News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SplashJacket

I've said it the whole time, it just looks overly busy. What am I supposed to focus on? The drop, the foilage, the mound, the water tower, the banner on the mill? Just reeks of "Too many cooks" syndrome. Then again that could be my graphic design side talking. They had a million ways to incorporate the Splash facade and went with the "Cover it with plants" route. Shame. Praying for a better interior.
When the waterfall is on the focal point will be the waterfall.

Eric Graham

While I still don't know how complete that lighting package is, I think the blue used around the upper parts is too overwhelming. Blue works great as a way to illuminate water, as seen from the lower parts. As well as a few highlights on the hill itself. And some of that saturation is probably the camera's fault as digital cameras have known problems with capturing blue light accurately (film cameras don't have this problem btw). But even still, they needed some warmer colors like green and amber-ish white. As it is, I think that's way too much blue, which is saying a lot coming from someone whose favorite color is blue...

In addition, I was expecting the drop itself to glow more based on what the render suggested (like maybe using some internal spotlights built into the sides or something). Again, not sure how complete this is yet given how much they've been fiddling lately.

View attachment 782427
How very beautiful! :p

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's just fur. It looks like a cat. It's too busy. Flowers look like cheese. Rough. Meh....

1714495479222.png

1714495505670.png

1714495566582.png

1714495633281.png

1714495673382.png

1714495737049.png

1714496549591.png

wishesnighttimespec

While I still don't know how complete that lighting package is, I think the blue used around the upper parts is too overwhelming. Blue works great as a way to illuminate water, as seen from the lower parts. As well as a few highlights on the hill itself. And some of that saturation is probably the camera's fault as digital cameras have known problems with capturing blue light accurately (film cameras don't have this problem btw). But even still, they needed some warmer colors like green and amber-ish white. As it is, I think that's way too much blue, which is saying a lot coming from someone whose favorite color is blue...

In addition, I was expecting the drop itself to glow more based on what the render suggested (like maybe using some internal spotlights built into the sides or something). Again, not sure how complete this is yet given how much they've been fiddling lately.

View attachment 782427
I also do hope the water in the drop glows similar to this and hopefully that lighting effect shines out from the top similar to the concept art

In the Parks
No
I don’t think TBA is ugly per se I just think it’s poorly designed. Some vantage points are worse than others. Head on isn’t bad IMO. I like the top of the structure of Disneylands version more so far.
Hmm, I'm not sure I agree with you on that. Disneyland's looks like it's wearing a Martin Luther hat:
1714502411067.png
1714502438539.png

So is this looking good for an earlier start than expected. Or am I getting too excited. Travelling from the UK in 1st 2 weeks of July so would love it to be open

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So is this looking good for an earlier start than expected. Or am I getting too excited. Travelling from the UK in 1st 2 weeks of July so would love it to be open

I have no inside info, but everything that seems to be circulating around seems to suggest it should be open by then. Media previews are in early June and typically public openings of attractions happen ~3 weeks after the first media previews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom