universe of Energy dinosaurs and most of the Great Movie Ride animatronics.
I called it months ago that my biggest fear was all the “dead space” that would be in the attraction in the spots where the various SM critters used to be. Not to mention most of Tiana’s new friends just seem to be statues with extremely limited motion done by Life Formations… I’m remaining optimistic that the ride will turn out fantastic, but it’ll be a bit disappointing if it feels “empty” the majority of the journey (with the exception of the Louis, Tiana, and Odie animatronic figures).

Disney Analyst

Interesting that you chose to offer excuses for silencing black perspectives as opposed to leaving it at "I don't know." Claiming ignorance, but then coming back in to explain why it might be okay to disregard and eliminate discussion of harmful ideologies present.

Let's get over ourselves and get back to talking about this rethemed theme park attraction.

I've deleted those posts, as I made my initial response, and do not wish to engage further. I do not want to get into the weeds, and agree we should get back to the purpose of this specific thread.

SilentWindODoom

You did not just compare a theme park ride to Stalin?

Every time I think this board has peaked in absurdity I see a new wild statement and it makes me all warm and fuzzy. Can't wait to see how someone tops comparing the Walt Disney Company retheming a ride to Joseph Stalin.

Godwin's Law averted. I consider that a win.

Ice Gator

Right when you drop into the mountain. The goose with the three frogs was right in front of you.
View attachment 788057View attachment 788058
This feels like the Rainforest Cafe at Disneyland that they lazily turned into a Star Wars gift shop by blocking off parts of the restaurant with walls and cheap foliage- only now they’re walling off show scene areas where new animatronics could fit for absolutely no reason.

MerlinTheGoat

The lack of any character figures in that photo (AA or static) is highly concerning. Also really starting to get the sense that Disneyland will end up turning out better internally. An enclosed Slippin Falls will probably allow for more controlled and perhaps darker lighting, avoiding daylight spillage when you drop into the first scene. The flooded sets around this area will also likely lend themselves better to a swampy environment than the more narrow linear stream at WDW. As others have said, DL already taking place in a swamp is likely to be beneficial.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
We all have our political things with regards to rides. Country Bear Jamboree always has me mulling over the Taft-Hartley act and Slinky Dog makes me think of the use of mustard gas in WWI. For many, the music on Triceratop Spin will evoke imagery of Margaret Thatcher and on it goes.

wdwgreek

My goodness, folks can we stop discussing the politics of why Disney made this move and get back on topic of construction updates and ride details... The four photos seemed underwhelming but the cranes and loading dock props in the load queue were cool. There negative and positive without politics.

Brer Panther

God forbid they keep animatronics that would still be thematically consistent within the bayou.
I assume this wasn't sarcasm... if nothing else, they could've kept the frogs.
The goal of the project was to remove Song of the South, not to get Tiana into the Magic Kingdom.
I've said this before, but at least when they turned Disneyland's Tower of Terror into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride, they were honest about their intentions.
FEA has some decent AA's standing around bland sets and pushing a storyline which feels lazy and one-note.
I expect this to basically be Frozen Ever After 2.0 - good animatronics, decent special effects, otherwise not much of substance.

MerlinTheGoat

Yes, let’s prejudge the entire attraction on a single photo. 🙄
The person you're replying to did not prejudge the attraction in its entirety, they were judging the specific first scene shown in that clip. Assuming they filmed this recently with everything in a completed state (which is very likely, especially considering that AA installation began months ago), then it's very much fair game to compare it to what came before. It's also not unreasonable to be concerned that the rest of the attraction could be similarly sparse.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom