News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Professortango1

This photo is much better than the other ones. Also "wow they're so lazy to leave that UGLY FENCE there" NOT. Obviously they were going to cover it up. Did people really think they were going to leave it like that?
The ugly fence is still there and not covered up. And it looks like that is the permanent solution. Just some painted ingredients on it for some reason.

Professortango1

Honestly if they don't sell a Tiana Bayou Adventure chia garden toy in the gift shop, it'll be a missed opportunity.
It starts as Splash Mountain and grows into TBA. In other news, I'm no longer going to have to pay fines for when my yard gets too many weeds and the ivy takes over. I'll just say that the cluttered and overgrown design was inspired by Disney's signature style and is in fact an upgrade.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240430_184542.jpg
20240430_185244.jpg

The final queue lights are going up!!

Also, there's show lighting on the lift before the 50-foot drop for the first time — I'll get photos tonight!

Professortango1

That seems an odd comparison given all the effort and expense they’ve put into this attraction (regardless of whether one likes the end result).
I think Six Flags is doing better than before as well. But modern Disney does feel like IP-integration is above all else, even fitting in the land/park. Tron is dressed up a little, but it still is a big ugly coaster track that goes into a flat boxy warehouse.

I feel like Disney used to care about the details more than any sane person would. Now, they have moved more towards doing what makes money and is easier to achieve, even if it betrays their standards and die hard fans. Pixar Pier for me feels very Six Flags/County Fair, just with a Disney budget behind it.

LittleBuford

I think Six Flags is doing better than before as well. But modern Disney does feel like IP-integration is above all else, even fitting in the land/park. Tron is dressed up a little, but it still is a big ugly coaster track that goes into a flat boxy warehouse.

I feel like Disney used to care about the details more than any sane person would. Now, they have moved more towards doing what makes money and is easier to achieve, even if it betrays their standards and die hard fans. Pixar Pier for me feels very Six Flags/County Fair, just with a Disney budget behind it.
How does any of this relate to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure?

Professortango1

For sure.
There's certainly nothing Six Flags about the exterior of this ride.
Imagine if this exterior were the original one, and it was stripped away to create the stark exterior of Splash?
If they took off the excessive foliage and added more sculpted rockwork, a new icon on top with the tree stump, and removed the clutter to give the attraction a impactful visage, I would be in support of it. That would show effort went into the project if they were to make the mountain more detailed and more of a feature The same that if they took all of the pipes and junk off Mission BO and made it look like an art deco 30's hotel, I'd be supportive of that change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom