News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Rich T

Yeah I can’t think of any E ticket icon/ facade that looks as poor from any vantage point. At least at Disneyland.
The WDW version does look better in person than photographs tend to convey. Without the depth of the different layers of foliage, I think it really loses a lot in a 2D image. The silhouette certainly doesn’t do much for me yet… but then again, it’s not finished… quite…

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240430_165245.jpg

IT'S DONE!

UNCgolf

I think it mostly looks good -- the only major thing that really looks strange to me is the mound at the top where the vehicles exit for the drop. I'm not sure what else they could have done there, but it looks quite odd.

Some of the areas that still look like Splash with red clay are weird and don't match the rest of the facade, and some of the detailing varies from mediocre to bad (banners, signs, the barn/mural), but overall I like it.

JohnD

I think it mostly looks good -- the only thing that really looks strange to me is the mound at the top where the vehicles exit for the drop. I'm not sure what else they could have done there, but it looks quite odd.

Some of the areas that still look like Splash with red clay are weird and don't match the rest of the facade, and some of the detailing varies from mediocre to bad (banners, signs, the barn/mural), but overall I like it.
I have news for you: red clay exists in the South.

UNCgolf

I have news for you: red clay exists in the South.

Yes, and? I live in the south and grew up with red clay in my backyard. That's completely irrelevant to the issue here.

The point is the juxtaposition between the old Splash look and the new Tiana look; it's incongruous. All I can think of is that they left it that way for the view from parts of Frontierland, unless they just aren't finished with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom