News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Oswald

In the grand scheme of things...it’s a banner and it isn’t going to make or break an attraction for me. I think we are blowing this a little out of proportion.
This is true. But I also think it's the incorrect location for this. The placement of the Welcome Home banner in Splash just made more sense. I like that they hid most of the story props within the Mountain, or at least far enough behind the facade that you could not see it from the promenade. Your only real peak into the ride was from the train, and that was cool. It added a sense of mystery and intrigue when I was still too young to ride.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

The enthusiasm of the cast is wholesome, but the dialouge presented isn't helping the fears that this'll be written like a Disney Jr. show where everyone's always happy and cheerful. Praying this is the finale Odie and that she's not saying this before throwing us over the 50 footer.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The enthusiasm of the cast is wholesome, but the dialouge presented isn't helping the fears that this'll be written like a Disney Jr. show where everyone's always happy and cheerful. Praying this is the finale Odie and that she's not saying this before throwing us over the 50 footer.
It is going to be very uplifting and aimed at the younger guest and family.

Ghost93

It is going to be very uplifting and aimed at the younger guest and family.
Other than the Brer Fox threats before he throws Brer Rabbit into the Briar patch, the dialogue in the OG Splash Mountain was also rather lighthearted and cutesy in tone. I'm not sure where this revisionist history is coming from that the original ride had edgy or grown up dialogue.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
439539540_911687757378375_4044569048671432303_n.jpg

Naveen in the background!

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Other than the Brer Fox threats before he throws Brer Rabbit into the Briar patch, the dialogue in the OG Splash Mountain was also rather lighthearted and cutesy in tone. I'm not sure where this revisionist history is coming from that the original ride had edgy or grown up dialogue.
Splash gradually built up the tension for the big plunge, before the climactic scene where Br'er Fox and Br'er Rabbit argue in the cave where the hang/roast/skinning threats come from. With Tiana it'll be "Happy happy joy joy here's a 50 foot fall thanks Mama Odie!"

discos

Lucky for you since Juju is with her its the finale Odie so her line works just fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom